Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

Interesting quotes from Yogi's pal John Collins today

"What he has done with average players, no support, no training ground, no sports science, no video analysis is incredible. If Inverness lose John Hughes then it will be a huge loss to them."

“John will be disappointed he’s lost one of his top players in Miles Storey but he lost them last season with the likes of Graeme Shinnie, Billy McKay, Ryan Christie and Marley Watkins all moving on. But he finds players, moulds them into his system and builds teams. He will do it again.

"How his name hasn’t been mentioned for the Celtic job I don’t know. "

4 minutes ago, Dargo20 said:

Interesting quotes from Yogi's pal John Collins today

"What he has done with average players, no support, no training ground, no sports science, no video analysis is incredible. If Inverness lose John Hughes then it will be a huge loss to them."

“John will be disappointed he’s lost one of his top players in Miles Storey but he lost them last season with the likes of Graeme Shinnie, Billy McKay, Ryan Christie and Marley Watkins all moving on. But he finds players, moulds them into his system and builds teams. He will do it again.

"How his name hasn’t been mentioned for the Celtic job I don’t know. "

John is going to find himself stuck up there if he climbs any further.

I do think that without the injuries we could have been looking at a very different finish to the season and Yogi has to get some of the credit for that with his style of play, BUT Yogi was not the man responsible for bringing most of these players to the club in the first place and lately especially he seems to be a man who can rub the board, players and fans up the wrong way with his antics. This cannot be good for the club, especially at this time when deals should be being done.

And just for the record I think it has been the 'average' players who have been 'incredible', they are my heroes.

Also a word for Dean Brill - a fantastic goalie for us until his injury, I'd be sorry to see him go.

• Agree 6

Yogis "best friend" also said we played "no football" before Yogi arrived, and apparently he now has us playing "total football".

If these views reflect those of Yogi himself, then the man is an absolute tool.

• Agree 5

22 hours ago, PerfICT said:

I wondered the same, RiG. County fans were raving about him when he first came, but he didn't get a sniff this season, except against Aberdeen on Sunday. Cultured left foot but absolutely no pace seems to be the verdict....bit like Ian Vigurs?

That'll be like ICT fans were raving about Lopez when he first came in

2 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Possibly but the first bit of business we need to do this close season is a two year deal for David Raven and I see no reason to wait for a new manager to be in place to get that done.

Maybe Raven has other offers on the table? 

6 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

Maybe so but he made it clear he wants to stay here ,

and the fans want him to stay . it's a No BRAINER !!

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

I wouldn't be surprised. An asset to any team. However surely something should be done ASAP to get him signed up with ourselves. The Board can step in without waiting for a new manager to be in place

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, izzy said:

Maybe so but he made it clear he wants to stay here ,

and the fans want him to stay . it's a No BRAINER !!

Totally agree but just stating that Raven may want to look elsewhere not just us anymore. 

32 minutes ago, Libero said:

Whilst I'd like to see Nicky Clark here i think he would be very much outwith our pay structure. Fear this is a non starter unfortunately

He will have to take a pay cut to play in the premiership. Probably will have to wherever he goes next anyways.

7 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

He will have to take a pay cut to play in the premiership. Probably will have to wherever he goes next anyways.

I cant remember where I heard it or how true it was but he was rumoured to have been on around £12,500 a week at one point at Rangers. Don't know how accurate that was but i don't think anyone in the premiership would even consider paying a quarter of that to sign him given that he is still relatively unproven in top leagues. 

I would imagine he would try he luck down South but I could be wrong

5 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Nicky law and templeton have just been released by Rangers. Two players I think would do a job for us. Whether we could afford them though is a different thing all together. 

Law, Templeton and Clark have all been released. 

All good players I reckon. Whilst they may be unattainable financially it's very much a case of if you don't ask you don't get. 

Would not be surprised if Aberdeen have a look. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

Law, Templeton and Clark have all been released. 

All good players I reckon. Whilst they may be unattainable financially it's very much a case of if you don't ask you don't get. 

Would not be surprised if Aberdeen have a look. 

Aberdeen will have a look... if sign them up and they're successful here!