Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

12 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

My brother in law says that ICT have been sneaking around Wigun again - not for McKay but possible season long loans for Matthew Hamilton and Adrian Purzycki.

What happened to this scouting target IHE.

images.jpg

The Daily Express is reporting that we're interested in Newport striker Scott Boden.  13 goals in 45 game for them while seems to have had a good return at Macclesfield (21 in 40).  Apparently he also came through Sheffield United's youth set-up.  Whether it's true or not, it certainly seems like the type of person we'd go for.

9 hours ago, ICTRoughi said:

I wonder if the Moroccan boy from Dunfermline is still up for grabs? 

Motherwell are rumoured to have offered him a deal but apparently he is back in France deciding what to do.

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

The Daily Express is reporting that we're interested in Newport striker Scott Boden.  13 goals in 45 game for them while seems to have had a good return at Macclesfield (21 in 40).  Apparently he also came through Sheffield United's youth set-up.  Whether it's true or not, it certainly seems like the type of person we'd go for.

A Terry Butcher signing last summer as well... so it's likely we might have been made aware of him by the scouting/agent network used pre-Yogi. 

Interesting to see that former ICT trialist John-Christophe Ayina was released by Newport this season as well...

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, RossP said:

A Terry Butcher signing last summer as well... so it's likely we might have been made aware of him by the scouting/agent network used pre-Yogi. 

Interesting to see that former ICT trialist John-Christophe Ayina was released by Newport this season as well...

One thing we do know about Terry Butcher, whatever his other faults, is he has good contacts and an eye for a player. The boy is at his prime and has a decent scoring record for a struggling team.

This looks like a sensible acquisition. Newport finished 3rd bottom and he still managed 13 goals in 45 games. Before anyone starts suggesting that this is a poor scoring record, it is worth noting that Miles Storey (who we'd have loved to have retained) had an almost identical record with us. Welcome Scott and well done Richie!

• Agree 1

I'm sure RF has spoken to Butcher about Boden and here's hoping his first signing is a good un. It will no doubt take him a wee while to settle in so let's be patient and give the lad a chance to become our new Billy Mac.

Makes me wonder if Butcher is aiding Foran with his recruitment, either way good signing! I'm sure he could bag us around 15 goals next season.

Good news indeed but I see from the club statement that it is actually only a two year contract with the club claiming to hold an option on a third year. I really don't know why we persist in doing that when such 'options' are not legally enforceable.

This signing is a break from the Hughes approach (and I don't just mean signing a recognised striker!) in that we are taking on a player, on a longish term deal too, without him having been up on trial and likely without anyone at the club having even seen him play.  A bit of a risk, but hopefully there has been at least one strong recommendation from a reliable source.  Butcher would surely have been involved somewhere in all this, and whilst he has no interest in helping ICT, I've no doubt that he wants Foran to succeed as a manager.

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

This signing is a break from the Hughes approach (and I don't just mean signing a recognised striker!) in that we are taking on a player, on a longish term deal too, without him having been up on trial and likely without anyone at the club having even seen him play.  A bit of a risk, but hopefully there has been at least one strong recommendation from a reliable source.  Butcher would surely have been involved somewhere in all this, and whilst he has no interest in helping ICT, I've no doubt that he wants Foran to succeed as a manager.

Every signing is 'a bit of a risk' but it makes a refreshing change from last year to get this piece of business concluded so efficiently and early in the close season so that the player gets a full pre season under his belt as an integral part of the squad.

Taken together with his undoubted role in retaining David Raven, a very promising start to the Richie Foran era.

• Agree 1