Banning young team from busses

nopyronoparty94

3 minutes ago, azZO said:

As someone who has been travelling to the majority of away games for the last four seasons, most of which have been using the bus provided by CJT I am completely bamboozled as to why they have taken the decision to prevent me from travelling to Motherwell. I have never had any issues with CJT before and am really quite angered after giving my service to them for so long. It is the young fans who kept the bus going at times as we have already seen when we never went to Celtic or Mitherwell earlier this season they failed to even run a bus due to such low numbers. I am now completely discouraged by travelling on this service in future and it seems to me they have really shot themselves in the foot on this matter. I don't know why they think they have the right to prevent fans from travelling to an away game when our numbers are so low. 

If you are one of those who were on bus 3 then you'll also be one of those meeting with CJT tomorrow night. You will also know the reason for the meeting and the banning order on saturday. The meeting will allow you to air your own views and make suggestions.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Alex MacLeod said:

If you are one of those who were on bus 3 then you'll also be one of those meeting with CJT tomorrow night. You will also know the reason for the meeting and the banning order on saturday. The meeting will allow you to air your own views and make suggestions.

Perhaps he was one of those on the bus who behaved and feels he has been unjustifiably punished for the conduct of others...

• Agree 4

I don't know what on earth is going on here but I can't believe all the outpourings on this site as a result of the initial posting. As a     regular on the away buses I have never seen singing being frowned upon. As the members of the board of CJT seem to be well balanced individuals I can't believe that they would place a ban on 30 youngsters from future buses simply for singing. Doesn't make sense. And if it doesn't make sense it's not true. I look forward to hearing the correct story on the bus to Motherwell on Saturday.  

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

There will be a meeting tomorrow night (Friday 5th Feb) at the upstairs meeting room of Dows Bar on Balloan Road.

This meeting is for the people who travelled on bus 3 to discuss how we can move forward, hopefully in a more positive manner.

For anyone else who has any issues they wish to raise we have the AGM coming up in 2 weeks time.  We also have some vacancies on the board so you may llike to consider filling out a nomination form and standing for election. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, RiG said:

Look forward to seeing the Young Team at Motherwell. Always good to have folk who get behind the team :smile:

Will they be there though? Since they are banned from bus and a train ticket would be far to expensive, how else they gonna get there? 

Does anyone know if the gellions bus is running for Motherwell, I know it is for Dundee away.

4 minutes ago, HighlandsNumberOne said:

Will they be there though? Since they are banned from bus and a train ticket would be far to expensive, how else they gonna get there? 

Does anyone know if the gellions bus is running for Motherwell, I know it is for Dundee away.

Too much short notice for Motherwell game

2 hours ago, HighlandsNumberOne said:

No idea. Hope they can get along though.

12 hours ago, Renegade said:

Alleged inappropriate behaviour by young people is going to be discussed in a bar.  Does anyone else see the irony in that?

It is in a private meeting room above a bar lol

21 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

No

9 hours ago, L_G said:

It is in a private meeting room above a bar lol

I'd have thought with so much emphasis on underage drinking these days and the recent alleged rowdy behaviour, CJT would look to appear to show that's it's board often attend far more classy establishments than dives like Dows.  I was thinking more of the Castle Street Restaurant or even So Coco! 

• Disagree 2

12 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I'd have thought with so much emphasis on underage drinking these days and the recent alleged rowdy behaviour, CJT would look to appear to show that's it's board often attend far more classy establishments than dives like Dows.  I was thinking more of the Castle Street Restaurant or even So Coco! 

Could it be that the venue you describe as a dive is convenient, has a history of support for the club and is reasonably priced ?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

We would like to thank the boys, board members and fans who turned out tonight.  The meeting was very positive with good points raised from all in attendance. 

Hopefully everyone would have taken something from the meeting and we can all move forward in a positive manner.

• Agree 9
  • Disagree 1

The OP might have been slightly disingenuous in suggesting that it was Much Ado About Nothing but it looks after the welcome hastily convened meeting it could be a case of All's Well That Ends Well.

Well done to all concerned at let's hope that our generally fantastic young crew can continue to support the team loudly and proudly but within the law.

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Could it be that the venue you describe as a dive is convenient, has a history of support for the club and is reasonably priced ?

I'm afraid it's not somewhere that well-mannered, Crownian socialites like myself would attend particularly regularly. 

4916523.jpg

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

The OP might have been slightly disingenuous in suggesting that it was Much Ado About Nothing but it looks after the welcome hastily convened meeting it could be a case of All's Well That Ends Well.

Maybe a quote from Macbeth would have better described the now very distant OP - "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

• Disagree 6

Firstly I wish to state I have a couple of close friends who are board members of CJT and I don't want to be seen as having a 'rant' at them but personally I can't just 'put this situation to bed' so to speak. The events of this past week have left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I feel there is to many pressing questions which need answered. 

Going by that brief statement from CJT earlier, it would make you think everything is now hunky-dory, but quite frankly I think it's a sham and I'm not prepared to sit back, kow tow and take it as Gospel. 

After speaking to one of the lads who attended tonight's meeting, its become clear that part of the 'problem' on the Stirling trip was indeed singing....... But also some of the group were standing during the journey...... How this warrants an immediate ban, I just do not know!! Personally throughout this week I was thinking, the lads must have been drinking or something. But no! The serious offence committed was standing and singing....

It has also come to my attention that only 4 boys turned up to the meeting tonight (out of 30 something I believe were banned?). Frankly this doesn't surprise me and from what I've been hearing the vast majority of lads are feeling very dissolution about the whole saga and not only did not turn up tonight, but are not interested in tomorrow's game either. I will be deeply saddened if these lads don't come back, ever! But who would blame them after the way they have been treated this past week. For this Clubs sake, I hope the news of a more frequent Gellions Bus tempts them to come back, but i suppose its just a case of wait and see. 

However the main point which has really angered me tonight is that the 4 boys who were in attendance tonight and showed willingness to meet, have been told that there might not be enough space on the bus for them tomorrow. Its a case of turning up to the stadium at 10 am and waiting to see if no-one else turns up so they can get their seats.......Sorry but this is an absolutely disgraceful way to treat any loyal supporter of this club. So much so that 2 of the 4 lads have decided to just forget about tomorrow.

So instead of 30 odd boistrous and vocal young fans turning up and cheering on the team in what is a crucial game in defending our trophy, only 2 will be going. That is of course if by chance there is any seats left on the bus. What a shambolic mess!! All because they were standing and singing on the bus to Stirling......And if it turns out that the team are defeated tomorrow and the team felt there wasn't enough backing from the fans, well the blame quite frankly lies at the door of CJT and the poor handling of this situation. 

Please believe me when i say It saddens me to the core to say that, because CJT and the Supporters Trust before them have in general been true ambassoders for this club. The card display at Hampden, the ticket allocation at LC Final, the many times we needed transport to semi finals or finals with stupid KO times couldn't have been done without them!! But the handling of this week and the poorly written statement re: Pyro a couple weeks back have sadly alienated a large section of our support, a section which is mainly made up of young/loyal/committed supporters who are essential to the future of this Club. Way to go CJT. 

Before I close I wish to ask a few questions. who was the person that sent that text earlier in the week to the lads, demanding that they were to be banned and that there was to be no further discussion about it. Are they a CJT board member? If so they should be struck off! Had he shown a little more wisdom none of this would have happened. I dont want some petty jobsworth who acts out with a knee-jerk reaction to be the 'voice' of our support. 

Why if the 'problem' was on the weekend of Stirling Away was it not dealt with immediately after that weekend? That game was 4 weeks ago. Had this all been sorted out then, we might actually be seeing more young fans at Well tmo and not expecting the farcical situation of 2 young lads turning up at the stadium not knowing if they can go to the game or not.

And lastly, what will CJT be doing in the coming weeks to ensure that all 30odd lads are made to feel welcome at TCS and away games? I cannot stress enough how these guys are the future of this club and if this is dealt badly now, could have serious ramifications in years to come!

I close by stating that famous, elequent but simple quote by Jock Stein "Football without Fans, is Nothing". Please please please, no-one should ever forget that! 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 6

3 hours ago, ForzaCaley said:

Firstly I wish to state I have a couple of close friends who are board members of CJT and I don't want to be seen as having a 'rant' at them but personally I can't just 'put this situation to bed' so to speak. The events of this past week have left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I feel there is to many pressing questions which need answered. 

Going by that brief statement from CJT earlier, it would make you think everything is now hunky-dory, but quite frankly I think it's a sham and I'm not prepared to sit back, kow tow and take it as Gospel. 

After speaking to one of the lads who attended tonight's meeting, its become clear that part of the 'problem' on the Stirling trip was indeed singing....... But also some of the group were standing during the journey...... How this warrants an immediate ban, I just do not know!! Personally throughout this week I was thinking, the lads must have been drinking or something. But no! The serious offence committed was standing and singing....

It has also come to my attention that only 4 boys turned up to the meeting tonight (out of 30 something I believe were banned?). Frankly this doesn't surprise me and from what I've been hearing the vast majority of lads are feeling very dissolution about the whole saga and not only did not turn up tonight, but are not interested in tomorrow's game either. I will be deeply saddened if these lads don't come back, ever! But who would blame them after the way they have been treated this past week. For this Clubs sake, I hope the news of a more frequent Gellions Bus tempts them to come back, but i suppose its just a case of wait and see. 

However the main point which has really angered me tonight is that the 4 boys who were in attendance tonight and showed willingness to meet, have been told that there might not be enough space on the bus for them tomorrow. Its a case of turning up to the stadium at 10 am and waiting to see if no-one else turns up so they can get their seats.......Sorry but this is an absolutely disgraceful way to treat any loyal supporter of this club. So much so that 2 of the 4 lads have decided to just forget about tomorrow.

So instead of 30 odd boistrous and vocal young fans turning up and cheering on the team in what is a crucial game in defending our trophy, only 2 will be going. That is of course if by chance there is any seats left on the bus. What a shambolic mess!! All because they were standing and singing on the bus to Stirling......And if it turns out that the team are defeated tomorrow and the team felt there wasn't enough backing from the fans, well the blame quite frankly lies at the door of CJT and the poor handling of this situation. 

Please believe me when i say It saddens me to the core to say that, because CJT and the Supporters Trust before them have in general been true ambassoders for this club. The card display at Hampden, the ticket allocation at LC Final, the many times we needed transport to semi finals or finals with stupid KO times couldn't have been done without them!! But the handling of this week and the poorly written statement re: Pyro a couple weeks back have sadly alienated a large section of our support, a section which is mainly made up of young/loyal/committed supporters who are essential to the future of this Club. Way to go CJT. 

Before I close I wish to ask a few questions. who was the person that sent that text earlier in the week to the lads, demanding that they were to be banned and that there was to be no further discussion about it. Are they a CJT board member? If so they should be struck off! Had he shown a little more wisdom none of this would have happened. I dont want some petty jobsworth who acts out with a knee-jerk reaction to be the 'voice' of our support. 

Why if the 'problem' was on the weekend of Stirling Away was it not dealt with immediately after that weekend? That game was 4 weeks ago. Had this all been sorted out then, we might actually be seeing more young fans at Well tmo and not expecting the farcical situation of 2 young lads turning up at the stadium not knowing if they can go to the game or not.

And lastly, what will CJT be doing in the coming weeks to ensure that all 30odd lads are made to feel welcome at TCS and away games? I cannot stress enough how these guys are the future of this club and if this is dealt badly now, could have serious ramifications in years to come!

I close by stating that famous, elequent but simple quote by Jock Stein "Football without Fans, is Nothing". Please please please, no-one should ever forget that! 

Forza, it's a shame you didn't make it along to the meeting last night, as the points you raised could have been fully discussed. You would also have heard at first hand exactly what the issues were 4 weeks ago, why the action was taken and the solutions that were put forward both by board members and the young people who attended.  My recollection of the tone and outcome of the meeting is very, very different to the second hand view you have presented here. 

My impression was that everyone left the meeting last night feeling that they had had their say and had been heard, and that the matter was now closed. 

• Agree 4

It was said at least a dozen times to the lads at the meeting last night that singing had absolutely nothing to do with it and they seemed happy about the outcome at the end. So how you can say that it was to do with singing is beyond me.

I suggest if you are a CJT member to go to the AGM at the Caley Club on Feb 19th at 7pm to air all these issues in depth. As for asking for people to be ' 'struck off' perhaps put yourself forward at the AGM to help implement all your ideas? Also unsure how they could be a jobsworth as you get paid to do a job.

At the end of the day it was admitted that lessons were learned on both sides and that was the positive basis the meeting ended on.

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1