Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

16 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

Aberdeen and Hearts allegedly after Miles Storey. Not sure we can compete financially with them, I'm afraid (BBC gossip).

I can see why he might be tempted. As well as the better money probably on offer both these teams have proper strikers on their books allowing him to play in his more natural wider role.

How does anyone know a contract wasn't discussed either informally (which is likely) or formally, Storey has an agent and between them its probable that they would have wanted to hold out until end of season and see if there were better offers or where he sits with his parent club. Its very easy now to start blaming Yogi or the board for everything but unless anyone has actual facts as to what happens in any of these cases as there are always 3 sides with football.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Alex MacLeod said:

My understanding is that Storey's contract with Swindon doesn't end till beginning September and that anyone trying to sign him will need to negotiate development compensation for the seven years he's been with them.

As per the Aberdeen article his contract expires at the end of June this year.

At least we put our money to good use elsewhere like giving Doran and Fisher a contract. Both players who have made so many appearances for the club this season. Much more deserving than people like Raven /s

Sack the Board.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

Aberdeens scouting manual is obviously just a copy of the Inverness-Aberdeen train timetable.

That's a ridiculous statement, there is no way tight Aberdonians will pay train fares when the Megabus is only £1

• Agree 9

He seemed to play particularly well against the Dons, but struggled to make the same impact against lesser teams. I suspect this signing is as much an attempt to weaken a tough opponent as it is to bolster them. Can see him spending alot of time on the bench.

Horner stays, Raven goes.........you couldn't really make it up.  Insult to injury on the day Storey signs for the Dismals. 

Hugely disappointing given the bullish statements made by the board only a few short days ago.

I could do without working in an office full of gloating Dandies today......:cry:

Edited by ymip
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

He seemed to play particularly well against the Dons, but struggled to make the same impact against lesser teams. I suspect this signing is as much an attempt to weaken a tough opponent as it is to bolster them. Can see him spending alot of time on the bench.

He scored one goal v Aberdeen. The rest of his goals, with the exception of one goal against Celtic, came against teams below them in the league (or 'lesser' teams). The kids only 22 or 23 and showed enormous promise in his first season up here. He might not start every week but I would be stunned if he is on the bench 'a lot of the time' given he can play up front or on the flanks.

To be honest it seems some ICT fans are going into "Ah well he wasn't that good anyway" mode when a player leaves them for another team.

It would appear that Swindon Town demanded a development fee for Miles Storey Inverness were informed

Aberdeen paid that to Swindion which was excess of £200,000 Inverness were not williing or were unable to match that money

• Agree 2

I see Horner as a young player who may come good, he isn't too bad coming forwards but need to improve a lot defensively, he's not at Raven standards and I feel Josh is wasted at RB but keeping Horner another year isn't the worst idea but this has to be a make or break season.

Doran although injured all season, we know he has the ability to create and open up defences - he's the type of offensive player we have missed this year so providing he will be fit its a worthwhile gamble - lets hope he doesn't end up crocked again like Foran/Hogg etc

Fisher, its an odd one as we haven't seen anything of him due to injury, he may be good enough at this level or maybe not, can only think after him being around the club for a while now Hughes likes his attitude and temperament seeing him fit into the squad dynamic.