David Raven

ed

Unless there is a good reason that we dont know about (niggling injuries or something else behind the scenes) then I do have to say I am also disappointed in this news. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Unless there is a good reason that we dont know about (niggling injuries or something else behind the scenes) then I do have to say I am also disappointed in this news. 

I would have thought that if it was niggling injuries which meant he was not fit to play here then he was not fit to play anywhere on a full time basis.  If so, I would expect a statement along those lines in due course. 

Shocking decision from Yogi, I'm afraid. I think most of us saw this coming a mile off  - not one of Yogi's favourite players and yet an excellent servant of the club, topped off by that wonderful goal in the semi-final against Celtic. It'll be interesting to see if Rave plays on Saturday (now that he is allegedly fit again).

I agree with some of the comments above - we all make mistakes, but Yogi's Achilles heal is clearly that he doesn't learn from the mistakes he made at previous clubs. I sense that he has an over-inflated ego and a stubborn streak - not a good combination.

Boy, is he going to have to pull a few rabbits out of the hat this summer.

Edited by PerfICT
  • Agree 6

Disgraceful they way this has turned out. Just over a year ago his injury before the Cup Final was seen by Hughes as a major blow to our prospects of winning it. I'd bet on him signing for County, which would be an even bigger blow to us.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Row S said:

Disgraceful they way this has turned out. Just over a year ago his injury before the Cup Final was seen by Hughes as a major blow to our prospects of winning it. I'd bet on him signing for County, which would be an even bigger blow to us.

I have a very real fear that may happen

I've always tried to give Yogi the benefit of the doubt, but there's no defence for this decision.  It's identical to when Butcher froze out Munro.  Even if Yogi doesn't want him to start, at least retain him as a squad player.  An absolutely disgusting decision and I for one believe Hughes may have just signed his own death warrant.

• Agree 7

Right. I'm not at abuse throwing levels yet but this is getting out of hand now.

Why does it seem that everything the gaffer says or does is to the detriment if our club.

Am sure its not but it almost seems as if he's on a one man mission to destroy us at the moment from talking us down in the press to bigging up all other clubs especially Celtic, to constantly losing our best players whilst signing (in the main) utter dross.

Not usually one for these things but has the time come for some form of protest publicly making the board aware of our collective unrest.

Nothing abusive but forceful enough that they have to listen and maybe issue some form of statement explaining all of his decisions.

If Raven ends up at County out of this i will seriously reconsider buying season tickets for me and the wee man for next year.

:sad:

• Agree 4

Echo all of the above comments. Dreadful team news and I am gutted for the man himself who, as others have stated already, loves the place and wanted to stay. There is no reason JH couldn't have kept him in the squad as his reliability when played is clear, he has earned his place in the team but for some reason is not favoured. Up there with some of JH worst decisions to date as this is not simply not being able to keep hold of a good player but a concious decision to get rid of a fan favourite.

• Agree 5

I just can't believe Yogi has let him go without having a BETTER replacement in the bag. If he has, he has gone way way down in my ratings. IMO a great player for this club and I hope he gets snapped up real quick.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

I've always tried to give Yogi the benefit of the doubt, but there's no defence for this decision.  It's identical to when Butcher froze out Munro.  Even if Yogi doesn't want him to start, at least retain him as a squad player.  An absolutely disgusting decision and I for one believe Hughes may have just signed his own death warrant.

I don't know about the last sentence. The manager has only recently extended his contract for two years so will stay. The increasing concern is just where the club will be by then.

Disappointed. Disgusted. Bemused. Raven not getting a new contract with us is terrible news. IMO our best player. Really am starting to lose faith in Yogi now. What exactly is his strategy here? Lose a really good player who wants to stay and sign up a few donkeys nobody else wants. Just a pity the man has another two years contract. There seems to be a lot of general unrest in and around the club. Hope David Raven gets signed up soon by another team. If it is over the bridge  I might just head there on Saturdays when we have away games.

• Agree 3

Unbeleivable decision by John Hughes. The best right back at the club by a mile and one of the best right backs in the country im my view. How he is not getting offered a new deal is ridiculous. Who are we going to get that is better than Raven? After his previous signings I dont have much faith in Hughes bringing in anyone near the level of Raven. If i had a choice of keeping Raven or Hughes at the club we would be looking for a new manager. 

• Agree 6

I'm as disappointed as anyone at this news - but at this stage I won't lambast the manager, because I don't know the reasons behind it. Budget constraints, unreasonable demands, a much better right back already signed on PCA? Who knows, but I hope there is a darn good reason.

• Agree 1

Another example of Hughes the master tactician I'm afraid..absolutely shocking decision, Raven has been a player who puts absolutely everything into every game and actually plays for the jersey, will be sorry to see him leave.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Renegade said:

I agree totally ... I hope the powers that be see the wrong in their ways and re think this horrendous decision. There is still time he is not away yet . Although David Raven is not from this area he shows a passion for ICT which is lacking in a few areas !! 

• Agree 6

15 minutes ago, LundavraJag said:

A 'Save the Rave' banner needed at the last few home games. :redcard:

...and huge vocal support for the idea from the North Stand on Saturday. The manager and board need to be left in no doubt about the views of the overwhelming majority of fans on the matter.

• Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

...and huge vocal support for the idea from the North Stand on Saturday. The manager and board need to be left in no doubt about the views of the overwhelming majority of fans on the matter.

Pity I can't make Saturday, I think I'll go on Sunday just for the craic.

• Agree 5

15 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Totally up for this! Not sure the "He scores when he likes" ditty will quite hit the spot, funny as it is. "One David Raven" is unoriginal, but appropriate. Any better suggestions?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Renegade said:

You have to be careful what you type or say these days as there is always someone out there who will believe it is meant. Instead of being, just a passing comment.

....we could always go for the "you don't know what you're doing" for Yogi. Thinking about it, a song for David Raven will have even more impact if he's not selected or on the bench. I don't wish for that at the weekend, but if he isn't selected, there's even more reason to chant his name throughout the 90 min!

• Agree 3