The Holyrood Election thread

DoofersDad

5 hours ago, AlexJones said:

I find it odd that many SNP people value Independence and Self Determination so highly, yet maintain obsequious support for remaining in the EU, an institution which, at it's core, is anathema to both. Same goes for NATO. Some mental gymnastics at play there. 

We just want to be able to choose whether to be in or out of the EU  for ourselves, once we have seen what it would be like without Westminster ruling our roost and deciding what we are allowed to get out of it. The same goes for NATO. Not mental gymnastics, just choosing our future for ourselves, instead of Westminster dictating it for us. 

It's quite ironic that much of the reasons for the Brexiters wanting out of the EU are not much different to the reasons the pro-independence crowd want out of the Union......the inability to control our own immigration policy, the inability to control our own economy, the inability to  influence anything in Westminster, among other things. If we find it as bad in the EU as an independent Scotland,  with fewer compensations than irritations, we can get out of that treaty as well.

On 13 May 2016 at 11:35 PM, Charles Bannerman said:

There was a great bit of free cabaret in Morrisons this afternoon. As I was parking, I noticed, in the Parent and Child spaces, this beaten up old white Transit plastered with various stickers and with two flagpoles - one sporting a large lion rampant and the other a large saltire with "Yes2" inscribed on it.

I just wonder if they were filling their trolley at your expense and mine in order to spend the coming days and weeks, also at your expense and mine, visually polluting the front of the Scottish Parliament?

Having now read a report in the PandJ it seems more probable that they were stocking up for the equally sad and pointless pursuit of a weekend procession of flag flying Separatist vehicles making a bloody nuisance of themselves touring round the NC 500, which now has local businesses worrying that if any other groups of cranks and nutters latch on to this idea, it may adversely affect the tourist trade.

Appropriately, the photo caption refers to the separatist procession as proceeding along a section of the route called "Destitution Road"! 

So I see, post-election, and after a couple of conspicuous duffers obligingly jumped ship, the Scottish Nookie Party has been rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. The only surprise about Angela Constance is that she's been given another job, with John Swinney now becoming their latest attempt to make education work.

There must have been one or two fair bricking their Saltire branded MandS Y-fronts before that reshuffle!

However, the vital question remains unaltered - when are the SNP and their ministers actually going to start concentrating on running our services rather than continuing to obsess about their monolithic agenda and another referendum?

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Disagree 1

17 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

So I see, post-election, and after a couple of conspicuous duffers obligingly jumped ship, the Scottish Nookie Party has been rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. The only surprise about Angela Constance is that she's been given another job, with John Swinney now becoming their latest attempt to make education work.

There must have been one or two fair bricking their Saltire branded MandS Y-fronts before that reshuffle!

However, the vital question remains unaltered - when are the SNP and their ministers actually going to start concentrating on running our services rather than continuing to obsess about their monolithic agenda and another referendum?

Continuing to obsess..........for FS Charles the only person in the country who's obsessing is you.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Continuing to obsess..........for FS Charles the only person in the country who's obsessing is you.

Ah! I see! A further separation referendum by stealth is now no more of an issue than oil being worth less than Grand Theft Auto. Now would that perhaps be because the Bravehearters are all instead wired into their DVDs of the latest SNP Bonkbuster?

Free pair of MandS Y-front panty Hosiery with every pint of Scottish Bitter during this weekend's Gelluns Happy Hour?

1 hour ago, Alex MacLeod said:

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

All these extra-marital shenanigans in hotels......involving members of the "Yes! Yes!" campaign!

Maybe that was what the "Yes2" comedians I saw last Friday were all about... except in the back of a Transit. At a time when their bubble is deflating with increasing speed, it's all the more necessary to keep their a*ses to the fire which, like any form of contradiction or challenge, they DO not like. And that's not only because the true Scotsmen and women they think they are will feel the heat all the more intensely.:amazed:

Hang on a minute, do all these tales of Panty Hosiery's MandS Y-fronts not therefore reveal that the Deputy Leader isn't even a True Scotsman?:lol:

But to return to fires and holding Nationalist a*ses to them. Their electoral position, as shown a fortnight ago and despite all the hyperbole about "stunning victories", is now weaker than it was back in 2011. There has been yet another reshuffle in a desperate attempt to get to work the powers they shout about but which they neglect due to fixation with their singular obsession. And the 55, 54, 53 (???)..... continue to disgrace and embarrass the Scotland they claim to personify.

Edited by Charles Bannerman