Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

Mad Gav, eh!  Interesting.  He's a pretty decent player but it would be a risk to take him on.  It's all right him picking up the ball and walking off the pitch when he's playing against us but I wouldn't want him repeating that if playing for us.  A bit injury prone too.  He's probably the sort of player that just needs the right manager to bring the best out of him.  Foran has had a rush of blood  or two to the head in the past so may be just the person to relate to Gunning and get the best out of him.

12 hours ago, RiG said:

Twitter seems to be going a bit nuts and suggesting Gavin Gunning is on trial with us. Please no!

The Sun now reporting he is indeed with us. Their description of Foran being "desperate" to bring in players seems apt.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

I seriously believe he would not have been a good signing, injury prone and getting too old. Fair enough if he was cheap as chips, but I doubt he was

He's 25.

All those saying he's a decent player, have you got that from seeing him play? My bother's a United fan and he was always moaning about him and how poor he was. He sent me a text at work saying he was on trial with us and it had loads of ha ha ha has on the end.

Not seen any of him apart from the Scottish Cup final, but Peter Grant at Falkirk was absolutely solid against us. He was athletic and put in some brilliant challenges, as well as taking his goal well. I'd have him as back-up any day. 

As for Gunning, he was pretty highly rated when he was younger, but was in a Dundee United side with an awful defence last season. Judging by reports, his personality wouldn't fit in with the culture at the club and Richie has stressed the importance of having players with the right attitude as well as footballing abilities. Saying that, desperate times call for desperate measures!

16 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

If Gunning is free why not take a risk on a 6 month contract with him. Is there better players out there without a club that we can afford? Just cover till Kevin is fit again

if his attitude stinks - as has been suggested - then that can be a lot more detrimental to the morale of the overall squad than perhaps making do with what we have already. I guess RF is in the best spot to make that judgement. 

Gunnning....a terrifying prospect! A very good chance that he could be a bad apple. I suppose it could work, but there is a significant risk. Let's see what happens. Sounds like the other trialist might have scored for U20s - hope?