Spaniard?

bigmack

He is available for free at the end of the season.

Has anyone made him an offer?

Has any other club made him an offer? I would imagine Hamilton might be quite keen to get him signed up for next season.

But that's one game. He needs to sustain that kind of form week in week out to get a place in our starting XI where, unfortunately for Juanjo, there are better players avilable to select.

Scoring one goal and getting man of the match in the First Division does not mean he is worth signing.

If that were the case, we'd never stop signing First Division players. If he was showing that he is a class above the rest in the First Division on a weekly basis then I would say sign him. I would say that about any player.

But handing out a contract for £25-£30k etc to someone based on past form, and not present capabilities is madness. Just ask Eddie Thompson.

Paul Hartley never exactly set the first division alight but look at him now! There are exceptions. I think if Juanjo wants to stay he should stay for pre-season try and earn a deal and if it doesn't happen he gets to go and sign for another club as he's out of contract anyway. Only thing that might ruin my idea is deadlines from other clubs and the budget available to our squad for next season.

Guest kingkojak

i reckon the wee guy just needs some regular first team action - lets save the verdicts until the end of the season..

But by all accounts he has been getting his fair share at Hamilton. I asked some Accies fans what they thought and these are the responses so far...

He's doing alright i think. He's a luxury, flair type player who, for his overall end product, isn't really worth us paying him a large enough wage to entice him to stay with us.

He's not a bad player, just one we can't really afford.

Not for me, one semi decent performance against the basement boys at home does not mask his total lack of effort otherwise. As has been said he is a luxury and i wont be too sad to see him leave.

I was under the impression that his Inverness Caley Thistle contract expires at the end of this season and he definitely wasn't going to get a new deal. A move to Hamilton would appear to suit him as his wife is from the area.

He's gradually got better and the rise in performances culminated with an excellent outing against Clyde last week and obviously his man of the match performance against Brechin.

I think he might be worth keeping and get the impression that Billy Reid is keen on doing so.

He has had a couple of decent games and is without doubt a very skillful player. He does however looked like he's unwilling to put in much effort in certain games. I dont think we'll keep him and i dont see why we took him on loan in the first place.

I have followed Juanjo's progress since he went out on loan and in all honesty I doubt he has it since his injury. He had one good game last week but throughout the rest of his period he hasn't shown Div1 potential, let alone SPL.

I know he wants to stay in scotland, for his family, but I cant honestly see any SPL teams taking him on.

Sorry, but as much as I loved the wee man, pre injury, I couldn't support bringing him back now.

Guest kingkojak

thats a shame for the wee man..... i keep a candle light for him - hopefully he can regain some form and make a return one day

• 2 weeks later...
Guest calaiscasual

A move to Hamilton would appear to suit him as his wife is from the area

:015: :015: :015:

i don't know who said this but having met his wife i don't think she's from hamilton. She has far too good a grasp of the english language to be from hamilton

Colours to the mast!

I think the wee man is/was marvellous so I hope he returns to his past level of ability at the Sneck or elsewhere. He deserves it - a wee gentleman.

Rig had two quotes from Hamilton, both using the word luxury, they must both be incomers, not much use for that word in Hamilton.