Divert now --you are on a dangerous course!

US Naval Ship named  H.M.S TULLOCH.

This is a radio conversationof a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland.

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15degrees to the north to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the captain of a US Navy ship.  I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No, I say again,you divert YOUR course.

Americans: This is the Aircraft Carrier US LINCOLN, the second largest ship in the United States Atlantic Fleet.

Canadians: And this is a lighthouse!

• Agree 3

IHE , be-littling Pimpernels puts you are on a dangerous course.  Even if your wit and printing  talents is/are impeccable and impish. 

That big ship- is heading the way of HMS Sneck so it's time to splice the mainbrace and get in that there fo'castle me old shipmate to avoid the looming peril.:clapoverhead:

12th Man--you got me there with "colregs" ---- which means.? :notworthy:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 14/03/2016 at 1:39 AM, Scarlet Pimple said:

IHE , be-littling Pimpernels puts you are on a dangerous course.  Even if your wit and printing  talents is/are impeccable and impish. 

That big ship- is heading the way of HMS Sneck so it's time to splice the mainbrace and get in that there fo'castle me old shipmate to avoid the looming peril.:clapoverhead:

12th Man--you got me there with "colregs" ---- which means.? :notworthy:

I'm a bit slow in replying Scarlet, 

Collision regulations at sea, who gives way to who.