Team for Hibs - SC QF replay

bdu98196

Fon Williams

Horner  Warren Devine Tremarco

Tansey     Draper

Storey      Roberts        D.Williams

Foran

If Storey hasn't recovered, put him on the bench to replace Foran in the 2nd half or vice-versa and start with Polly.

Vigurs was awful at the wknd so needs dropped and I'm convinced if we had more fit players he wouldn't get as much game time, big Hughes was fairly anonymous and struggled to hold up the ball or give us an edge upfront (although against a less physical Hibs team than Hamilton he may do better). Foran however was impressive the 20mins he played, really made a difference to the team, whether he is fit enough for a start I'm not sure

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Fon Williams

Horner  Warren Devine Tremarco

Tansey     Draper

Storey      Roberts        D.Williams

Foran

If Storey hasn't recovered, put him on the bench to replace Foran in the 2nd half or vice-versa and start with Polly.

Vigurs was awful at the wknd so needs dropped and I'm convinced if we had more fit players he wouldn't get as much game time, big Hughes was fairly anonymous and struggled to hold up the ball or give us an edge upfront (although against a less physical Hibs team than Hamilton he may do better). Foran however was impressive the 20mins he played, really made a difference to the team, whether he is fit enough for a start I'm not sure

What is this with posters that Vigurs was awful at the weekend. He wasn't and played okay.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

OFW

Horner Warren Devine Tremarco 

Roberts Draper Wedderburn Williams

Hughes

Storey

Similar shape to the second half of last season when we played Ofere and Watkins through the middle (I know it wasn't quite 4-4-2 but you get the idea)

Fon Williams

Warren Devine Tremarco

D.Williams  R.Williams Draper Polworth Roberts

Foran Storey

Subs - Esson, Vigurs, Hughes, Horner, Wedderburn, Brown, Mutombo*

* If Mutombo is out, MacLennan on the bench.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

Fon Williams

Warren Devine Tremarco

D.Williams  R.Williams Draper Polworth Roberts

Foran Storey

Subs - Esson, Vigurs, Hughes, Horner, Wedderburn, Brown, Mutombo*

* If Mutombo is out, MacLennan on the bench.

Going for gold against a diamond,

Will probably be 3 at the back for spells

Foran and Storey sounds good.

What struck me when I viewed the highlights (a big thank you to Manfer for getting them set up ) was the number of balls that were booted way over the bar. Surely JH has noticed this flaw and has been working on it at training? If not, he must be mad since some of the efforts , frankly , were rather ridiculous and a complete  waste of energy altogether. Even a wee lob into the goalmouth is far superior to a blooter a mile over the bar - every time.

Of course, I appreciate that playing against a packed defence like that was a difficult task but even if every ball hit the bar and rebounded then that's another chance to for the boys to score.

Also, it's easy to be critical when you are desperate to win but if you don't accent the positive then how are you going to motivate the team? Emotionally, it can't be  easy for them to try  as hard as they appear to have done and get beaten by one goal. Nervousness  and tension must have played a part and it sucks confidence out of any player when relegation is even whispered let alone discussed openly.

And talk of sacking John Hughes at this juncture is knee jerking at it's very worst.  Bloody madness, no less.This is the worst time to even consider it. The team has already been greatly disrupted by the loss of  players, injuries and newbies trying to find their feet so all that could result by taking such an  unwise step would be to generate utter chaos and probably relegation.

Get behind the team, I say, and  let's stop  dwelling on so much irritating negativity--please.

• Agree 1

Fon williams

horner.  Warren. Devine.  Tremarco

Polworth.  Draper

roberts.                           Williams

Foran.      Storey 

subs: Esson, meekings, mutumbo, R.williams, Hughes, wedderburn, vigurs 

cant see meekings being fit for 90 mins, hope Foran is fit or 70 mins at least to give storey a little support! Normally vigurs is rubbish but at the weekends was probably one of the better players however storey needs support and Foran showed he's up for it so I don't see why he can't play. If Foran isn't fit to start then I'd put vigurs beside draper and polworth behind storey.