David Raven

ed

3 minutes ago, Renegade said:

In tomorrow's P&J Yogi confirms Raven will be released.  An absolutely repulsive decision.

Disgraceful and short sighted decision by a manager rapidly losing the plot but given Yogi's history at Falkirk and Hibs, sadly no surprise.

The fact that this thread is now ten pages long without a dissenting voice is clear evidence that all but one think that the club's fortunes will be improved by Raven being offered a new contract. Unfortunately, that one person is the person with the ultimate say so. Dave's only crime is not having been a Hughes signing.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 8

I'm really pi$$ed and it's nit just the beers I've had. Raven and Foran both possibly leaving. What's going on?  We spoke to Richie a few weeks ago and he loves it here his wife has a business along with another players wife  There seems to be something really wrong just now. Whether it's Hughes or maybe all the players who knows? My season ticket renewal arrived today and of course I will renew long with IBM and others who sit together in the North Stand but I don't envisage many new holders at this rate . It's enough to drive you to drink to be sure 

• Agree 4

I am afraid this just shows how utterly clueless John Hughes is..He is going to dismantle this team and replace it with utter dross..With any luck the hibs job might be up for grabs tomorrow..

• Agree 4

Disgrace. JH needs to remember that Rave was instrumental in providing him with his finest moment - that last gasp goal against Celtic in the semi. That's not to say that DR's contribution was a flash in the pan - rather that his goal was the culmination of a good professional footballer, who deserved everything that came his way.

I'm afraid I too am considering ST renewal. I've found our brand of football boring and have been baffled by Yogi's recruitment and retention policy. I can count on one hand the number of games this season that I can suggest were entertaining. Why he'd consider ditching our only decent right back ... And a guy that clearly wants to stay here.....is suicidal. We only have 8 players for next season, and one of them might also be on his bike ffs! Depressed.

• Agree 3

Sadly, I'm not surprised. 

Unless there is a plan in place, which given Yogi's comments on the BBC website - where he says we need to win tomorrow to get seventh (finger on the pulse, eh) and afford to offer contracts - seems doubtful. 

This summer is going to be the ultimate test of Hughes' player recruitment skills. I really hope they aren't as bad as they have been to date, or we could be in real trouble next season. 

28 minutes ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Unless there is a plan in place

There is a plan in place, I have absolutely no doubt about that.  Implementing that plan to bring in the players we want and need is easier said than done, though.

1 hour ago, jagster said:

I'm really pi$$ed and it's nit just the beers I've had. Raven and Foran both possibly leaving. What's going on?  We spoke to Richie a few weeks ago and he loves it here his wife has a business along with another players wife  There seems to be something really wrong just now. Whether it's Hughes or maybe all the players who knows? My season ticket renewal arrived today and of course I will renew long with IBM and others who sit together in the North Stand but I don't envisage many new holders at this rate . It's enough to drive you to drink to be sure 

I am having a large Beinn Dubh relaxing after my last working day yesterday :smile:

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

There is a plan in place, I have absolutely no doubt about that.

I admire your confidence, Ywingie, but the sense I get is that the plan is that there is no plan! See what happens and see who we've got left (that Yogi rates and wants to stay) and patch up the holes after the end of the season. If we're short of strikers and defenders...invest in midfielders because "they're right good footballers" instead. Not my idea of planning, I'm afraid.

• Agree 2

All a bit of over reaction, remember the huge outcry when Granty was released by Butcher? we moved on and Granty was mainly forgotten about in a playing sense, so i think the club will move on now as well without Dave the Rave.

He has been a great servant to our club and we thank him for his time and THAT goal!   best of luck Dave. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2