Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

1 hour ago, Downinthedumps said:

Richie quoted in papers today saying two players joining Monday and possibly another two by end of the week. :wink:

Impossible surely. All I've read about the morning is we have NO BUDGET!!! 

Our posters can't be wrong :lol:

8 hours ago, Renegade said:

Could be anyone, but I saw Lewis Horner sat in Starbucks the other day with a stocky black guy. Could be a friend of his of course...or possibly someone on trial...

00184430.jpg

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Renegade said:

Could be anyone, but I saw Lewis Horner sat in Starbucks the other day with a stocky black guy. Could be a friend of his of course...or possibly someone on trial...

Been doing a bit of sleuthing on this and I've decided it was a guy called Jamar Loza. Lewis Horner and Loza have recently started following each other on Twitter. Loza was released by Norwich this Summer after various short term loans. He's 22, described as a pacy winger/striker, been linked to a number of clubs in England's lower leagues and has even been capped by Jamaica. He is certainly the sort of player we would sign. One of those stupid career best bits in 3 minutes agent videos below.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Help is coming!!!!

Heard that already 2 or 3 times this summer..............starting to think its more a case of boy who cried wolf. Be convenient to keep talking this up to make it look like the club are trying and placate the fans before the window shuts and we miss out on all our targets. Sink or swim time for some of the youth players I think.

6 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Heard that already 2 or 3 times this summer..............starting to think its more a case of boy who cried wolf. Be convenient to keep talking this up to make it look like the club are trying and placate the fans before the window shuts and we miss out on all our targets. Sink or swim time for some of the youth players I think.

Managers say nothing and get slated for keeping fans in the dark.

Managers tell fans what's going on and are then accused of being liars.

:amazed:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

Managers say nothing and get slated for keeping fans in the dark.

Managers tell fans what's going on and are then accused of being liars.

:amazed:

To be fair we have been told there would be signings to excite the players and fans but as yet .........................

9 minutes ago, DALNEIGHCALEY said:

To be fair we have been told there would be signings to excite the players and fans but as yet .........................

The new manager is still finding his feet with regard to what and how much to share with the media and fans and when. I have no doubt that he and others are working hard to bring in players to improve both the starting XI and the squad. Give him a break.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

The new manager is still finding his feet with regard to what and how much to share with the media and fans and when. I have no doubt that he and others are working hard to bring in players to improve both the starting XI and the squad. Give him a break.

Nonsense.

If the manager says we will  sign 2 players today thats pretty definitive.

Where are they?

• Agree 2

Where has the manager said he was signing players and then they've not appeared?

He's said that he'd hoped to get signings done...which he's then said fell through.

At the weekend, he said he'd hoped to get players in (to look at) this week with a view to signing, but never heard him say we'd definitely be signing anyone.  I've not looked at coverage from the weekend, so it may be that has not been accurately reported.

• Disagree 1

End of the day, Richie Foran's job depends on results and he is not getting them (so far). If its in his power to get players in who can help deliver results then I am sure he will make every effort to do so but sometimes negotiations or agreements take longer than expoected or other things crop up. Depending on the finer points of the contract (pay as you play? or normal contract?) the injury to McNaughton may have added a significant wrinkle to his plans meaning he has to rejig what he can offer someone in one position (striker) as he now has to go looking for a defender ... whose agent will also know he is a bit more desperate and perhaps try to work a better deal for his client which is more expensive to ICT ... its not all a straight line ! 

I would rather he takes his time and gets the right person/people than just signs another 'Deano' (or Parratt or Thomson etc etc etc). 

What is more concerning to me is that players who were performing last year seem to have been under-performing so far. As IHE said in his match report, maybe Richie the player needs to be put away and Richie the angry fiery manager needs to come bursting out !