Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

On 17/06/2016 at 10:09 AM, PerfICT said:

Higginbottom is an excellent player and just what we need behind the striker. I'd be surprised if we could get him because he should be in demand - would be fantastic if we managed this one!

He's an excellent player when he can be arsed. Thing is, he isn't consistent enough week in week out. There's a lot of talent there no doubt but a lot of the time he doesn't apply himself very well. If Richie could get him to somehow knuckle down and make him more consistent we'd have a cracking player but there's a reason why both Partick and Killie have let the guy go.

Jake Mulraney commented: “I’m very happy to sign and can’t wait to get going. I already know Aaron Doran and everyone else I’ve met so far has been great. It was interesting to see the fixtures come out today and I’m really looking forward to the new season.”

Seems Aaron has his contacts too... 

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

If they are to be overseas or even from the Republic of Ireland then they better be established internationals as, after last night's vote, they will soon need a work permit.

for 'soon' read two years!

Checking out the official ICT site, correct me if i'm wrong but including our 2 new signings we have a senior squad of 15 players!   feck me i'm getting concerned.

I hope Foran never got the position after promising the board he could cut budget and work with a reduced squad of players!

42 minutes ago, caley100 said:

Checking out the official ICT site, correct me if i'm wrong but including our 2 new signings we have a senior squad of 15 players!   feck me i'm getting concerned.

I hope Foran never got the position after promising the board he could cut budget and work with a reduced squad of players!

I am quite certain that he will have funds for at least three more senior players. I am equally certain that work is going on behind the scenes. We have a very competent and committed starting XI and the squad will be improved before the season starts. No need at all to panic.

1 hour ago, caley100 said:

You are wrong...it's 18. Jason Brown, Cammy Mackay and Ali Sutherland are all on pro contracts now.

Still more to come though.

• Agree 1

Yep squad of 18 including those who have stepped up, and Foran has been quoted as wanting a couple more in after Mulraney. 

"He will join up with the rest of the lads at the end of the month and we still hope to add a few more players in advance of that."

I'm quite sure they'll manage 2-3 signings over the next 2 months. We'll no doubt have our usual trialists. If anything for us to have 2 new signings before the end of June and the squad this full is relatively early. 

17 hours ago, caley100 said:

Those 15 include.

1 goalie who won the Scottish cup,1 goalie at the Euros, our strongest back 4 with Tansey and Drapes in front, a winger on each side, 2 strikers with Polworth and Vigurs behind and a back up winger/ defender.

Looks like an effective 15 instead of an ineffective 25, with the promise of more and youngsters stepping up to the plate. Glad I renewed my season ticket.

• Agree 5

On 6/25/2016 at 2:14 PM, 12th Man said:

Those 15 include.

1 goalie who won the Scottish cup,1 goalie at the Euros, our strongest back 4 with Tansey and Drapes in front, a winger on each side, 2 strikers with Polworth and Vigurs behind and a back up winger/ defender.

Looks like an effective 15 instead of an ineffective 25, with the promise of more and youngsters stepping up to the plate. Glad I renewed my season ticket.

Aye, but if we have an injury crisis like last season,  no defensive cover whatsoever?????  

A wealthy club would double up on positions and more. Must be hard to keep a happy dressing room if half the squad don't even make the bench.

Your right 15 would be a bit too cavalier, but would rather have 3 extra players with potential than 6 duffer's. Also have 3 youngsters joining the ranks.

5 hours ago, caley100 said:

Aye, but if we have an injury crisis like last season,  no defensive cover whatsoever?????  

Do what Heart of Midlothian did and declare a virus and get Spfl approval to postpone games until we can field a team until it goes away!!!!!!!

seriously we would need to sign temporary cover albeit the players may not be of the same quality but if you look at the cup winning season 18 players will be more than enough. 

I see David Templeton is a target for Raith Rovers.  Could we entice him to come up here?  Granted, he's had injuries problems and his career has taken a real downturn since signing for Rangers, but if he could come into some form he'd could be a great player for us I reckon.  Would be good to have a winger who's like lightning as well (presuming he still has it).

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Stuart Bannigan has signed a new two-year contract with Partick Thistle less than two weeks after the Glasgow club announced he had exited Firhill.

Bannigan was rumoured to be heading to Pittodrie. He was their main choice in January before they turned their attention to Tansey. I hope with this news that Bannigan has returned to Firhill that Aberdeen don't return for Greg.

Any word on that contract that was meant to have been offered to him?

Edited by RiG