Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

12 minutes ago, Harry Chibber said:

Played in good company.. same youth squad that produced Pogba, Lingard, Ravel Morrison, Will Keane and Tunniclife .. so must have something. This could be a great wee signing 

If we keep a hold of Tansey and Meekings then this could be a very decent window 

told you there was money to spend!!!! 

Just a case of being patient, smart, focused and on good terms with other clubs/managers.. Something yogi simply wasnt 

Don't want to burst bubbles but this guy hasn't really played many games in 3 years joined Fulham and has only played 1 game says a lot really positive he played when on loan at Shrewsbury last season

• Disagree 2

36 minutes ago, us2 said:

Don't want to burst bubbles but this guy hasn't really played many games in 3 years joined Fulham and has only played 1 game says a lot really positive he played when on loan at Shrewsbury last season

We've been signing non league players up until now .. I'll happily take a young player with pedigree from a Championship team. 

No risk for us in a 6 month loan .. if it doesn't work out then he leaves at Christmas.

We needed some sort of signing to get kids interested in ICT again since they can't even buy a football strip! Imagine being in school and saying the guy ICT signed was in the same youth team as Pogba (the most expensive player in the world)... Will make them proud to say they support ICT .. I'm buzzing ffs! 

Fans deserve some hope and a reason to turn out to games. It's why I keep banging on about the importance of investment in the team .. It can pay for itself 

• Agree 11

1 minute ago, Harry Chibber said:

We've been signing non league players up until now .. I'll happily take a young player with pedigree from a Championship team. 

No risk for us in a 6 month loan .. if it doesn't work out then he leaves at Christmas.

We needed some sort of signing to get kids interested in ICT again since they can't even buy a football strip! Imagine being in school and saying the guy ICT signed was in the same youth team as Pogba (the most expensive player in the world)... Will make them proud to say they support ICT .. I'm buzzing ffs! 

Fans deserve some hope and a reason to turn out to games. It's why I keep banging on about the importance of investment in the team .. It can pay for itself 

Well said! 

Richie is known as a never-say-die very hard working player so I think he will have impressed quite a few interesting people in England over the past few years and, yes, he is smart enough and has enough humility to have been able to get along with people and make the right contacts in his past career. Certainly not backward at coming forward and people will trust him as far as his honesty of purpose goes.

And he also offers, in return, good training , hard work and valuable experience for the good young prospects too. Engaging in the rough and tumble of Scottish fitba will offer a new dimension to them about getting stuck in and working hard in order to progress.:clapping:

Think overall this is one of the most successful transfer markets we've had in the last few years, at least on paper. We already know Mulraney and King are exciting players, and it sounds like this Cole lad is in the same mold. Boden has been mixed, McNaughton would have been a good signing if it wasn't for the injury, and Brad McKay is a good young defender who is a good player to have as back-up. Certainly more successful than last summers transfer market! 

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, us2 said:

He moved to a Fulham side in the midst of a relegation dogfight in January 2014 where he made one appearance against Man Utd, then in February went on loan to MK Dons in League One til the end of the season but picked up an injury in April that put him out for more than a year. He spent last season on loan at Shrewsbury where he played around 30 times in League One. Considering many of the better players from the Scottish Premiership (Marley Watkins, Billy Mckay, Kane Hemmings, Marvin Johnson etc etc) are making moves to League One these days I think this is about as good as we could hope for. 

Phew. It makes a change for us not to have lost any of our key players at the end of the window.....and to have got a couple more in to strengthen the squad! I had a horrible feeling that Tansey or Meekings would suddenly be whisked away, but not this time! Right, now let's get on with the job and start getting the points that the quality of the squad deserves!

• Agree 2

Decent window. Richie has brought in players in the positions we the fans have been asking for. I remember when Hughes signed Vigurs and it seemed more of a convenience signing than a methodical signing, as a result we have 4 similar centre halves trying to squeeze into the team. Now we are looking a lot more balanced. Now it's whether the new signings are quality or not. If they are and the squad stay free of injury it could be an exciting season ahead. If not...a struggle awaits.

fairly good window. RF has (crucially) kept what we have and added players where we all agree we need some help. whether they are the right players only time will tell, but fairly positive about his signings so far.  no worldbeaters, but they all look solid enough on paper at least. 

Think it has been a good window. 

We have some raw  attacking pace and skill that needs coaching,  that are under 21 internationals. 

We have 3 recognised strikers doombar, fisher, boden. I believe boden has quality, fisher shows promise and doombar is an unknown who in ten minutes looks direct and physical. 

We have cover for every position and strong development potential. 

I thought i would be desperate for doran and polworth to play but actually enjoying king,mulreany , boden ,and danger drapes as attacking options. 

I will enjoy watching the individuals develop and really hope sutherland and brown make their breakthrough this year. 

As several posters have indicated, this has been one of our better 'windows'.  Really pleased that we managed to hold on to both Tansey and Draper.  Either one (or woe betide, both of them going) would have been really damaging to the team and the fans.  Great to see a young loanee in Cole agree to come north from a Championship side.  I hope it proves to be a success both for him and us.   As a midfielder though, who will he replace if he grabs a first team spot with us?  Vigurs?  A decision Ritchie will have to make very soon!  I'm not that excited about Brad MacKay, but I guess we need cover at the back if we won't see McNaughton again.  I actually thought Horner did well against St J, and no doubt Raven will be pushing hard to get back in the starting X1.

So all in all, I've regained some optimism for this season, with the good performance against St j, and what seems to have been not too bad a 'window'

Onwards and upwards.

While we have made a couple of good signings - King, McNaughton (although unfortunately now injured) the best business was the re-signing last season of many key players. When Yogi brought in a lot of unknown players last year he got lambasted for being unheard of and unproven unfortunately not many seemed to perform well - yet this season we are in a similar position regarding Boden, Cole, Mulraney and everyone seems positive and raving about the 'good window'?  So far we have seen Mulraney & Boden perform pre-season, just like Roberts last year in some ways yet done little else while Fisher looks promising - so for me the jury is still out. Having Doran is like a new player hopefully, but the lack of proven or experienced striker is a concern, last year the gamble on Storey worked but we have missed out on players going to our rivals that would have been assets.