Scotty

Some good posts today. From a lot of folks. 

Aging IHE put in a "steady the ship," restrained (for him) and thoughtful post and Always Blue responded with an equally restrained and non-belligerent, careful, "feeling the waters" smart reply. 

Goodness Gracious,  our posters might turn out to be alright  and that's only after one great game too.  :laugh: Amazing how the footie gets under your skin and  keeps you on the path of righteousness...eh?

Jeez! I'm just feeling so warm and fuzzy all of a sudden that I might  just let Charlie Bannerman give me  a hug when he next sees me in the flesh, 'cos I still can't quite understand all of his high-fallutin wordies, I'm afraid.

Chas ,do you eat Oxford English Dictionaries for supper perchance? The last time I said something similar to my wife's son's wife's father (he's a teacher too) and told him to come down to earth a bit he didn't cuddle me at all and now won't speak to me either. But I know Charles is of sterner stuff and I can get away with it--can't I Charlie?:notworthy:

Superb win with I think the best 90 mins performance all season.  Every player played their part and in particular Storey, Draper and Warren has excellent games.  Devine was also had a solid performance and made no mistakes - well done.

A special mention to the fans who came out in force and gave the team tremendous backing.

• Agree 3

21 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Can I propose the match report headline:

"Caley Jags reign on County's parade"  :laugh::ictscarf:

Yngwie is this weeks winner with his headline

http://caleythistleonline.com/index.html/reports-2015-16/ross-county-v-inverness-ct-report-r1362/

Should do this for every game, saves me having to think of one :smile:

Video now added from Caley Jags TV :smile:

• Agree 1

A hearty thank you to Manfer and his elfin helpers  who set up the HIGHLIGHTS reel on the ICT video channel . When Daddy P told me it was on the ICT  channel I fell over a chair to get to the computer. Now I've got bruised shins, a bruised ego but a great day out in sunny Dingwall under my belt. :notworthy:

And more to follow for  the future Highlights on the Reports as promised by that man of all seasons, tm4tj . What more could an ex-pat want?   What a lovely day, a lovely crowd turn-out and a heartening victory over a somewhat bemused County team. SSSH! but truth to tell they didn't seem to have a clue how to cope in that second half.

Now, if only we had been able to play like that against the Hibees, well.....that's another story for another day eh? :clapoverhead:

Unfortunately I didn't make the game, but after watching the highlights, while we played well, a defensive mistake gave Irvine a great chance but we got lucky and he missed, had he scored would it have been the same old ICT chase the game. We do better when teams come at us and we can sit in and try hit on the break, this is why taking the lead is so important, when we go behind or have to break teams down we lack that creativity or quality.

Great result and demonstration of commitment to get us back on winning ways, now to press on and pick up 6 points from the games against Motherwell & DUtd, maybe even a result against Hearts. Still not convinced by Yogi's tactics and line ups recently but vindicated in this case by the result that on Sat he got it right or it worked.

• Agree 1

I thought that Miles Storey had his best game in a long while last Saturday and that was playing on the wings which I have been quite dubious of in the last few games. 

Taking the goal aside, I just thought that Miles ran riot on the left hand side of the pitch and I actually felt that there was shades of Marley Watkins about him. I seriously hope we put all our efforts to sign him up on a permanent basis. 

• Agree 5

Absolutely delighted on Saturday and it hasn't worn off yet! We totally dumped on their party and their was no better way to do it. It must have been the worst trophy celebration ever. 

Anyway back to the game. What a performance from the boys, after Fon Williams early save and Irvine hitting the post we dominated! They barely looked like scoring where as we could've had 4 or 5. 

Glad to see polworth and storey back in the team, both had good games, both scored and what a goal storeys was. One disappointment was Liam Hughes...I'm sorry but he's sh*te. Everyone else was great! I must admit I'd rather see meekings at CB but Devine hasn't had a shocking season so I wasn't all that shocked to see him stay there! What a difference Tansey makes to the team and draper looked better with his partner back in the team! 

Was glad to see Ryan Williams get a run and he looked decent but still think the money on him and Hughes could've gone on a goal scorer! 

The only other disappointment of the day was some of the muppets that attended! They don't realise how much they ruin it for others. I was in the signing section and it was decent crack, (despite being stuck behind one or two bigger guys) signing and bouncing but again those boys letting off smoke bombs, starting on stewards, standing on chairs, shouting abuse at police (who were only doing their job) and abusing others was totally un-needed and stupid! And serves them right if they get punished! So I'm sorry if any of them are on here, but you's are idiots and make the club look like a joke. 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, DEANO96 said:

Absolutely delighted on Saturday and it hasn't worn off yet! We totally dumped on their party and their was no better way to do it. It must have been the worst trophy celebration ever. 

Anyway back to the game. What a performance from the boys, after Fon Williams early save and Irvine hitting the post we dominated! They barely looked like scoring where as we could've had 4 or 5. 

Glad to see polworth and storey back in the team, both had good games, both scored and what a goal storeys was. One disappointment was Liam Hughes...I'm sorry but he's sh*te. Everyone else was great! I must admit I'd rather see meekings at CB but Devine hasn't had a shocking season so I wasn't all that shocked to see him stay there! What a difference Tansey makes to the team and draper looked better with his partner back in the team! 

Was glad to see Ryan Williams get a run and he looked decent but still think the money on him and Hughes could've gone on a goal scorer! 

The only other disappointment of the day was some of the muppets that attended! They don't realise how much they ruin it for others. I was in the signing section and it was decent crack, (despite being stuck behind one or two bigger guys) signing and bouncing but again those boys letting off smoke bombs, starting on stewards, standing on chairs, shouting abuse at police (who were only doing their job) and abusing others was totally un-needed and stupid! And serves them right if they get punished! So I'm sorry if any of them are on here, but you's are idiots and make the club look like a joke. 

They don't make the club look a joke but they do make themselves look pathetic, immature and ridiculous. They have had enough warnings and personally, once the CCTV footage is reviewed, I hope that a few of them receive a knock on their doors. Vandalism and offensive behaviour would not be tolerated on the High Street or the Eastgate Centre, It shouldn't be tolerated in a football ground.

• Agree 10

2 hours ago, PerfICT said:

Am I right in saying there's been a welcome return of the Meekings long throw? A dangerous weapon that Hughes seemed to discard, but is back in favour for the more direct style?

Yes it was good to see and from Tremarco as well, it is great to read a lot of good comments for a change, I nearly didn't go to the game really glad I did it was a great afternoon out :smile: could not fault any of the team for their performance lets hope they will do the same from now till the end of the season.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, IBM said:

Yes it was good to see and from Tremarco as well, it is great to read a lot of good comments for a change, I nearly didn't go to the game really glad I did it was a great afternoon out :smile: could not fault any of the team for their performance lets hope they will do the same from now till the end of the season.

Agreed, the same form and, even more importantly, the same fighting and positive spirit.

Great to see Hughes abandon his non threatening negative tippy tappy philosophy and go right for the jugular again against County. There's nothing wrong with being direct and playing long balls so long as there is some kind of aim in mind when they are played (not like the garbage hoofball under Brewster).

I'm not a fan of Meekings at RB but I was pleased to see how often both he and Tremarco on the left were getting forward offering great support down the flanks and giving us a wee bit more width when the centre of the pitch got clogged up. Devine and Warren were solid at the back. I'm still not a fan of Devine but credit where it is due, I felt our defence handled the County attack with ease save for the couple of chances in the first few minutes and when Irvine broke through and should have scored. 

Tansey and Vigurs stamped their authority on the midfield, Vigurs maybe a little bit too much if you believe the County fans. Apparently he had a shocking challenge on Irvine but from where I was I couldn't see it and it's not been included with any of the highlights. Draper and Polworth were superb at getting forward to support (Liam) Hughes and Storey who caused the County defence all sorts of problems. Incredible to think that Polworth was a bit of a 'meh' player for us until this season. Aside from a wee drop off in form over Dec / Jan I think he's been a revelation this year. There's some great photos of him celebrating his goal in front of some utterly seething Ross County fans :laugh:

Despite what a couple of folk have said I thought Liam Hughes did fine. He was a real nuisance up front and won a lot of the high balls up to him and with excellent support from Storey buzzing around him and the likes of Draper and Polworth charging on from midfield he was getting the support he so sadly lacked at Saint Johnstone. He's a bit of an awkward player no doubt but he's been so isolated recently and it was good to see him get a bit of help from his team mates.

The goals were all very well taken. Wonderful counter attack for the first, bit of route one for the second but again a nice finish (with another quality celebration) and as for Storeys strike - what can you say? We don't get handballs given against us so I don't know why the County players even bothered trying to claim for it. A cracking strike.

Hopefully Hughes maintains this style of play. Folk slagged off Butcher for his long ball approach but I really don't think it was as bad as that. Sure it was direct but we created so many attacking chances from it and it's clearly a strength for us and we saw that on Saturday. We don't have the players to play the tiki taka stuff that Yogi likes so why force it on the team when they aren't capable of it? Play to our strengths and win more games. I know what I'd rather have and it's those kind of 3 - 0 wins every week going direct rather than toothless attacking displays characterised with boring sideways passing. It's a no brainer.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 7

I agree with what you say about Liam Hughes. It is fair to say that he has not exactly set the heather on fire but he did have his best game by far against County.

That was because the more direct and not to say more effective and entertaining style of play suits him far better as indeed it  does most  of our players.

Come on Yogi, you gave it every chance but time to admit that tippy tappy sideways football is not working and abandon it. Play in the style we did in Dinwall and not only will we steer clear of the play offs but top six is still distinctly possible.

5 hours ago, caleyboy said:

What a creepy looking crew of plonkers

Check out the various hand gestures. 

One finger salute,

2 finger salute,

Index finger salute,

2 finger and thumb salute,

4 fingers and thumb salute,

Thumbs up,

Thumbs up without thumb,

Pointing hand,

Pointing hand with no fingers.

Some are playing, scissors paper stone.

Some are playing thumbs up.

Musical chairs.

Best of all is, if your happy and you know it clap your hands.

Don't ask these people for directions.

IMG_20160322_080520.jpg.f46b1edc72aea6fb

18 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Check out the various hand gestures. 

One finger salute,

2 finger salute,

Index finger salute,

2 finger and thumb salute,

Thumbs up,

Thumbs up without thumb,

Pointing hand,

Pointing hand with no fingers.

So you trying to say County fans dont have 5 fingers lol

Edited by bdu98196

Do we have any pics of our own fans because their behaviour was similarly unacceptable. Principally some of the singing section.

There was much abusive chanting against the RC team and fans, Police and Stewards, release of smoke bombs, a small pitch invasion which would have been larger had the stewards not been ready for it. Jumping on seats was also observed. The foul-mouthed hate filled chanting against the opposing side should be replaced by pro ICT songs and chants.

I could see some small children 5/6yos and some children who appeared to be about 9 or 10. What kind of football education are they getting in amongst such hate filled abusive supporters who do no good for our club.

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 3

9 hours ago, neksor said:

Do we have any pics of our own fans because their behaviour was similarly unacceptable. Principally some of the singing section.

There was much abusive chanting against the RC team and fans, Police and Stewards, release of smoke bombs, a small pitch invasion which would have been larger had the stewards not been ready for it. Jumping on seats was also observed. The foul-mouthed hate filled chanting against the opposing side should be replaced by pro ICT songs and chants.

I could see some small children 5/6yos and some children who appeared to be about 9 or 10. What kind of football education are they getting in amongst such hate filled abusive supporters who do no good for our club.

Jumping on seats! What's the world coming to? Some right evil people out there. Monsters! 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

Jumping on seats! What's the world coming to? Some right evil people out there. Monsters! 

Jumping on plastic seats tends to break them. Damages someone else's property is vandalism. Vandalism is a crime. How would you like it if a guest in your house deliberately damaged your sofa ? Not funny and not clever.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic