John Hughes has to be sacked ASAP!!!

Guest Shaun

:yellowcard:This thread is now on a yellow card. When there are as many posts slagging off multiple posters in the thread as there are about the content - regardless of whether you agree with the point or not - then its in danger of being closed.

For what its worth, I disagree with the original poster, but he is most definitely entitled to his opinion. He and others are not however entitled to get personal. 

• Agree 1

This is a colossal week for us now. Losing to Hibs would be embarrassing and failing to beat the wee team on Saturday would be a very tough one to take. We need the three points and to put a dampener on their parade. Let's burst their party balloons and get a win. I'm glad JH went to the match yesterday. I really hope he can do it this week and get the players giving 100% in both matches from the kick off. I just hope we don't dilly dally about at the back, fail to get forward and end up having a solitary shot on target. C'mon ICTFC, let's do this - they're winnable matches. 

I'll finish on this quote from Pep Guardiola's biography:

"I hate tiki-taka. I always will. I want nothing more to do with tiki-taka. Tiki-taka is a load of ****, a made-up term. It means passing the ball for the sake of passing, with no real aim or aggression - nothing. I will not allow my brilliant players to fall for all that rubbish"

Edited by TopSix
  • Agree 8

23 hours ago, Laurence said:

Injuries are due to our style of play. ( Good English may be owing to our style of play )

If you dally on the ball and kick sideways the opposition know what you are up too and close you down. This means they catch you with heavy tackles. If you play Butcher style and get rid up field quickly defences don't press but retreat to cover the long pass. Hence you don't get caught with the ball . So I feel the style of our play is contributing to our many injuries.

Teams have got used to our style this season, last season they were taken by surprise, now they know we we won't punt up field they are on to us like a ton of bricks.

With regard to Hughes he has passed his sell by date.  Maybe not this season but he will eventually take us down. 

He took over from Butcher ( a dirty word ) but he inherited  a decent squad, That squad has started to disappear, and the replacements are not as good.   It can be seen at Newport too, which after Butcher with the new manager  has started to win games, true the new manager has turned them around, but the salient test it is the players Butcher left and sorted out. 

Some replacements like Tansey and  Fon Williams are good , but others are not.

Another point I would make is the tactics are poor. I will give one example.  We were winning one nil in the cup final, with a few minutes left. We got a free kick on the edge of the box, what did we do?.

We attacked, virtually all our players went up field  . Well you know what happened the free kick was cleared we had one man back, Falkirk broke on the counter, professional foul, resulted  and  we had a sending off.

Bad tactics in the extreme, never criticised because we got the win. It happens all the time. The team is not trained to shut the stable door.

Sorry for the diatribe, but I am fed up with the way the team are playing.

Dear god, what have ICT done to deserve supporters like Lawrence and Shaun. And by the way, it was not the last few minutes that Falkirk scored in the cup final, that was us Lawrence.

• Agree 3

47 minutes ago, TopSix said:

I'll finish on this quote from Pep Guardiola's biography:

"I hate tiki-taka. I always will. I want nothing more to do with tiki-taka. Tiki-taka is a load of ****, a made-up term. It means passing the ball for the sake of passing, with no real aim or aggression - nothing. I will not allow my brilliant players to fall for all that rubbish"

I love that! Pretty much my take on Caley Thistle right now.

9 hours ago, Laurence said:

I don't want to get into a row here, my perception is we should not press when one nil up, in a vital match.  This is only one example of poor tactics,  the barn door is left open time and time again.

What team have you been watching this season? The problem has been that when we go a goal up we sit back, almost as if our defence is sellotaped to the edge of the box and invite pressure.  Didn't you see that at Dens Park the other week?  Probably not....

Also your belief that Newport have Butcher to thank for their upturn in form is preposterous and laughable. 

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Last season showed that Hughes style of play definitely works and is exciting to watch but only with the right personnel. I agree with one of the comments that we lack pace and I think i have made the point that we really do miss Watkins. This season has been a problem with injuries and that has certainly played a major part in this season's inconsistencies. To sack him would be foolish at this stage of the season as has been said we have a chance to win the cup and be back in Europe.  

22 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Does anyone remember the good old days when their used to be a load of hype surrounding a Scottish Cup QF.

Not really!
To be honest, I wonder how many folk could instantly remember who we were playing in the quarter-finals last year?
There was barely a squeak in the build-up that match. (Raith...1-0..Daniel Devine...anybody...?!)

The previous season was a joke. We had Dundee United at home in the quarters and painfully, few people, including the team gave it enough credence - we lost 0-5 in a record home defeat.
But, it was of little consequence as we had far bigger fish-to-fry the following week. The League Cup Final. That, honestly was the narrative back then - and left me the most disillusioned I'd ever been as a fan. It was League Cup Final this, League Cup Final that...
And those same folk are the ones who now speak loudest about the League Cup being a diddy trophy!

41 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Does anyone remember the good old days when their used to be a load of hype surrounding a Scottish Cup QF.

I remember the good old days when there used to be a load of hype surrounding a Scottish Qualifying Cup QF where a win would get you into the first round of the real thing!

• Disagree 1

16 hours ago, oats said:
13 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Yip things were so much more enjoyable pre- merger.

Of course they were Johndo,

How on earth could the mere winning of the Scottish Cup in front of almost 40,000 fans at the National Stadium and a worldwide TV audience of millions possibly compare with a Caley v Clach Qualifying Cup final at Kingsmills in front of 2,500 ?

Actually, the Highland League days were great and will live in the memory forever but we are on an entirely different plane now.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Of course they were Johndo,

How on earth could the mere winning of the Scottish Cup in front of almost 40,000 fans at the National Stadium and a worldwide TV audience of millions possibly compare with a Caley v Clach Qualifying Cup final at Kingsmills in front of 2,500 ?

Actually, the Highland League days were great and will live in the memory forever but we are on an entirely different plane now.

These, what you might class as "smaller", victories from years gone by were celebrated by individuals with the same fervor as our Scottish Cup Victory.

The only difference was the number of people involved.

2 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

These, what you might class as "smaller", victories from years gone by were celebrated by individuals with the same fervor as our Scottish Cup Victory.

The only difference was the number of people involved.

Some of us were much younger and even less sensible than now and thus possibly celebrated with even more fervour !

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

If you followed Caley to Perth in the Scottish Cup you would have a comparison

Yes I was there that fantastic night but the only comparison you can make is that there is a support in Inverness that will come out when the occasion grabs them.  There were of course many Caley fans there that night but equally many who came were there to support their local side for the night.  

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Guest Shaun
12 hours ago, Fraz said:

You just knew who the OP was without looking, the real question is has he been able to find the TCS yet?

I like how the mod said that this thread is likely to get closed if dicks keep getting personal yet when this ridiculous post comes up, that said mod hasn't acted!! 

You mods don't give a **** do you or otherwise the dickhead who posted it would get told off.  What odds on it me getting banned yet this above poster doesn't meaning he can get rude to other posters!! 

Tbh,  I don't care because this forum is run by donkeys who don't care and is used by pricks who don't like it when their view isn't in agreement with theirs!! 

I used to like IHE and Caley D but even they, one who is a so-called mod can be rude to me. 

So mods,  ban me all you like,  I really don't f***ing care. 

This thread is pointless.

There is no chance he is getting the sack.

Also it seems to make fellow fans go against each other at a time when as a club, we need everyone from players, management, boardroom and most importantly the fans to be as one.

Also am still not convinced our pal the op isn't a sneaky staggie creating a wee bit of a stir. Hope am wrong.

Fwiw my opinion is Yogi gets at least until the end of the season to protect our top flight status and start anew next season

• tm4tj locked this topic