Summer Transfer Window Thread

ICTRoughi

18 hours ago, Ten4 said:

Paddy McCourt has been released by Luton. Has he got anything to offer?

Having requested a release from his contract at Luton to return to Northern Ireland due to family problems I hardly think he'll be likely to come to Inverness

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

23 hours ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

Law, Templeton and Clark have all been released.

All good players I reckon. Whilst they may be unattainable financially it's very much a case of if you don't ask you don't get.

Would not be surprised if Aberdeen have a look.

All would more likely be at the top end of our budget even if they were interested.

Wouldn't take Law as we have enough in his position, Clark would likely get around 10-15 goals max but IMO wouldn't be a reflection on his wage demands so not viable, we need someone who'll score more and Templeton, if he could recreate his Hearts form, then definately however with his injury record I would stay clear - we all know the effects of injuries all too well.

Apparently Lawless, Bannigan and Slater (ex of Killie) are heading to Pittodrie. Would liked to have seen Lawless at ICT but if Aberdeen really are interested we would struggle to match the wages on offer but he'd probably have more of a chance of playing most weeks with us.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Apparently Lawless, Bannigan and Slater (ex of Killie) are heading to Pittodrie. Would liked to have seen Lawless at ICT but if Aberdeen really are interested we would struggle to match the wages on offer but he'd probably have more of a chance of playing most weeks with us.

Jeez - when Googling 'ideal squad size for a football team' has Derek McInnes accidentally typed 'American Football team'?

8 hours ago, DalgetyBayJaggy said:

Jeez - when Googling 'ideal squad size for a football team' has Derek McInnes accidentally typed 'American Football team'?

Either that or his transfer policy is completely reliant on Inverness. 

• Agree 1

I was over in Northern Ireland last year and saw quite a few games.some of the guys I seen were well ahead and above poundland standard yes i know about Murray who was over i think on trial dont know if he got a fair chance but i think he plays for cliftonville or glenavon and i seen him play and i was quite impressed with his

performance if i got it wrong who he plays for im sure ill be put right .maybe by Hiro I think he comes from that neck of the woods somebody famously said now that im here i can afford to buy my biscuits in marks and sparks rather than Lidls  so.what im saying IMHO who cares where you buy the product as long as were happy with what we get and helps us move on and up. Caley Thistle will always be ours .

Well we won't be signing Steven Lawless.  He's just signed a new deal at Partick.  Looks like we've missed out on Tafazolli as well as it looks like he's going to be offered a deal by Peterborough, who I'm sure can offer far more money than we can.

• Disagree 1

Looks like Ryan Williams set to be offered a new contract. I personally have always thought he looked like a quick and potentially good addition to the team but for whatever reason yogi would never play him. Worth keeping? 

14 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Looks like Ryan Williams set to be offered a new contract. I personally have always thought he looked like a quick and potentially good addition to the team but for whatever reason yogi would never play him. Worth keeping? 

Always thought he looked like he might have something about him. One of the tricky, agile players with a low center of gravity allowing him to get passed opponents. Unsure why Yogi signed him as he was never given much game time, but Foran must see something in him. 

• Agree 1

Yeh I mind watching the warm ups, and during the lay off and shoot exercise with Kellacher Ryan Williams scored all 4 of his shots with great movement power and accuracy, and Storey missed all 4 of his. At that point I was baffled as to why Ryan wasnt getting more of a chance on the field 

59 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

All managers have different opinions and it doesn't mean he was a bad player just because Yogi didn't play him.

Yeah, strange though that HE signed him yet continually played Hughes even though he was utterly hopeless 

Wigan Athletic have announced that four players will leave the club when their contracts expire during the summer.

The League One champions have confirmed Leon Barnett, Ryan Jennings, Kevin McNaughton and Reece Wabara will be allowed to exit.

Midfielders Chris McCann and Jordan Flores are offered new deals.

Emyr Huws, Jack Hendry, Billy Mckay, Andrew Taylor, Dan Lavercombe and Danny Whitehead have all been out on loan but will return for pre-season.

2 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Wigan Athletic have announced that four players will leave the club when their contracts expire during the summer.

The League One champions have confirmed Leon Barnett, Ryan Jennings, Kevin McNaughton and Reece Wabara will be allowed to exit.

Midfielders Chris McCann and Jordan Flores are offered new deals.

Emyr Huws, Jack Hendry, Billy Mckay, Andrew Taylor, Dan Lavercombe and Danny Whitehead have all been out on loan but will return for pre-season.

Wonder if Kevin McNaughton could do us a turn, providing his wage demands aren't too much.

Edited by Renegade

6 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Yeh I mind watching the warm ups, and during the lay off and shoot exercise with Kellacher Ryan Williams scored all 4 of his shots with great movement power and accuracy, and Storey missed all 4 of his. At that point I was baffled as to why Ryan wasnt getting more of a chance on the field 

Thought: If Ryan Williams were to agree to a new contract, could he play up front? We seriously lack in other options currently (apart from Fisher) and he seems to have good technical ability

Edit: missing word 

Edited by LuluCaley

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

My brother in law says that ICT have been sneaking around Wigun again - not for McKay but possible season long loans for Matthew Hamilton and Adrian Purzycki.

Both of those players have been released by Wigan last week 

• Agree 1