Inverness CT -V- Motherwell

Scotty

I'd say top six is not likely to happen, even if we could win both games. Dundee will probably lose to Celtic on Tuesday but home to Hamilton on saturday I'd expect them to win. I'd also expect County to win at home to Partick. Partick are also still in the mix for that sixth place spot. They've got United on Tuesday before travelling to County. With seven games to go we need to take all the points from United and Killie to guarantee safety. Its all to fight for but I think we'll be ok. 

just watched the 2 minutes of highlights on bbc ( that sums up yesterdays borefest for me) didn't see it from the north stand but if Williams leave the mishit shot warren heads the ball clear.

how many times this year have we lost goals due to lack of communication. either the players are not talking to each other or someone is not listening.

my memory not the best but devines weak header to stokes with tremarco ready to head clear in cup replay, yesterday, devine and tremarco I think again earlier  in season.

I cant share the optimism of some on here. I think du are on a roll and can see them winning all their games after the split and will probably beat us next week. why - strikers

cant see where goals are coming from for us. one striker in the team playing left wing. amazing

• Agree 1

Some ridiculous postings on this. This was a game we did not deserve to lose but defensive errors have cost us again. Cannot agree that we were as poor as some posters suggest as Motherwell came here for a point and showed very little attacking intent all game. Only one team wanted to win the game. Tremarco was MOM for me by a mile with Vigurs playing well too .I also thought Storey did okay in the first half on the wing as was getting by the defender to get crosses in.

One thing that is apparent is that when we do up the tempo in games, we play much better and JH has alluded to this in his post match comments. As someone has already said, let's tie up our place in the top league and plan for next season as it will be much more difficult with Rangers coming back up. While a lot of criticism has been aimed at JH (and rightly so), some of this needs to be directed at the board as, in my opinion, they need to be more proactive in matters and I do sometimes wonder if they are just to afraid and cautious at times and cannot take the club up a level.

Huisdean, You may claim some of the previous postings have been ridiculous, but your closing comment above is also just that - ridiculous!
There is no 'next level' for this club. The absolute pinnacle was reached last season - it's never likely going to be achieved again! It was a one-off.
Scottish Cup Winners and 3rd in the League plus European football. And we're damn lucky to have been around to see it!
"...take the club up a level..."
Get real.

• Agree 4

7 hours ago, Huisdean said:

While a lot of criticism has been aimed at JH (and rightly so), some of this needs to be directed at the board as, in my opinion, they need to be more proactive in matters and I do sometimes wonder if they are just to afraid and cautious at times and cannot take the club up a level.

Throwing caution to the wind chasing a dream results in what happened at Gretna Bankruptcy and playing amateur football. In 21years ICTFC has made a profit on less than 6 occasions so perhaps you could go onto the board and wave that magic wand to allow the funding of a dream everybody would love . Doubt the board wants to struggle like we have this year either! 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, rocky1 said:

Throwing caution to the wind chasing a dream results in what happened at Gretna Bankruptcy and playing amateur football. In 21years ICTFC has made a profit on less than 6 occasions so perhaps you could go onto the board and wave that magic wand to allow the funding of a dream everybody would love . Doubt the board wants to struggle like we have this year either! 

Don't think we can ever be accused of throwing caution to the wind.

Why should winning the Scottish Cup and finishing 3rd be looked upon as a one off, we are an estabilshed SPFL team.   

• Agree 1

We are, but we remain in danger this season. 

Even if we win the next two games, top six looks a goner given County play Partick. We need a draw there and Dundee to lose at Hamilton, so very unlikely.

After that, we have 5 games against teams we have largely struggled against, so I have my fingers crossed that the positive team appears, and we get the results we know we can get if we fulfill our potential.

4 minutes ago, Robert said:

We are, but we remain in danger this season. 

Even if we win the next two games, top six looks a goner given County play Partick. We need a draw there and Dundee to lose at Hamilton, so very unlikely.

After that, we have 5 games against teams we have largely struggled against, so I have my fingers crossed that the positive team appears, and we get the results we know we can get if we fulfill our potential.

This is an important point. We have the second worst record of the bottom six teams against sides in the bottom half of the league. Only Kilmarnock have fared worse.

Sadly couldn't make it to the match due to an unfortunate incident on Friday and the hospital wouldn't let me out to attend the game..:thumbdown: needless to say it's harder to post with only 9 fingers...

from what I saw on Beeb highlights and heard on here and tw@tter it seems like the same old same old. And irony that we were chasing the 3 points and actually came away with nothing! Definitely frustrating! 

Looking at some of the other posts on here - we shouldn't expect the highs of last season every year, and whilst is is unlikely, we are doing ourselves a dis-service to say that it's a one-off! Clearly, survival and a decent cup run is the target for the team, and we have more or less achieved that this year, some more positive thinkin from fans, board, manager and players alike wouldn't go wrong! It's been an open league this year and really, a few points here or there could have cemented us in top six, looking towards top 3 again. And without European football next season, our budget may creap up a wee bit again....

perhaps the Youth Team decided to stay away after the widespread and completely unnecessary derision they got from some of the 'older' eejits on here who slagged them off for their excellent performance in Dingwall.

in a way, happy that tonight's game is postponed...a week to prepare for the more important Dundee Utd game might prove to be important, and I might be able to clap again by the time the replay comes around.....:laugh:

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic