Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

Is that the player with the good pedigree who's on trial because he wants to play for us? 

I would recommend going to a Q&As session at the club as you pick up on quite a lot and I'm sure they would be glad to see some new faces there for the next one.

Sounds like it could be a good signing, but not sure where we'd fit him in in our back four. Certainly could do with a versatile defender given that we have no cover at the back, but would a play of his calibre accept being back-up? Not so sure. 

Even if someone can work it out (towards £100k?), what none of us know is how much of it might end up as a bonus for OFW himself. He was in a pretty strong position to negotiate on this point, and who could blame him.

2 hours ago, gingerjaggy said:

BTW now that Wales are out of the Euro's how much money have Caley earned from their run to the semi's

I'm probably wrong but I read somewhere that for every day that OFW is away from the Caley camp, ICT get roughly $6k. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

All figures are guesstimates.

You would have to know the exact figure being allocated to the tournament know what category of payment every single player was in and duration in tournament.

It has probably gone up a smidge with big earning players going out early though and the exchange rate but clubs get what they get.

If it was £50k it would be a welcome boost. If it was £25M we still wouldn't see much change on the park so the answer is probably irrelevant. 

Edited by 12th Man

8 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

I'm probably wrong but I read somewhere that for every day that OFW is away from the Caley camp, ICT get roughly $6k. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

I don't think you are far off the mark with that figure you quoted in US dollars.  I read somewhere that the total amount to be divied up amongst all the teams supplying players was likely to be about 115 million Euro (compared with c80 million Euro last time).  At our level that would make our share comfortably in excess of 5000 euro per day.  

Also, payments start 14 days before the start of the tournament and continue up to the day the team is knocked out.  I make that 40 days for OFW. So we could easily be getting 200,000 Euro. Even if we promised OFW half of that as an incentive to re sign just before the start of Euro 2016, it still looks like good business for us.

Don't suppose we will ever find out the exact figure, but it must be better than the proverbial 'slap in the face with a wet fish'.  Well done to OFW for re signing when he did.

25 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

I don't think you are far off the mark with that figure you quoted in US dollars.  I read somewhere that the total amount to be divied up amongst all the teams supplying players was likely to be about 115 million Euro (compared with c80 million Euro last time).  At our level that would make our share comfortably in excess of 5000 euro per day.  

Also, payments start 14 days before the start of the tournament and continue up to the day the team is knocked out.  I make that 40 days for OFW. So we could easily be getting 200,000 Euro. Even if we promised OFW half of that as an incentive to re sign just before the start of Euro 2016, it still looks like good business for us.

Don't suppose we will ever find out the exact figure, but it must be better than the proverbial 'slap in the face with a wet fish'.  Well done to OFW for re signing when he did.

That sounds about right. The figure is calculated and paid in Euros. One of the very few positives to come out of the recent 'Brexit' vote is that the club will receive about £20,000 more than they would have to the fall in value of the pound against the Euro.

From the P&J website : 

Caley Thistle ready to complete deal for Kevin McNaughton

Caley Thistle manager Richie Foran hopes to complete the signing of trialist defender Kevin McNaughton in the next 48 hours.

After playing in Inverness’ 1-1 friendly draw against Brora Rangers on Tuesday, former Aberdeen player McNaughton came off the bench in last night’s 3-0 win against Nairn County at Station Park.

McNaughton is a free agent after leaving newly-promoted English Cham-pionship side Wigan Athletic at the end of last season, with Foran planning talks with the former Scotland international today.

Foran is optimistic the Highlanders can reach an agreement with the 33-year-old, and said: “We’ll have a chat and see where we stand. Hopefully we can get something done because he’s a player I like and admire.

“He’s got the composure and experience we need. I want defenders with experience and we’ve got that with David Raven, Gary Warren, Josh Meekings and Carl Tremarco.

“Kevin will add to that and he’ll be looking to come here and start games – he won’t be happy on the bench. He’s going to be pushing the rest of the defenders for a place if we can get him.

“He’s the right type we want, personality-wise, and I think he’s quite keen to come as well. Hopefully that one can work out for us.”

Caley Jags won last night thanks to a goal from attacker Scott Boden and one from youngster Ali Sutherland., plus an own goal by Nairn’s Paul Macleod.

I have a funny feeling we will be bringing a loan signing in from Aberdeen... Cammy Smith and Peter Pawlett are both linked with loan deals to Championship teams (Dundee Utd and Hibs) and I reckon we'll sneak in.

Happy enough with that. Been a while since we had some wingers in the side so with King and Mulraney coming in to give us some width, something we desperately lacked at times last season, it's looking much more encouraging on the attacking side of things. Maybe we will not be as tough in the middle of the park as a result but hopefully we will see some entertaining games at the very least.

I'd still like to see another forward come in, we just have Boden I think, and perhaps another attacking midfielder. Defensively we are pretty sound.

• Agree 1

While still not a big fan of loan signings within the same division, he is a young speedy winger who also has a goal or two in him and is a very decent signing.

Strikes me that we now have a very solid first team squad better balanced than of late. Another striker would be the icing on the cake.