MID WEEK - NAPS Competition - Week 28A

Gringo

Eight mid-week games gang, so, going to run the NAPS to make up the lost Week 21

Week 28A

NAPS.jpg

Edited by Gringo
Bet365 odds update - Dumbarton

It's obviously too late now but I don't always check here during the week until Thursday/Friday so didn't expect this midweek one ......... not sure I should lose 10 points when this isn't always a regular especially when only 5 people entered

Realised when I finished work last night that this had been put on.  I would have backed Elgin in the hope that they can move up a rung in the leagues,  which they actually did last night. Been losing points all year so no change there then.

• Gringo unpinned this topic
12 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

It's obviously too late now but I don't always check here during the week until Thursday/Friday so didn't expect this midweek one ......... not sure I should lose 10 points when this isn't always a regular especially when only 5 people entered

Hi MrCaleyjag, I understand the frustrations of missing out on these fixtures. They are not a regular occurrence as there are no mid-weeks fixtures in the calendar for these divisions. The mid-weeks only occur every so often when the postponed games are rearranged. Sometimes these rearranged fixtures can result in six or more games and it is only in these cases that I run the Competition in mid-week. I asked the question about these mid-weeks a while back to gauge opinion and most were in favour so I went with the majority. The minimum amount of games is six, so, as there were 9 last week and 8 this week I ran the contest to make up for the missing postponed weeks.

I am aware that not all competitors read the rules but it does state within them that we have to look out for them..."Postponed matches very often result in Mid-Week fixtures later on in the Season. The NAPS Competition can sometimes be run when there are enough matches – you will need to look out for these."

In an effort to avoid folk missing out I attempted to send a PM via CTO to advise all players but I'm not sure if this was received as there have been site issues lately. As it has turned out there were no winners in week 28A so we've all lost 10 points :-(

I sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy and play the NAPS.

Thanks for playing

Gringo

• Agree 1