Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

Having lived near Tynecastle for years I've seen a fair bit of Billy King. A very good player in my eyes. The Hearts fans were disappointing when he was loaned to Rangers as he was doing well in the first team. He has the ability to go past players but needs to add some end product to his game, something that he'll hopefully do with us. 

So far Foran has made some really promising signings, it would be nice to add another striker and possibly another defender as back up, but we're not far away. 

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, RiG said:

When his contract ends next summer a glorious reunion with the Scottish Cup Winners 2016/17 awaits.

.... And Betfred 2016/2017 champions too, smugly taking the cup back across the Kessock bridge 

20 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Five's not a quadruple!

Never said it was.  The previous poster said he'd never heard of a club winning a quadruple, I'm saying it has been done....and then they won one more!

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

Kallum Higginbotham has signed for Dunfermline. I hope we dropped our interest in him and he hasn't chosen Dunfermline over us.

Would be surprised if he chose a championship club over us, although he may not have fancied moving up north. 

I was quite excited about getting him in, he was well regarded at Partick and looked good every time I saw him play for Killi last season, bit surprised they let him go. Hope we're still on the lookout for new players and have something in the pipeline. 

54 minutes ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

Kallum Higginbotham has signed for Dunfermline. I hope we dropped our interest in him and he hasn't chosen Dunfermline over us.

I really don't care whether we dropped our interest in him or he didn't fancy us. The fact is he's not coming here. Time to move on and look elsewhere....perhaps after giving him a taste of what he's missing in the League Cup group match.

2 hours ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

Probably be a back up option if we didn't get Billy King 

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

I really don't care whether we dropped our interest in him or he didn't fancy us. The fact is he's not coming here. Time to move on and look elsewhere....perhaps after giving him a taste of what he's missing in the League Cup group match.

Spot on. Just like not caring about trying to re-sign Billy McKay.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Would Higginbotham have been a good signing?  Potentially yes.  Would I have been happy had we signed him?  Yes.  Is it possible he might continue his regular form of having a great game once in a blue moon, followed by weeks of invisibility?  Yes.  Am I disappointed we didn't sign him?  Not really.

I recall Higginbotham reading the writing on a big flag before taking a corner and kicking it straight to Shinnie on the edge of the box, Shinnie said thank you very much and was off up the park in no time whilst Higginbothams team mates were still in the box wondering what just happened.