Sign in to follow this  
nopyronoparty94

Banning young team from busses

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

There seems to be a lot of unjustified bashing at CJT in this thread which is unwarranted. I know the guys that run CJT buses personally and they put in a tremendous amount time and effort alongside their full time jobs. 

I wasn't at the Stirling Albion game, so I couldn't possibly comment on the actions of the lads that have been 'banned'. In my opinion, the guys that have been banned wouldn't have been without good reasoning. 

This precisely the kind of  attitude that so antagonises so many people.  You state you weren't there so can't possibly comment and then in the next breath find the youngsters guilty of behaviour justifying a ban simply on the basis of the fact that you know people in CJT!  

I wasn't there either, but what I know is that the OP raised a very serious issue and that nobody from CJT has as yet replied.  That is disappointing, shall we say.  I also know that people should only be banned if they personally were doing something which they had repeatedly been told not to do, or if they did something which was so serious it justified an immediate ban.  For a ban to be justified it would seem to me that something serious would have to have happened, the nature of which we are currently in ignorance.

It really is important that someone from CJT makes a statement about how many people they are banning from the buses and the reason for that.  As a club we desperately need more youngsters coming to games and making a noise and we need the club establishment to work with them and encourage their presence.  On the face of it, the reported ban will have the opposite effect and the silence from CJT is clearly not helping.

 

 

 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, StruanICTFC1994 said:

Words of a pervert defender 

I was gobsmacked when I saw you had a minus 100 rating with just two posts

Now I can kind of guess why :blink:

you are doing yourself no favours

Edited by jagster
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, InvernessCT19 said:

I was on bus 3 and I don't really know why 30 people were banned, there was singing on the way down and the driver complained about it and there was no singing the whole way back. anyway I don't really care I will just get the train to away games from now on.

Poor crack with the driver complaining he has to remember when he looks in the mirror of the bus that people behind him are paying his wages and just wanting to enjoy themselves

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

Go on the Gellions bus instead when they run them. They will be happy for you to sing.

wonder if the gellions would do a bus to most away games even if it's a mini bus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

This precisely the kind of  attitude that so antagonises so many people.  You state you weren't there so can't possibly comment and then in the next breath find the youngsters guilty of behaviour justifying a ban simply on the basis of the fact that you know people in CJT!  

 

 

 

DD, the reason that I have decided to speak out was purely retaliation on Joe DiMaggio's first post and also ones in similar vein. Yes, I wasn't at the game but I trust the decision makers not to make this one just over 'singing' there's more to it than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone contact a member of the board on the CJT and get them to put a statement out about this? So we can find out in detail what has happened on bus 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ICTRoughi said:

DD, the reason that I have decided to speak out was purely retaliation on Joe DiMaggio's first post and also ones in similar vein. Yes, I wasn't at the game but I trust the decision makers not to make this one just over 'singing' there's more to it than that. 

Is there? We've been waiting a while now for a reason and people from cjt have read this but not replied.

Also I can't see how anyone can possibly ban a whole bus. They can't all be guilty of something. It's generalising and rash. There may have been people doing something we don't know about but you can be sure there would have been people on that bus behaving fine. They are showing clear prejudice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

wonder if the gellions would do a bus to most away games even if it's a mini bus

I'm sure they would. Especially if they can get these young ones involved in coming.

And I can guarantee they would have much more fun on the Gellions bus! Night and day compared to the cjt busses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Focus rental do a minibus for approx £120 you would need a driver aged 28+ would cost less combined than the £20 for supporters bus 16seats less than ten each plus fuel etc

Just an option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

Also I can't see how anyone can possibly ban a whole bus. They can't all be guilty of something. It's generalising and rash. There may have been people doing something we don't know about but you can be sure there would have been people on that bus behaving fine. They are showing clear prejudice. 

I have been reliably informed that the whole bus haven't been banned. As I previously said the number in the OP is over exaggerated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone willing to drive a minibus to away games :wink: earn a few quid and a free match ticket? or does anyone know anymore information about the gellions bus?

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

I have been reliably informed that the whole bus haven't been banned. As I previously said the number in the OP is over exaggerated. 

unfortunately that was not what was said in the message sent by John from CJT!  Maybe that's where the misunderstanding is coming from and needs to be clarified by CJT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jagster said:

Focus rental do a minibus for approx £120 you would need a driver aged 28+ would cost less combined than the £20 for supporters bus 16seats less than ten each plus fuel etc

Just an option

That is an option jagster but just bear in mind that the average 16 seater, fully laden, does around 15 miles to the gallon. A lot of fuel in a 3 hundred mile round trip.

On subject of minibus, how did 30 people get packed into one anyway? They have a max 16 passenger seats.

Now I dont know what wenton or who has made this banning order so, like some others have said, I think it would be a good idea if CJT was to issue a statement explaining the reasoning. From what I can gather from one earlier post is that CJT were not a party to this decision and that it has come from one individual.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

I have been reliably informed that the whole bus haven't been banned. As I previously said the number in the OP is over exaggerated. 

Reliably informed lol. By someone who won't defend their position in public? 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

I have been reliably informed that the whole bus haven't been banned. As I previously said the number in the OP is over exaggerated. 

well the text stated "we have decided to deny the right to travel on our bus to motherwell to all persons on bus 3" and when asked why the reply was "end of discussion "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have been a 33 seater Alex.

The Aviemore community bus is 90p per mile and 60p after 100 miles no charges for fuel if you live in Aviemore area its £210 for 16 seats there and back. 240 miles.

Hopefully it can all be resolved soon and get back to the main football focus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the ones banned say they will go on the gellions bus if there was one running as there is no other way for us to make the game on Saturday unless we were to get a driver as we can not take the train due to the times 

 

9 minutes ago, InvernessCT19 said:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alex MacLeod said:

That is an option jagster but just bear in mind that the average 16 seater, fully laden, does around 15 miles to the gallon. A lot of fuel in a 3 hundred mile round trip.

On subject of minibus, how did 30 people get packed into one anyway? They have a max 16 passenger seats.

Now I dont know what wenton or who has made this banning order so, like some others have said, I think it would be a good idea if CJT was to issue a statement explaining the reasoning. From what I can gather from one earlier post is that CJT were not a party to this decision and that it has come from one individual.

 

Thats true but with 16 paying including the fuel prob about £15 per head is still fairly reasonable, I would imagine getting a driver would be the tricky bit, maybe one of their parents would do it but maybe they wouldnt want that for obvious reasons, Would be a shame to lose them, we stood beside them at stirling and changed ends at half time to stand behind them and apart from the smoke bomb incident they were good fun to watch and sing along with

Edited by jagster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, InvernessCT19 said:

well the text stated "we have decided to deny the right to travel on our bus to motherwell to all persons on bus 3" and when asked why the reply was "end of discussion "

The text would have been relating to the group booking rather than the whole of the bus, which seems to be the confusion. 

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Only as long as it's Flower Of Scotland......

I guess you think you're funny but you just bore everyone else here senseless. Boring and predictable. 

Edited by Joe DiMaggio
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

The text would have been relating to the group booking rather than the whole of the bus, which seems to be the confusion. 

Maybe that's what was meant but unfortunately that is not how it reads!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

The text would have been relating to the group booking rather than the whole of the bus, which seems to be the confusion. 

Each person has tried to book them seleves on individualy including many who attend every away game and have taken the supports bus on a regular occasion 

 

 

Edited by nopyronoparty94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.