Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

29 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Press and Journal suggesting today that we will make an offer for El Alagui.  Potentially a very good signing IF he can stay fit.

A bit of a risk signing a player of mature years who has recently been prone to injury and a risk that seems to have backfired in the case of Kevin McNaughton.

Nevertheless, given that we have not had an experienced forward since Ofere left, it's a risk I would be willing to take.

So not only do the Dons steal all our players, but they don't let us loan their fringe players. Anyways, it's good to see we're still in the market for a CF, I think Boden can do well with someone beside him but he's a bit lightweight and not athletic enough to be up top on his own. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

A bit of a risk signing a player of mature years who has recently been prone to injury and a risk that seems to have backfired in the case of Kevin McNaughton.

Nevertheless, given that we have not had an experienced forward since Ofere left, it's a risk I would be willing to take.

Don't think there was any risk in signing McNaughton based on his previous injuries (broken leg and hamstring injuries) as ruptured Achilles tendon could happen to any player.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, lightwelter said:

So not only do the Dons steal all our players, but they don't let us loan their fringe players. Anyways, it's good to see we're still in the market for a CF, I think Boden can do well with someone beside him but he's a bit lightweight and not athletic enough to be up top on his own. 

A bit of  ' dirty guts ' because we didn't let him have Greg Tansey when he wanted him.

Hope we show him two fingers when next he comes calling.

57 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

A bit of  ' dirty guts ' because we didn't let him have Greg Tansey when he wanted him.

Hope we show him two fingers when next he comes calling.

Personally, I would prefer to raise both hands and all ten fingers in celebration once we beat the Dons yet again.

Kevin McNaughton's Achilles injury means Inverness CT may have to divert resources into finding defensive cover instead of manager Richie Foran being able to sign striker Farid El Alagui. (Sun)

Lets hope this is nothing more than Sun speculation, not sure if El Alagui is the solution or the same player he was a few years back but if theres not much else available in our budget or interested then its a gamble we may need to take.

I'd still like to see us go after Tony Andreu though

This is feckin scary, If we are in a situation where we are struggling to add one more player in for cover, does it mean Richie's budget is used up and our wee biscuit tin is empty?

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Or does it simply mean that journalists are speculating in the absence of any actual information ?

Or it may mean journalists have info that we don't. Either way its a worry that we should even be speculating on this issue when the manager looks like having the smallest squad in SPFL history.

• Agree 1

Given last season we had Raven, Warren, Meekings, Draper, Tansey as key players all tie into long term deals its not inconceivable that these guys asked for more money along with keeping OFW - which raises our core wage bill. After paying out extra wages last year due to injuries, plus the payoff to Hughes, we paid a loan fee for Storey - add to that without having a cup final, top 6 finish and no increase in footfall through the door its not a surprise if our biscuit tin is down to crumbs.

16 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Kevin McNaughton's Achilles injury means Inverness CT may have to divert resources into finding defensive cover instead of manager Richie Foran being able to sign striker Farid El Alagui. (Sun)

Lets hope this is nothing more than Sun speculation, not sure if El Alagui is the solution or the same player he was a few years back but if theres not much else available in our budget or interested then its a gamble we may need to take.

I'd still like to see us go after Tony Andreu though

I think either Farid wants more money than we can afford to give or he's being let down gently and the search for players goes on.

Every week passing will make signing more difficult. Trying to persuade a player to join a loosing team who will be fighting relegation (or looks that way), at a club with a low support and in a location that doesnt appeal to all is going to be a significant challenge - Shinnie to Hibs (although he may never have been interested in us again) as an example, Hibs is an easy sell - winning team, fighting for a title (even if it is a lower level), big corwds, vibrant city life, players getting international call ups from that club - certainly makes recruitment easier IMO. Richie is going to have some hard work to do on recruitment now.

3 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Every week passing will make signing more difficult. Trying to persuade a player to join a loosing team who will be fighting relegation (or looks that way), at a club with a low support and in a location that doesnt appeal to all is going to be a significant challenge - Shinnie to Hibs (although he may never have been interested in us again) as an example, Hibs is an easy sell - winning team, fighting for a title (even if it is a lower level), big corwds, vibrant city life, players getting international call ups from that club - certainly makes recruitment easier IMO. Richie is going to have some hard work to do on recruitment now.

and by the same token, players who are guaranteed a start here, may well be 'happy' to sit on the bench at a winning team, and pick up a little extra money to boot, i.e tansey, draper and meekings