Scottish Cup Draw

Kingsmills

Why bother with a draw, they should just all sit round a table and decide in advance - lets help the big clubs and make sure that the wee teams dont make the final.

Re-draw is a farce - yet again another cup draw which creates suspision around the credability and impartiality of the draw. Another embarassing affair by the SFA.

I wiouldnt be surprised when we beat the Edinburgh team we will have a semi at Hampden against one of the OF - expect Rangers, as we will be seen as a more probable win than putting them against RC or DU. An OF cup final is overdue afterall lol

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I believe that DU v Celtic came out and it went bellyup on the second pairing so they went back to the start. If you're driving from Inverness to Dingwall, break down at Tore and have to get the AA out to do a roadside repair, do you then go back to Inverness and start your journey again?

I believe they have rules they have to follow and they have made them to follow the same principle as if a game has to be abandoned.  If you are winning 5 - 0 and it is abandoned with 5 minutes to go, you start at 0 - 0 and play the game in full.  But surely, only the SFA would think they actually need rules just in case they **** up something as simple as pulling 8 balls out of a bowl.

Given the long, proud history of the Scottish Cup, why oh why can't they just do it the traditional way with numbered balls?  It would then be almost impossible for anything to go wrong - unless, of course, someone from the SFA was drawing the balls out, in which case there would be a high probability that they would pull out more than one at a time.

• Agree 1

This balls thing is a cock up not a stitch up, but one of those butterfly effect or Sliding Doors scenarios where so many things will now go on to be very different to how they would have been if the initial draw had been completed. Different draw = different semi-finalists, different winner, different losers, different budgets for next season, impact on contract extensions or otherwise for players and managers etc etc.

That draw should help extend the period since the Hobos last won the Scottish Cup to 115 years and counting. If the Jambos don't beat them in their replay we should be able to turn them over at Fester Road. I feel another semi coming.

The Tattie Munchers are not certain to beat Morton. Remember their League Cup tie in September 2013 at Darkheid? They also struggled to find the net against East Kilbride, scraping by with two close range efforts including the palm from Griffiths.

The SFA will no doubt take account of the distance our fans have to travel........and then, in conjunction with SKY, schedule it for a date and a time when there is no convenient public transport, horrendous road conditions and a ridiculously early start.

• Agree 3

Actually, while we have been critical of the SFA maybe we should be commending them for ingenious use of new technology.

Pre programming that ball to spring open in the event of either of the ugly sisters being drawn away against a Premiership side was a stroke of genius.

25 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

That would be appropriate. The honours system and the cup draw are both farce.

:lol:
DD's comment still makes me laugh - even after looking at it for the twentieth time!
Yet, Lenny Henry is a 'Sir' - and has yet to make me smile once! :laugh:

36 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Who's job is it to screw up the balls? 

It's quite ironic. A couple of weeks ago I attended the draw for five shinty cups with between 13 and 28 entries which were all drawn from the first round stage right through to the semi finals. Using mini shinty balls with numbers painted on them, it all went flawlessly and there was certainly no hint of Newtonmore, having originally come out away to Glenurquhart, then getting Beauly at home in a re-draw.

Meanwhile the SFA can't even draw four pairs of balls out of a goldfish bowl properly.

• Agree 2

On 09/02/2016 at 3:05 PM, Sneckboy said:

:lol:
DD's comment still makes me laugh - even after looking at it for the twentieth time!
Yet, Lenny Henry is a 'Sir' - and has yet to make me smile once! :laugh:

That's nice of you to say so.  A bit off topic but as fate would have it, I once had a very brief conversation with Lenny Henry.  He and his post Dawn French lady friend were in the security queue just in front of us at a small overseas airport.  When we got through security they were standing around looking lost and he stopped us and asked us where the airport lounge was - not exactly a lot of laughs there either!

But to be fair, I think Sir Lenny would be able to make a pretty good sketch out of the SFA QF draw farce.  It would probably end up with all 5 ties being played in Dudley.

13 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

That's nice of you to say so.  A bit off topic but as fate would have it, I once had a very brief conversation with Lenny Henry.  He and his post Dawn French lady friend were in the security queue just in front of us at a small overseas airport.  When we got through security they were standing around looking lost and he stopped us and asked us where the airport lounge was - not exactly a lot of laughs there either!

But to be fair, I think Sir Lenny would be able to make a pretty good sketch out of the SFA QF draw farce.  It would probably end up with all 5 ties being played in Dudley.

Lucky you. I very often stay in Premier Inns and have never bumped into the comedic knight once....odd since he seems so fond of them...

• Agree 1