Banning young team from busses

nopyronoparty94

2 hours ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

CJT are becoming a total joke of a group. Seems to be run by a small cliche of boring middle aged fans who clearly don't have the interest of the fans as their priority.

To ban everyone travelling on a bus is utterly pathetic. Do things how they want it done or you don't get to do it at all.

So how do they keep order at whichever school in Easter Ross you attend?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

2 hours ago, ed said:

Caley Jags 'Together' are no longer representing the fans. I suggest that the people running the organisation find a new hobby because they aren't real football supporters.

I don't agree with what CJT have done on this occasion but, to say the people of CJT are not real football supporters is really not fair, many of them travel to most of the games and put a lot of time into running busses.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Why the secrecy?

Caleyjagforever and their deciples on CTO normally can't wait to bump their gums on trivial matters but when something like this comes along the silence is deafening 

It's about time this group realised they represent their own membership only and not the entire ICT support

Dougal

There seems to be a lot of unjustified bashing at CJT in this thread which is unwarranted. I know the guys that run CJT buses personally and they put in a tremendous amount time and effort alongside their full time jobs. 

I wasn't at the Stirling Albion game, so I couldn't possibly comment on the actions of the lads that have been 'banned'. In my opinion, the guys that have been banned wouldn't have been without good reasoning. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

I wasn't at the Stirling Albion game, so I couldn't possibly comment on the actions of the lads that have been 'banned'. In my opinion, the guys that have been banned wouldn't have been without good reasoning. 

So would someone from CJT please tell everyone what the reason is that got them banned? Give  the lads a break, how else they gonna get to the game. Did you even give them a warning the previous time?

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, HighlandsNumberOne said:

So would someone from CJT please tell everyone what the reason is that got them banned? Give  the lads a break, how else they gonna get to the game. Did you even give them a warning the previous time?

I'm only a member of CJT and not on the board, so again I couldn't possibly comment on why you guys have been banned. Again I'm just giving my opinion that CJT wouldn't hand out bans unless the actions warranted it. 

51 minutes ago, highlandexile said:

I don't agree with what CJT have done on this occasion but, to say the people of CJT are not real football supporters is really not fair, many of them travel to most of the games and put a lot of time into running busses.

Absolutely in both regards...

14 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

There seems to be a lot of unjustified bashing at CJT in this thread which is unwarranted. I know the guys that run CJT buses personally and they put in a tremendous amount time and effort alongside their full time jobs. 

I doubt there is ever a good reason to ban every single person on the bus. All 30 people deserving of a ban? Or have they just targeted the youngsters they so clearly dislike for other reasons. Their pathetic attention seeking statement was directed at them and trying to get them banned. 

Seems petty. These fans are the future not the middle aged grumps who think they are above these boys.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

I doubt there is ever a good reason to ban every single person on the bus. All 30 people deserving of a ban? Or have they just targeted the youngsters they so clearly dislike for other reasons. Their pathetic attention seeking statement was directed at them and trying to get them banned. 

Seems petty. These fans are the future not the middle aged grumps who think they are above these boys.

I seriously doubt that there is an agenda against the young guys using CJT nor is using it as an 'attention seeking statement'. 

Its very easy to side with the young lads when the full story isn't published. Like I said, I'm defending CJT over posters like you giving them unwarranted abuse when they put their heart and soul into the group. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

I would say banning all 30 boys is a clear agenda. They have just assumed they are all guilty of something. Every single one?

If an older fan was caught with a half bottle would they ban all older fans or everyone on his bus? Of course not, that would be ridiculous. But they can generalise and shown clear prejudice against the younger fans. How could they know that every single person on that bus is guilty of something? 

It's pathetic. 

• Agree 6

What right do Caley Jags Together have to ban individuals for daring to attempt to create an atmosphere at a football game? Another reason why crowds are dwindling across the country when fans already spending their hard earned money travelling the length and breadth of the country are actively discouraged from vocally supporting and getting behind their team. As per it seems like CJT act like the moral arbiter and the collective "voice" (the irony) of the entire support when really they have no grounds to do so.

• Agree 3

I don't know what went on which led to these folks being banned, but what I do know is that CJT, justifiably or not have created an absolute furore.  Now I'm a member of CJT, as are around 800 other ICT fans and all I want to know is what has happened and why?  They were very quick to get on their high horse over the pyro stuff yet on this, their silence is deafening.  As member, we should expect clarity.  Is that too much to ask?

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

I would say banning all 30 boys is a clear agenda. They have just assumed they are all guilty of something. Every single one?

If an older fan was caught with a half bottle would they ban all older fans or everyone on his bus? Of course not, that would be ridiculous. But they can generalise and shown clear prejudice against the younger fans. How could they know that every single person on that bus is guilty of something? 

It's pathetic. 

Unless their actions warranted it then I wouldn't say it was an agenda. I wasn't at the Stirling game and I don't know what happened on the bus 3 that day but all I'm saying and knowing the people who are on the board of CJT, they wouldn't hand out bans just for the sake of it. I'm also of the understanding that the number of bans in the OP is over exaggerated. 

I don't have a problem with the Young lads attending the games and hope the issue is resolved ASAP however I stand by my statement that the individuals banned wouldn't have been banned without good reasoning. 

The whole hidden agenda, Middle Ages, conspiracy stuff is utter tosh and not needed.

15 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

I'm only a member of CJT and not on the board, so again I couldn't possibly comment on why you guys have been banned. Again I'm just giving my opinion that CJT wouldn't hand out bans unless the actions warranted it. 

Im not one those boys who have banned, I normally drive done to away games when I can. I also understand you have just made an opinion and didn't make the decisin. 

My point is that for the Stiriling game me and a few mates decided use the very much appreciated service or CJT buses as they do a job that no one else does in organising buses. But what I did find strange was that they put 30 Teenagers in a mini bus with just the driver(too my understanding), on a 3 hour journey to a football match. What did they think would happen? They would all read books and catch up on their homework. Their obviously gonna sing and jump about if no one is telling them to calm down. 

The lads obviously didn't book 30 seats at the same time so it was somebody's decison to put them all in a mini bus. Well that was there mistake and these boys shouldn't be punished for it. 

Unban them or I guarantee the buses will struggle for numbers if people find out you get banned for  having a good time Ffs. 

• Disagree 1

On the face of it banning 30 people with one stroke seems like overkill but it is clear there are two sides to every story .... we haven't fully heard one side let alone both. There are a number of people here who likely do know the reasons, both from CJT and from the group that were present on the bus. The floor is open for them to tell the story if they wish. 

HOWEVER - The floor is not open to call people on either side of the debate arseholes, perverts or anything else derogatory or defamatory. That crosses the line of our rules on this site and we have hidden a couple of offending posts. Lets not go down the road of having to moderate or close this thread please ...... I know its emotive for many people, but it can be emotive without being abusive !

• Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

On the face of it banning 30 people with one stroke seems like overkill but it is clear there are two sides to every story .... we haven't fully heard one side let alone both. There are a number of people here who likely do know the reasons, both from CJT and from the group that were present on the bus. The floor is open for them to tell the story if they wish. 

HOWEVER - The floor is not open to call people on either side of the debate arseholes, perverts or anything else derogatory or defamatory. That crosses the line of our rules on this site and we have hidden a couple of offending posts. Lets not go down the road of having to moderate or close this thread please ...... I know its emotive for many people, but it can be emotive without being abusive !

Words of a pervert defender 

Caley Thistle do not have any problems with the support. We have probably the most well behaved support in the country. Caley Jags 'Together' have lost the plot. That joint statement with Ross County and now this. BAN EVERYONE.

Edited by ed
  • Agree 2

I was on bus 3 and I don't really know why 30 people were banned, there was singing on the way down and the driver complained about it and there was no singing the whole way back. anyway I don't really care I will just get the train to away games from now on.

• Agree 3