Fon Williams or Brill

Renegade

Fon Williams v Brill  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you retain?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Dean Brill
    • Release Both

OFW has been stand out over the last month or so. Not too much between them but I'd say OFW just shades it for me. Shame for Brill but that's football I suppose - he'll have no problem finding a new club if indeed OFW signs the contract he seems to have been offered. 

8 hours ago, caleydawson said:

It was Kenny Cameron who got brill to sign and how do we know that OFW was actually a yogi signing a lot of talk he hadn't actually signed that many of these players 

So if Cameron signed the majority of these players why is Yogi getting all the stick?

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

So if Cameron signed the majority of these players why is Yogi getting all the stick?

Cameron theoretically signs every player because paperwork needs signed by The Chairman! 

Any player that has signed since yogi started is his signing, it doesn't matter who found the player really.  He's the manager and gets the final say on the players surely.

I'd like to keep both keepers actually, a bit of competition for places would be great for the team next season.  Esson would be a good back up but would he ever be brought back into the team if there was a dip in form of our no.1? Probably not and most likely would only start if our regular was out injured.  That isn't going to keep anyone on their toes.

Keep Brill and OFW and have Esson as our goalkeeping coach.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

OFW will head off to the Euro's and accept a better offer from a club down south, leaving us to then try chase up with Brill who will have been snapped up by another SPFL club who see the opportunity in signing him regardless of his injury. That's how ICT seem to be working recently - procrastinate on the choices then end up with neither and some kind of inferior compromise.

16 hours ago, rocky1 said:

Cameron theoretically signs every player because paperwork needs signed by The Chairman! 

Contracts need only be signed by an official signatory of the club, not necessarily the chairman. 

After last season I was actually expecting Esson to be the 1st choice keeper and I would say last season was the best of his entire career.

-1? Scottish Cup, 3rd in the League. Can't recall Esson or ICT bettering that.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Disagree 1

Is Fon Williams in the Welsh squad for the game against Northern Ireland tonight?  On the BBC website I see that the Liverpool keeper Danny Ward is expected to make his debut for Wales.  Fon Williams has had a pretty decent season, so I wonder whether he will feel that being away from the English leagues is impacting on his chances of progress within the Welsh team, particularly in the lead up to Wales have reached a major finals for the first time in ages and with World Cup qualifiers looming. This might be a significant factor in deciding whether to accept a contact.

4 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Is Fon Williams in the Welsh squad for the game against Northern Ireland tonight?  On the BBC website I see that the Liverpool keeper Danny Ward is expected to make his debut for Wales.  Fon Williams has had a pretty decent season, so I wonder whether he will feel that being away from the English leagues is impacting on his chances of progress within the Welsh team, particularly in the lead up to Wales have reached a major finals for the first time in ages and with World Cup qualifiers looming. This might be a significant factor in deciding whether to accept a contact.

Don't see him being in Scotland rather than England is much of a factor, seeing as he made in debut for the Welsh squad whilst he has been under our books. 

I think he may even have a better chance of being noticed when in the SPL compared with league 1 or league 2 down south. 

On 22/03/2016 at 2:37 PM, Alex MacLeod said:

If we dont want to keep Brill why are we giving him development league time?

To not have OFW, our first choice, potentially get injured in a largely meaningless game?

You would obviously love to keep both as both fantastic goalkeepers. I would say it has to be OFW if we can only afford one, he for me is the better goalkeeper, and I'm basing that really on the past month where he has been superb in the sticks. Brill has to be considered too much of an injury risk now and I would like to see us bring in young goalkeeper that can develop under Esson as coach and OFW's tutelage as mentor.  

6 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Wales squad

Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Fon Williams (Inverness), Ward (Liverpool); A Williams (Swansea, capt), Chester (West Brom), Gunter (Reading), Matthews (Sunderland), Taylor (Swansea), Henley (Blackburn), Richards (Fulham), Davies (Tottenham), Vaughan (Nottingham Forest), Huws (Wigan), Allen (Liverpool), Ledley (Crystal Palace), MacDonald (Bournemouth), G Williams (Fulham), Isgrove (Southampton), Crofts (Brighton), J Williams (Crystal Palace), Cotterill (Birmingham), Robson-Kanu (Reading), Lawrence (Leicester), Church (MK Dons), Vokes (Burnley), Bradshaw (Walsall).

• Agree 2