Inverness CT -V- Hibernian

Scotty

11 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

That selection is shocking - how on earth can we. Have Polworth, Roberts and Williams on the bench. What formation is he playing out there ?

Agreed what a phukkup!

4 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

not looking good, don't know where a goal is going to come from

You never know, if there's about 4 hours of injury time, that might be long enough for enough for us to at least get 2 shots on target!

5 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

You never know, if there's about 4 hours of injury time, that might be long enough for enough for us to at least get 2 shots on target!

I think Hibs could get back on the coach and we would still struggle to get 2 shots on target

This has been coming for a while, if we play Foran up front you know a long ball is going to be played . I don't want to slag Foran or his style of play, that's just the way he plays, combative in the air but it's an easy style to defend against. If you cast your mind back to the time of his injury, it was after that the club started playing the passing game and we reaped the benefits winning the SC and coming 3rd. fact is we have lost our best players particularly the pace and bent runs of Watkins and the all round ability of Shinnie.We have also missed the control of Christie and the work rate of Doran. Not one shot on target by half time just follows the theme of previous matches, frankly, why Hughes is even on the park is a mystery with Roberts sitting on the bench. I hope for a comeback but frankly i think we are out.I'm more worried about our league position hope I'm wrong.

• Disagree 1

Martin Dowden

BBC Sport Scotland at the Caledonian Stadium

Posted at 20:33

"What a transformation in fortunes for Anthony Stokes. Two defensive blunders and all of a sudden the striker is chasing a hat-trick. The Scottish Cup holders look to be relinquishing their grip on the trophy."

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Well at least we fought for it but why were we in that position in the first place. we played more offensive players in the second half and i didnt hear hibs dominating we didnt we do that in the first half they were there for the taking and from hearing tremarco and hughes have missed sitters. Very disgruntled  

Out of Europe rather tamely at the first hurdle.

Knocked out of both cups by lower league opposition.

Getting embroiled in a relegation struggle with no form and no real strikers.

If I had a single-use time machine, it would be a toss-up between assassinating Hitler and going back to July so we could just restart this damn season.  :sad:

• Agree 2

Absolutely devastated to be out the cup, was salivating at the thought of another trip to Hampden. At least we went out with a fight. 

When you look at our injury list, we can't be too disappointed or surprised. Pretty much every player who was unavailable tonight would have started. We need to get these players back quickly to ensure we stay up.  

7 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

3 yards? -that's only 15 feet.?  OVER!???

Sorry, I'm just in disbelief. Same old, same old.

Watched him on Saturday, amazed he stayed on the park for 90 mins and others subbed.

Utterly hopeless and immobile, better in the HL........wait a minute, he played the full game again tonight.

Raises major questions over our management team and their ability to bring in players. Relegation battle ahead and fear the worst under this clown.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I think there has to come a time when the injury list has to stop being an excuse, yes our luck has been rotten this year with injuries, but the fact of the matter is Yogi simply has not recruited well enough, be that lack of support from the board or just poor recruitment I dont know but we really lack pace when storey isn't starting and some of the tactics have been just shocking at times..We are definitely on the verge of being involved in a relegation battle and should we escape this year I really worry for next year under the current management team if this year's recruitment is anything to go by! 

On a positive note at least Foran managed a start tonight!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic