Contracts

ForanFan

Seriously? Something has to be done about this clubs shocking contract policy. If we keep on letting our players leave for nothing or next to nothing and signing utter pish like Lopez, Wedderburn and Hughes we're going to end up in the championship in no time.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

It's the players choice to leave but Williams was certainly offered a contract, don't know about Vincent so obviously either went for more money or fancied a change. Not sure what the club could do about that. While Lopez was not a great signing, disagree about Wedderburn and way to early to make comments like this about Hughes. Some fans need to take a reality check at times over what the club can and cannot do. Power is in the players hands now.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 2

Wedderburn's been a bit of a mixed bag so far.  There's been games where he's been rather ineffective and others where he's been the best player on the park.  The Astra away tie for example he was excellent.  I'd offer him another year as I do feel there's something about him.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, CaleyAlly said:

Don't criticise any players on here you will have the red dot brigade after you, Wedderburn is easily one of the worst players i have seen play for us and i have no idea what hughes saw in him to sign him 

Exactly, Wedderburn has the turning circle of an articulated tank ffs, he's dreadful. And even if we haven't seen much of Hughes what we've seen is utter ****

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ForanFan said:

Exactly, Wedderburn has the turning circle of an articulated tank ffs, he's dreadful. And even if we haven't seen much of Hughes what we've seen is utter ****

If I had to make a choice I would take Wedderburn before Hughes at least he at times looks like a footballer 

I too want to see Raven being offered a new contract. One of our best players IMO. Also having been critical of Liam Hughes have to say he played much better against County. So there may be some hope here.

14 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

What bludy nonsence *nonsense* (now that's irony.....) 

So he hasn't been shocking since his first appearance at St J? He's been entirely ineffective.  Against Ross Co, however, where a more direct, less tika-taka approach was adopted by the team he had a standout performance! 

One of the hallmarks of our club over the years has been patience. How often have players been prematurely punted by other clubs only to flourish in Inverness? Lest we forget the mediocrity of the likes of Billy Mckay, Graeme Shinnie or Barry Robson in their debut seasons for us. Give these new guys a chance. Players come into their own when they're settled, happy and feeling at home.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

One of the hallmarks of our club over the years has been patience. How often have players been prematurely punted by other clubs only to flourish in Inverness? Lest we forget the mediocrity of the likes of Billy Mckay, Graeme Shinnie or Barry Robson in their debut seasons for us. Give these new guys a chance. Players come into their own when they're settled, happy and feeling at home.

I like Hughes. Didn't think he had much of a chance to do anything in the other games as there was nobody anywhere near him for him to knock the ball down to etc. And would like to see a bit more game time from Roberts...I wonder if he's still not fully fit?? Him and Mutumbo may be good value one year extensions? Their down time may keep them cheap enough....

Edited by ictfcsince94
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

So he hasn't been shocking since his first appearance at St J? He's been entirely ineffective.  Against Ross Co, however, where a more direct, less tika-taka approach was adopted by the team he had a standout performance! 

Remember he's a midfielder playing out of position. Also, we didn't exactly play tiki taka against Saint Johnstone. The key difference against County was that he was actually getting some support from midfielders who were pushing up to seize on his knock downs.

• Agree 1