Inverness CT -V- Aberdeen

Scotty

Terrific result, one which I was hoping for but not daring to expect, even though we've had the better of them this season.

I wonder how many more of our players have just been added to Aberdeen's summer transfer target list?!

Our penalty was soft but Draper was potentially going to shoot on goal which was not the case with their two claims. Shinnie and the ball were going feckin nowhere and it was a case that he got there fractionally first and the clash between Draper and our MOM happens a dozen times every game and that was not going anywhere either

A well deserved and very useful three points against the league's form team. Follow that up with at least a point from Parkhead on Saturday and it will be the best week of the season so far.

Sometimes critical of him but credit to the manager tonight forgetting his team selection and tactics spot on.

• Agree 2

A superb and well deserved win.  We dominated the midfield and won all the important battles.  Roberts played from the start and looked the part, if he can stay fit I think he will be a big asset to us for the remaining games in the season.

I wish we could play the Inverness select every week... 

Tremendous! Unfortunately I missed it as on last flight to Manchester, but delighted with the texts from my wife after I landed as 0-1 became 1-1, 2-1 and 3-1. I was on. Train and startled the other passengers when she text me that Tansey had scored: poetic justice!

hopefully a top six finish can be achieved!

• Agree 2

Wasn't expecting to win so easily, particularly when I heard Williams and Raven were out. Pleasantly surprised! 

Tremarco is really starting to look the part at left back, he won his battle with Logan pretty decisively tonight and showed great composure to see out most of the game on a yellow card. That's also now a goal and an assist in consecutive games. 

The midfield completely bossed the game and made Aberdeen look ordinary. Vigurs took his goal well, but also put in a great shift tracking back and closing down. Polworth had Shinnie in his back pocket. 

When it was all said and done Aberdeen simply gave up trying to play football against a technically superior team and resorted to playing for soft free kicks to hoof into our box. That was all they had in their locker. It's hard to fathom how they're so far up the table. Without Rooney's goals they'd be struggling to make the top 6. They're starting to remind of of Stuart McCall's Motherwell.  

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

...also a word for young boys - superb throughout and 10/10 for "sheep on fire" chant when that chimney puffed smoke all over the pitch! 

All of section E created a great atmosphere from start to finish, especially welcome when Aberdire got the first goal. The number of chants in the songbook is fairly growing. Good to see so many wee people at tonight's game - the mid-term school break came at just the right time. So many of them were looking longingly over to Section E like they can't wait till they are big enough to escape from the parents.

Great game. Great result.

• Agree 5

40 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

...also a word for young boys - superb throughout and 10/10 for "sheep on fire" chant when that chimney puffed smoke all over the pitch!

Also 'you burnt all the pies' to kiosk crew walking past 

Very entertaining game, build up play to penalty, Harlem globe trotters v pedestrians. 

We had something a little bit special last season with Marley, one of those players who never gives up and always has something to prove, I felt that's how the whole team played tonight. A very enjoyable 3 points.

• Agree 2

Big result.  It was nice to get a bit of luck with the referee's decisions for a change, but regardless of how much Aberdeen bleat (and they will bleat a lot) we were the better side.  It was a good team effort and we showed more desire to win throughout the park. We do so much better when we adopt a more "up and at em" approach and look to get forward.  Too often in the past when we get in the lead we tend to sit back and defend the lead.  Tonight we kept pressing forward and got a 3rd, after which Aberdeen wilted.  A great night's entertainment!

• Agree 2

Evening folks, and HOWDEN ENDER :)

First of all, totally deserved win, absolutely zero complaints about where the points deserved to go. Said before the game I wasn't looking forward to it and proved right. Big Yogi certainly has McInnes under his thumb, he seems to know how to set up against us. 

After we scored ICT literally bossed the game, literally. Was really impressed with the mix of short, sharp passing and the execution of the inch perfect long balls. Add to that the constant pressing and we simply did not have an answer. 

Can talk about the ref all we want, but the bottom line is, we were as bad as him. There is no way whatsoever that the penalty was actually a penalty, but that isn't why we lost the game, even if he correctly didn't give it, only one team was going to win tonight. 

If only ICT played with that conviction every other week, I have no doubt you would be up there with us. I hope it clicks consistently because I genuinely enjoy watching you play, a very tidy team.  

HOWDEN ENDER, you're either fishing and winding me up or you're actually an immature wee boy, cause I'd love for you to show me, of all my posts, in where I have been bitter? I have never been on here to offend anyone, and I don't think I have, I think I've been fairly honest and consistent with my posts. If you're fishing then kudos, if not, then I worry for you :) 

Anyway, good win and hopefully gives you the confidence to push on and up the table now. Take that level of performance in to the next game and do us a favour, please ;)

• Agree 14
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, DonInPeace said:

Evening folks, and HOWDEN ENDER :)

First of all, totally deserved win, absolutely zero complaints about where the points deserved to go. Said before the game I wasn't looking forward to it and proved right. Big Yogi certainly has McInnes under his thumb, he seems to know how to set up against us. 

After we scored ICT literally bossed the game, literally. Was really impressed with the mix of short, sharp passing and the execution of the inch perfect long balls. Add to that the constant pressing and we simply did not have an answer. 

Can talk about the ref all we want, but the bottom line is, we were as bad as him. There is no way whatsoever that the penalty was actually a penalty, but that isn't why we lost the game, even if he correctly didn't give it, only one team was going to win tonight. 

If only ICT played with that conviction every other week, I have no doubt you would be up there with us. I hope it clicks consistently because I genuinely enjoy watching you play, a very tidy team.  

HOWDEN ENDER, you're either fishing and winding me up or you're actually an immature wee boy, cause I'd love for you to show me, of all my posts, in where I have been bitter? I have never been on here to offend anyone, and I don't think I have, I think I've been fairly honest and consistent with my posts. If you're fishing then kudos, if not, then I worry for you :) 

Anyway, good win and hopefully gives you the confidence to push on and up the table now. Take that level of performance in to the next game and do us a favour, please ;)

A very sporting and fair post and although we were the better team and deserved to win on merit, tonight you were the victims of Collum's incompetence. You have my sympathy because it has often been us.

A tough ask for you now but I sincerely hope you only lose one more game this season and go on to give the whole of Scottish football a boost by winning te title. Who knows, we may even do you a favour by taking a point or three from Parkhead on Saturday...

• Agree 4

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned and unpinned this topic