Good Luck Ross County in the Cup Semi

CELTIC1CALEY3

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Don't be so nieve. They have more address season ticket holders with Inverness addresses than Ross shire ones. Of course if they are successful they affect our business prospects as a club! 

I doubt that is actually true. Living in Ross Shire almost everyone here seems to support County and pretry much all the kids in my school support County without exception. 

Do you have any proof that they have more season ticket holders from Inverness than Ross shire as I would find that very hard to believe. 

• Agree 2

Absolutely brilliant result for County. I completely disagree with all the bad wishes for them. It is all that is wrong with the world. We are country cousins. Many came to our finals to support us. I will do the same on March 13th and hope they win.

• Agree 3

Really great that the Highlands' 'wee team' put paid to Celtic's hopes of a treble.  Didn't something similar happen to the poor lads last year too?:cry:

The churlish inner me sort of hopes County don't win the final, but in another way it would be great for the Highlands if they did, especially, as another poster said, if Peterhead made it a trio of Cups coming north. So good luck to Peterhead too.

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

So its quite plausible for County fans to do the same in reverse, moving from villages to a city.

There will no doubt be a good few but more season ticket holders living in Inverness than Ross Shire? Not a chance. 

The support they have around here is huge. 

I suspect OCG is right....but maybe not for obvious reasons.  It's thought/believed/rumoured that a sizeable proportion of all County season tickets are "gifted" by Global to staff, friends, people they do business with etc.  Since their head office is in Inverness then the owner of all those tickets has an Inverness address, even if the people who use them may not.

• Disagree 1

Well done County, they deserved their place in the final. Boy did I enjoy hearing the wind being knocked out of the pundits sails  especially after their gloating about the under 27 seconds goal and the Celts are sensing blood -----------They were right though they were, in a sense, bloody awful.

Come to the Highlands and see the Cups :wink:

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

I suspect OCG is right....but maybe not for obvious reasons.  It's thought/believed/rumoured that a sizeable proportion of all County season tickets are "gifted" by Global to staff, friends, people they do business with etc.  Since their head office is in Inverness then the owner of all those tickets has an Inverness address, even if the people who use them may not.

The general pattern of demographics in the Highlands is for rural depopulation and an increase in population in Inverness.  I am sure there are more Ross-shire folk moving into Inverness than the other way round.  I'm one who bucks that trend as I have a Dingwall address.  

Nice to see another  Highland team going to a cup final, and in the process knocking out the Scottish champions. Always enjoy a cup upset, where the underdog beat the Big team (sound familiar). Yet again some Celtic supporter's & media beleive that it is a forgone conclusion that Celtic will be in the final. But no County earned it  and I don't be grudge them that, If I did it would make me rather small minded. So let's focus on retaining the Scottish cup and hopefully start by beating Motherwell. Mon the Caley:ictscarf:

• Agree 5

I know we all love to hate County, but I think some of the above comments go way too far. I have friends and colleagues who are County fans and I wouldn't dream of displaying such hatred to people based on the team they support, I'm just happy when we have the bragging rights (which is most of the time)! I'm not sure I want to see County lift the cup but I'm glad that Celtic won't.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Don't be so nieve. They have more address season ticket holders with Inverness addresses than Ross shire ones. Of course if they are successful they affect our business prospects as a club! 

Good way to offset the profits, buy X amount of season tickets to save paying tax which also buffers the deficit of the loss making club.

I only know of 1 local person who has started supporting county, never had an interest in footy until his new partner who's from Rossshire moved in, now 2 St bought for that address but I know of far more old pals who support various other SPFL clubs who now go to TCS because their kids are ICT fans.

As a near-Weegie who came to Caley and then ICT support by marriage to an Invernessian, I don't feel the County-hate that the native Sneckians do. And so I'm delighted to see a proper team - any team - put one over on either half of the Old Firm. Good on them. Over the next week or two, of course, they'll have to put up with all the same whingeing about reffing decisions from the club and their whiney supporters and their partners in Scotland's Old Firm lovin' media  that we had to put up with after the Big Cup semi last season.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Was only said in jest.

Your above statistic dosnt surprise me one iota.  It has a lot more to do with living in a rural area and moving to Inverness for a better lifestyle and employment prospects, than all our fans crossing the bridge. 

If you want to start naming local pubs there are a few of them who are from north of the bridge and are county fans. Does it really matter what their post code is. 

Actually Joe I think it was Roy MacGregor that said it in press? Will try and find link when I get time. I just don't get this County lovein when we are clearly both working in the same small pond for sponsorship etc....

3 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Was only said in jest.

Your above statistic dosnt surprise me one iota.  It has a lot more to do with living in a rural area and moving to Inverness for a better lifestyle and employment prospects, than all our fans crossing the bridge. 

If you want to start naming local pubs there are a few of them who are from north of the bridge and are county fans. Does it really matter what their post code is. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Well done to the Wee Team. They weathered the storm in the first 10 minutes then got the breaks needed against the Tattie Munchers to put them out. Shades of our semi against them last season. Now carry on and take down that over-rated Leith crew in the final to make it both cups in the Highlands at the same time.

How does that song go again Ronny? Oh yes, "you can stick year feckn Treble up her erse ..............."

• Agree 1

Congrats to Ross County...it's got to be good that the 'mighty Celtic' get pulled down a few pegs by a Highland team, how fantastic would it be if Caley managed to get to the Scottish Cup Final again so that two Highland teams were contesting silverware in the same season

• Agree 1

As funny as seeing Celtic collapse again was I still hope County get pumped in the final. Prepare now for a few weeks of what a miracle their club is when in reality they are no different from Gretna. Funded by a sugar daddy who is the only reason they are where they are. I'm not saying that we've not benefited over the years from some financial help of course!

Good luck to them. It's a nothing cup anyway, so I'm not really bothered if they win it or not. 

To be fair to them I started off watching it yesterday wanting them both to lose! But when you hear the cringeworthy biasedness the commentators/panellists heap on Celtic I actually found myself wanting County to do it the more the game went on. By the end I was highly delighted they won, my only disappointment being they didn't add a 4th and totally gub them.

Can't stand Hibs either, their fans suffer the same delusion as another 'sleeping giant' along the road from us. So I really do hope County win the thing. 

Edited by davieB
  • Agree 2