Banning young team from busses

nopyronoparty94

It never ceases to amaze me how quick our own fans are to stick the boot in to the club, berating it on how crap it is.  Fascinating.

This includes chastising the group that tries to represent the fans.  If you are really that concerned then get down to the CaleyJags AGM, get involved and get your positive contributions in.  Making a difference starts with you. 

• Agree 9

On 8 February 2016 at 4:42 PM, ForzaCaley said:

Dearest Forum friends...

After some thinking, I write to simply apologise for my outburst during the early hours of Saturday morning. I believed that I had all the facts but sadly my ignorance got the better of me. I would like to thank L_G for her time to 'put me right' whilst we messaged on Saturday morning. I do believe I was given some 'half-truths' from the people I had been in contact with, but clearly it was not the WHOLE truth. 

To give you a little background information, three of my best mates were banned for 3 months by the Club in 2007 during the Mike Smith/West Stand Singing Section fiasco....remember that? Sadly these three guys never came back and still have nothing to do with ICT. So when I heard that 30 odd youngsters had now been 'banned' I feared the worst, panicked and overreacted. I was fearful that an even larger group of young/future fans were now going to be alienated and not come back...

However as it has been detailed to me by L_G that CJT and the majority of the young team appear to be happy to move on and therefore so am I!!

It has also come to my attention that a couple of CJT stalwarts have tendered their resignations. This saddens me on a personal level because I know them and the hard work they have put in to the supporters group. Sure, this past week hasn't been dealt with too fantastically, but when you look at the long list of achievements in which CJT have been involved in, last week was a minor blip! I desperately ask those who have tendered their resignations to have a long think before next weeks AGM and reconsider!! I say this because there is somewhat uncertainty on whether CJT can continue if they are not replaced. It is a whole lot more beneficial for us as supporters to have CJT than not to have them. They are the middle man between us the fans and the board.....We need them!

I have been asked in the past to consider joining CJT but sadly I don't have the time at the moment to commit 100%. that's not to say I won't do it in the future, because as you know through my FC United connections I fully support and fan/supporter involvement at Club level. However as JamieICT stated before on this thread, I do feel there needs to be a representative for the younger/under30s fanbase. Had their been a representative for this age group, there may have never been such a 'blow up' and confusion, Maybe this is an area CJT can look into in the near future? 

Anyways that's enough from me! #Togetherness :ictscarf:

The idea of having representatives for different age groups is a good one. A lot of SNP branches elect 'champions' for different groups - older people, young people, etc. This is something CJT could perhaps emulate.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Renegade said:

Can we please stop calling them a 'young team'?  Every time I see it and I can't stop picturing some teenage ned with a thick Glaswegian accent saying "Hey mistah!  Gies a quid to watch ya motar!"

They actually seem to start them younger than that. One Saturday, pre-match, I parked in a street close to Parkhead, politely declining a shrill offer from a 7 year old to "Mindyurmo'urmisturr?"

It still struck me as something of a calculated risk to turn the kind offer down.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Disagree 1

28 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

They actually seem to start them younger than that. One Saturday, pre-match, I parked in a street close to Parkhead, politely declining a shrill offer from a 7 year old to "Mindyurmo'urmisturr?"

It still struck me as something of a calculated risk to turn the kind offer down.

Back in the day I believe the practice was to proffer the prospective 'mo'ur minder' half of a ten bob note promising the other half on return to an undamaged vehicle....

In years past (a long time ago) I remember I paid £1 for these youngsters to watch my car and it was always safe when I came back. And I am sure some have heard the joke about the guy that said to the youngsters there was no need as he was leaving his dogs in the car and that got the reply of can they put out fires!!!!!

12 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Banned by Mike Smith - Unbelievable :laugh:

mmm, I remember those times ..... when one of my good friends was accused of being a racist for chanting "Brew, Brew, Brew" and the cloth ears of some jobsworth determined it was monkey noises. Thats when the same gentleman mentioned above forgot about the 5 hour time difference and phoned me in the earliest of hours demanding that I take the forum (on what was then the official site) offline because he was getting a hard time for those actions .... I declined his offer in my best rudely awakened at 4am mindset of course, and within weeks we were back to being an unofficial site and the club was on its way to letting the 'perform' group 'provide them with a service' for a little while. interesting times indeed.  

• Agree 1