Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

4 minutes ago, BornCaley said:

Edinburgh evening news repirting the Bily King deal is all but confirmed.  He's out of contract at the end of the deall too.

So was Miles Storey, I seem to remember!  I suppose that means he'll be off to Aberdeen after a successful year with us then:sad:

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Not hugely keen on loan deals from clubs in the same division. Apart from anything else, there are three or four possibly vital league games a season where the player can't be used as well as potentially cup games.

Depends whats specifically written into the loan agreement alongside any recall clauses. My understanding is that the 'dont play against the loaner club' is typically a gentleman's agreement and not usually enforceable.

That Scotsman article has a few comments questioning his ability and attitude, especially after returning from Rangers. I did have to laugh however at the comment about "finding his level" .... last I heard, we were in the same division .....

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Not being able to play against the parent club forms part of SPFL regulations (or it did last season). 

Correct.  As per the rules at 19 January 2016:

67. During the term of a temporary transfer the Player concerned shall not Play against the transferor Club in a: (i) League Match; (ii) Play-Off Match; (iii) League Cup Match; (iv) match in the Challenge Cup; or (v) match in the Scottish Cup.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleagueasat19january2016_1461332495.pdf

Edited by ilpadrino
Added PDF link

OK. I stand corrected. thanks.

Must have been added recently then as I do recall instances where this happened in the not too distant past.  

Whilst I think Billy King is a good addition to the squad, as a fringe player at Hearts who struggled to get a start on loan in the Championship last season, he is not a signing expected 'to excite the fans and players alike' which makes me think there must be another signing in the pipeline.

20 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Whilst I think Billy King is a good addition to the squad, as a fringe player at Hearts who struggled to get a start on loan in the Championship last season, he is not a signing expected 'to excite the fans and players alike' which makes me think there must be another signing in the pipeline.

No but King Billy would :wink:

1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

Really dont find the idea of king billy or any of the other glasgow crap funny. One of the reasons i support caley thistle is to get away from that rubbish and enjoy songs about bridges and castles. 

I think you will find the reference refers to a certain Mr Mckay (with a small k !) and has nothing to do with sectarianism just like the very vast majority of our fans. Maybe time to lighten up just a little. The new season is just around the corner and we still have David Raven.....

19 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Looking like the squad is shaping up well with a good balance of positions.

I felt we took a step back last season with new recruits early on, now it looks like a step forward to compliment our current team.

I believe you are right in that.

When I first heard the King Billy reference yesterday right away I figured it was Mr Mckay. It's a good signing but there's always that niggling certainty that he will get snapped up by Aberdeen next season.... Just because they can really! Here's hoping though that this other signing Richie suggested will excite fans is still to come, King is an exciting prospect but only in the short term 

Scott Burns of the Daily Express has said that Kallum Higginbotham is set to leave Killie and will sign for us. A talented player but more often than not quite frustrating to watch as he often can't be arsed. Will be interesting to see what Foran can do with him should he sign.

Edited by RiG

Be good signings I reckon. 

Kevin Mcnaughton is an experienced player who was consistently solid at a high level for a decade. Can play both sides as full back. Makes me wonder if we'll still sign a centre half. As Tremarco and Draper can both play there. 

Billy King is a young player with promise who will be looking to prove himself. Our players are notoriously grounded and that might help him settle and showcase his talent. And if he enjoys it he might sign up at the end of his contract. 

I won't read too much into his inability to get in a bloated attack at Rangers last season. 

Well everybody was seeking a flurry of signings and strengthening of the squad - No complaints from me. Foran has clearly consider what positions need to be covered. He is clearly and understandably bargain basement shopping. He now has to blend the ingredients together. The proof is in the pudding which could take a bit of time to produce.

• Agree 1

I must say I'm very happy with our acquisitions this transfer window.  Nice blend of youth with the signings of Mulraney, Boden and now King, and now an experienced 'old head' in McNaughton to give cover for the defence.  Considering our 'bargain basement' budget, I've got a good feeling that things are going to work out just fine.  Can't wait.

• Agree 3

yup - would have to agree. its yet to be seen on the park, but it looks like a fairly solid set of signings as opposed to anything spectacular.