David Raven

ed

What is happening with him?  Is he on his way out?  Will he be offered a new contract?  Why is he not playing?  Why is John Hughes not playing one of our most consistent players?  He would have made a tremendous difference on Saturday and many other games he was left out of.  I along with many fans want a new contract for Raven, and he has publicly stated that he wants one.   If we are going to let a solid, consistent, loyal player who is extremely popular with the fans leave then I am seriously considering taking my money elsewhere next season and finding a new hobby on a Saturday.

Raven must stay!!!

• Agree 3

Couldn't agree more. In my opinion he is now our best player with Shinnie gone. I appreciate he may have a foot injury at the moment and be a couple of weeks off a comeback however we should be signing him up on a three year contract. We will be struggling enough at the start of next season as it is. This is one position we should have sorted.

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, ed said:

What is happening with him?  Is he on his way out?  Will he be offered a new contract?  Why is he not playing?  Why is John Hughes not playing one of our most consistent players?  He would have made a tremendous difference on Saturday and many other games he was left out of.  I along with many fans want a new contract for Raven, and he has publicly stated that he wants one.   If we are going to let a solid, consistent, loyal player who is extremely popular with the fans leave then I am seriously considering taking my money elsewhere next season and finding a new hobby on a Saturday.

Raven must stay!!!

You are not alone in your thinking !!! He was there on Sat I saw him outside with his beautiful little girl .

• Agree 2

Given that JH seems to find it almost impossible to recruit quality players to the club I find it surprising and disappointing that he is not prioritising the resigning of a very reliable and versatile defender who is already here and who has gone on record as wanting to commit his future to us. Ifind it even more disturbing and surprising that he is not starting at a time when we are leaking the soft sort of goals we seldom do when he is playing.

I hope that rumours of a falling out with the manager are not true but if they are I know which one I would rather stay....

• Agree 6

Raven has been one of the first names on the teamsheet since he signed and is undoubtedly one of the most solid, reliable players in the squad.  He was offered a deal last season (very late as I recall) and was only offered a year despite saying he wanted it to be longer.  This season he's says again he wants a new deal yet seemingly has yet to be offered anything and referred was very scathing of the negotiations that took place last year.  To me it sounds like things behind the scenes are in no way fine and dandy.

• Agree 2

Full-back David Raven is nearing a comeback, but Greg Tansey is suspended and Aaron Doran, Dean Brill and Alex Fisher remain on the sidelines.

That's how the BBC reported it in their preview on Friday. No mention of falling out with anyone.

Wouldn't surprise me if Raven went to County the way he appears to be being treated here.  They have been shipping goals badly this season.  I think he would suit their style of play.  That would be a real sickener.   Hughes, Cameron - get this fine young player signed up ASAP.  

• Agree 2

I can only think there has been a falling out. I mentioned an incident in the Stirling cup game ,we had just scored and Hughes dragged Raven all the way across the pitch to give him an earful. Am I right in thinking he was a stand in captain for a couple of games, he may have stuck up for a few players or voiced an opinion either way a fans player, If injured hope he gets well soon we need him, if a falling out for voicing an opinion lets get on with it we need leaders on the park leaders off the park seem to have lost the place.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Currently injured, but hopefully not far from a return according to Yogi at press conference today.

Aye, but will he play him when he returns or stick him on the bench?  That is what he was doing when he was fully fit, so i'm not hopeful.  

*Awaits happy clappy response*

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, bigman said:

I can only think there has been a falling out. I mentioned an incident in the Stirling cup game ,we had just scored and Hughes dragged Raven all the way across the pitch to give him an earful. Am I right in thinking he was a stand in captain for a couple of games, he may have stuck up for a few players or voiced an opinion either way a fans player, If injured hope he gets well soon we need him, if a falling out for voicing an opinion lets get on with it we need leaders on the park leaders off the park seem to have lost the place.

Pure speculation and not helpful at all. As for leaders on the park, in my opinion, that is sadly lacking at present and I would include Raven and Warren in that.

He has been injured with a foot injury which if he tried to "run off" may have ended his career ! 

Much as I like him I suspect he will be at top end of our earnings with an agent looking to increase his wages further and it is that which I suspect is the stumbling block and not his ability 

Agreed we need him back and put Meekings back to the CB position, however sadly I think Yogi may argue now that with it so close to end of season and Raven clearly not in his plans, he may want to continue with the defence as is giving more time in preparation for next year. Odds are we may never see Raven in an ICT shirt again, except for some kind of cameo prior to season end as a farewell - but I really hope that I'm very wrong on this as he is better than both Meekings and Horner at RB.

• Agree 3

Would be absolutely gutted if we never get to see Raven in an ICT shirt again, he is totally deserving of some sort of extension. Unless he is after megabucks I think it will be a joke if he is not with us next season and an unnecessary risk.

Edited by LundavraJag
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Agreed we need him back and put Meekings back to the CB position, however sadly I think Yogi may argue now that with it so close to end of season and Raven clearly not in his plans, he may want to continue with the defence as is giving more time in preparation for next year. Odds are we may never see Raven in an ICT shirt again, except for some kind of cameo prior to season end as a farewell - but I really hope that I'm very wrong on this as he is better than both Meekings and Horner at RB.

The only positive for me about that scenario is that Horner may well improve with more game time, much like Tremarco has this season but up till now he has hardly set the heather alight and at times has looked terrible. I think Tremarco used to be an obvious weak point in the team and somewhere for the opposition to exploit but he has proved me wrong this season and made the position his own. Raven is the clubs best RB, it is as simple as that.

• Agree 1