Banning young team from busses

nopyronoparty94

10 minutes ago, InvernessCT19 said:

well the text stated "we have decided to deny the right to travel on our bus to motherwell to all persons on bus 3" and when asked why the reply was "end of discussion "

A pretty pathetic text then. Maybe you should post the photo up as proof. Wonder what ICTRoughi will respond with. Someone's telling fibs.

37 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

DD, the reason that I have decided to speak out was purely retaliation on Joe DiMaggio's first post and also ones in similar vein. Yes, I wasn't at the game but I trust the decision makers not to make this one just over 'singing' there's more to it than that. 

But unless you have some insider knowledge that you are not sharing, you don't even know who issued the alleged ban.  You also admit that you don't know what the ban is for.  For their part, the youngsters have claimed their ban is because they were singing and throughout this lengthy thread, nobody has given any indication that it was for anything else.   But despite all of this you have come to the conclusions that the youngsters deserve to be banned simply because you trust the decision makers!  Are you the only person on here who can't see what an appallingly prejudiced attitude that is?  I seem to recall that Neville Chamberlain once trusted the Nazis and that led to a bit of a stooshi as well.  

Rather than write yet another post on here, it would be helpful if you could get in touch with your honourable chums in CJT and ask one of them to tell us what actions they have taken and why. 

• Agree 1

Have passed this on and gellions say you are all welcome on their busses. And welcome to sing and have as much fun as you want.

Not sure if there is anything sorted for this sat but they are going to try and sort things out. If all the boys move over to gellions bus could get a regular one organised. 

• Agree 6

What on earth could possibly be of such importance to the CJT Board that nobody can afford the time to come on here or even just make a statement along the lines of - "The Board of CJT note the contents of this thread with concern and will be issuing a full statement in the morning"?  

Edited by DoofersDad

That statement from Mr Horne is very disturbing. It appears indeed that a whole bus has been banned due to the unspecified 'misbehaviour' of some.

Those who give up their time for no reward to organise and run the buses are generally worthy of praise but this is an ill considered shambles and does them no credit at all and did a bus driver really complain that a bus load of excited young football fans had the temerity to sing football songs ? If so maybe he would be better employed driving Trappist monks between monasteries ....and the 'end of discussion' quote is just sheer high handed arrogance.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 5

43 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

But unless you have some insider knowledge that you are not sharing, you don't even know who issued the alleged ban.  You also admit that you don't know what the ban is for.  For their part, the youngsters have claimed their ban is because they were singing and throughout this lengthy thread, nobody has given any indication that it was for anything else.   But despite all of this you have come to the conclusions that the youngsters deserve to be banned simply because you trust the decision makers!  Are you the only person on here who can't see what an appallingly prejudiced attitude that is?  I seem to recall that Neville Chamberlain once trusted the Nazis and that led to a bit of a stooshi as well.  

Rather than write yet another post on here, it would be helpful if you could get in touch with your honourable chums in CJT and ask one of them to tell us what actions they have taken and why. 

I can understand your view point DD, however I just cannot envision board members banning the younger fans for singing on a bus, if that was the case more than just the lads would be banned in previous times I have travelled with them. 

Don't me wrong, I really hope this issue gets resolved as soon as possible and I don't like seeing any fan being banned from travelling. All I wanted to make the point was that I didn't think the slandering of CJT was justifiable by certain posters.

44 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

I can understand your view point DD, however I just cannot envision board members banning the younger fans for singing on a bus, if that was the case more than just the lads would be banned in previous times I have travelled with them. 

Don't me wrong, I really hope this issue gets resolved as soon as possible and I don't like seeing any fan being banned from travelling. All I wanted to make the point was that I didn't think the slandering of CJT was justifiable by certain posters.

I agree with you that folk shouldn't be slandering CJT.  The difference between us is that I also don't think you should be slandering the youngsters.  Your friends in CJT haven't exactly justified your faith in them today with that rather worrying tweet which was posted and their extraordinary refusal to make any comment on the matter on this forum.  I really think it is inappropriate to jump to any conclusions regarding the behaviour of the youngsters until CJT finally break their silence. 

8 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I agree with you that folk shouldn't be slandering CJT.  The difference between us is that I also don't think you should be slandering the youngsters.  Your friends in CJT haven't exactly justified your faith in them today with that rather worrying tweet which was posted and their extraordinary refusal to make any comment on the matter on this forum.  I really think it is inappropriate to jump to any conclusions regarding the behaviour of the youngsters until CJT finally break their silence. 

I feel that I'm not slandering the youngsters though. I'm only expressing my opinion that CJT wouldn't issue a banning if it wasn't warrented. CJT have rules of conduct when using the transport and said rules may have been broken leading to the ban. From reading the text in the screenshot, no reason was given for the ban, only the OP has stated it was for singing which frankly I find bizarre. 

I do agree with you that once CJT give clarity over this issue the better. 

Just to add a bit of balance that private text didn't say an indefinite ban just said for the Motherwell game. Maybe it was for unruly behaviour. If it was John H's decision, then it was made by someone who gives free time to the club via CJT, free time to supporters bus users and additional free time in other interests which are to instill core values in youngsters. No point starting a witch hunt without all the facts or even knowing who it should be aimed at in the first place.

Hoping all fans involved make it to the match. Even if it is during a 'trial' period on a different bus.  

7 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Just to add a bit of balance that private text didn't say an indefinite ban just said for the Motherwell game. Maybe it was for unruly behaviour. If it was John H's decision, then it was made by someone who gives free time to the club via CJT, free time to supporters bus users and additional free time in other interests which are to instill core values in youngsters. No point starting a witch hunt without all the facts or even knowing who it should be aimed at in the first place.

Hoping all fans involved make it to the match. Even if it is during a 'trial' period on a different bus.  

I have given him and all the others who give up their time and put a lot of effort due credit. They generally do sterling work often for little thanks. That doesn't alter the fact that on this occasion he seems to have got it badly wrong. Rather than trying to defend the indefensible or, just as bad, sitting in silence hoping that the fuss will die down it's time to admit the mistake and climb down from that high horse and put it right.

We would like to clarify our reasons for not responding to individual comments on this thread, and outline what steps we are taking to resolve what is clearly an emotive and important issue which directly impacts a small number of our supporters. 

Firstly, we are in the process of arranging meetings with the young people in question, with adult representatives where necessary, so that we can discuss fully with them the behaviour we expect from everyone who travels on the supporters buses, and what we feel was inappropriate behaviour on the Stirling Albion journey. It would be wholly inappropriate to discuss details of this on a public forum before meeting with the young people in person. Suffice to say, the issue was not about loud singing on the buses. 

Secondly, the number of fans banned from the Motherwell (and the Motherwell bus only, not all subsequent buses) has been very much overstated. We have a duty to all of our regular travelling supporters to ensure that buses are run within the guidelines set by the bus company and to a standard that the majority of supporters feel is appropriate. This includes several young people who we know travel regularly with CJT. 

We fully appreciate the concern shown on this forum and other social media about the importance of growing our young support and making fans of all ages feel welcome and included. We realise there has been some miscommunication with those involved and as soon as we have discussed the issue with the individuals concerned, we will inform our supporters through the appropriate channels. 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 4

The above statement says to me that there has been a lot of untruths and stories created from guesswork and/or a need to abuse people in authority just for the sake of it.

Knowing some of those on the board of CJT, and the fact that they, either through CJT or through previous supporters club, have organised and run buses ever since this club joined the professional league system, I would be very surprised if this action was taken simply because a few youngsters were singing. I'm inclined to think that 'innapropriate behaviour' has a greater meaning, and maybe even a serious safety issue, than some appear to want to hear.

I think the above statement suggests that CJT are being responsible in  the actions being taken and I hope its all resolved to the benefit of all.

At last, a mature, well considered and reasonable statement. It's just a pity that the situation was handled so badly in the first place but hopefully all concerned will learn and move on together in partnership.

Enthusiastic young fans are not the enemy quite the contrary. Some may have acted immaturely but the initial knee jerk, unfairly blanket and high handed approach was just as unsatisfactory and immature in it's own way.

Reach some common ground with these generally fantastic young ambassadors for the club and put this sorry business behind us.

14 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

At last, a mature, well considered and reasonable statement. It's just a pity that the situation was handled so badly in the first place but hopefully all concerned will learn and move on together in partnership.

Enthusiastic young fans are not the enemy quite the contrary. Some may have acted immaturely but the initial knee jerk, unfairly blanket and high handed approach was just as unsatisfactory and immature in it's own way.

Reach some common ground with these generally fantastic young ambassadors for the club and put this sorry business behind us.

To be fair to CJT Kingsmill the bad handling was done by those posting on here without any facts. Its just 24 hours since opening post and I presume the thread triggered a meeting of CJT board members before issuing above statement.

I do think some folk have overreacted without knowing all the facts.