Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

7 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Why we not going to play jason brown . I think hes good enough.

He needs to get game time and experience, neither of which he will get at ICT at the moment and it would not be good for his development to get thrown into the first team at present. A few months toughening up at Arbroath will do him the world of good.

14 hours ago, Huisdean said:

He needs to get game time and experience, neither of which he will get at ICT at the moment and it would not be good for his development to get thrown into the first team at present. A few months toughening up at Arbroath will do him the world of good.

l understand that he needs games and this will help his development but thought he might be needed with josh and kevin injuries. I believe ali and him have a real chance of making' it after seeing 4 preseason games.

Any opinion or how long it will take Aaron Doran to get back to first team level. ?

Two before wed http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/transfer-news-live-latest-rumours-8681061

5 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

l understand that he needs games and this will help his development but thought he might be needed with josh and kevin injuries. I believe ali and him have a real chance of making' it after seeing 4 preseason games.

Any opinion or how long it will take Aaron Doran to get back to first team level. ?

What Josh injury? Wasn't injured when he scored yesterday. Doran is also back and on bench. Who should we drop to allow him a start?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Two before wed http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/transfer-news-live-latest-rumours-8681061

What Josh injury? Wasn't injured when he scored yesterday. Doran is also back and on bench. Who should we drop to allow him a start?

Thought doran might be a natural number 10 once back and fully up to speed. That would then mean a rest for polworth or tansey with draper dropping back. 

After seeing draper and doombar yesterday sit in that position not so sure he would be better but would mean tansey and polworth could be 'rested' until form more consistent. 

As for josh his knee injury was still under revovery last week so central cover is very short.

On 19 May 2016 at 7:39 PM, 12th Man said:
On 18 May 2016 at 6:28 PM, AlexJones said:

Daily Record reporter Scott McDermoot reporting this on his twitter account

I'm hearing Killie, Accies and ICT are all interested in signing Morton striker @garyoliver7 before transfer window shuts...@Record_Sport

13 retweets6 likes

8 hours ago, Dargo20 said:
Daily Record reporter Scott McDermoot reporting this on his twitter account

I'm hearing Killie, Accies and ICT are all interested in signing Morton striker @garyoliver7 before transfer window shuts...@Record_Sport

13 retweets6 likes

I read that he signed a 2year deal in June but I'm sure Uncle Jim will give him good advice on what's best for his career. 

Don't think we need Gary Oliver considering we now have 3 strikers and generally play with 1 up top. He never managed to break into the Hearts team although he was highly rated, there was just too much competition for him. Interesting to see if we sign someone today with Richie saying on the weekend that we'd almost certainly get on over the line by Monday. 

Doran will take time to get back, he hasn't played this level for over a year and while he may be heading towards fitness, he still looks to be carrying some weight, but hopefully over the next few months as he does it will give a new dynamic to the midfield and introduce that creative spark that we are missing and neither Vigurs or Polworth can provide. The question is asked who plays/who is dropped, is all are fit the strongest midfield would line up like this

Draper Tansey

King Doran Mulraney

A proven goal scorer is necessary - in this league the difference between a 15 goal a season striker and not having one is fighting for top 4 or relegation, its that extreme. When Doumb came on he went onto the right wing, so he may not always be played as a CF and while both Boden & Fisher have performed ok this season, neither has made a case to be first choice or prominent starter as yet.

Poor defender with almost no positional sense and prone to errors. Massively underwhelmed by this but if he does sign hopefully Warren and Meekings stay fit.

Edited by RiG
  • Disagree 1