David Raven

ed

56 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Now get Meekings back to central defence alongside Warren, and we have a decent look about our defence!

We could try Devine up front after the goals he scored recently!

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Great news.  Good to see that the board, if not the ex manager, have listened to the fans.

Absolutely that. It was abundantly clear that whatever the reason was for not offering DR a new contract had nothing to do with his ability and full credit to those behind the scenes for concluding this important piece of business within days of the solitary impediment being removed.

We are still very short of numbers but with the earlier news on OFW, we now have a very solid first choice goalkeeper and defence. Increasing reasons for optimism about next season.

• Agree 3

Lets hope the pre contracts are strikers and if so we may have an exciting team that with the right manager gives a bit of excitement for next season . Going from wishing the season was over a couple of weeks ago to looking forward to it starting and who the new guys will be. 

• Agree 2

It's good to see that decisions are being made quickly and to those questioning the boards forward thinking maybe this decision will go a little way to proving that actually they do have a plan and know what they're doing along with listening to the fans as well.

Remember they see and hear everything even when a manager doesn't and even when it doesn't seem they don't, not all business needs to be conducted in the press and media.

Genuinly delighted with this news, probably the best right back we've had in recent years and a player who always gives it his all and someone who wants to be here.

• Agree 2

Woooooooow! I know we all wished this, but I never actually thought it would happen. Great to see the Board grew a pair and stuck their fingers up at Yogi in this one: Another sign of the disconnect between (ex) manager and board. I wonder if the timing of these signings is also a sign of the players' views on the removal of the manager.

• Agree 3

Defence looking great again. Couple of back up options as well, Good depth. I agree with the few others that have said this - renewed optimism about the look of the team heading into summer. 

• Agree 1

the board obviously could afford to keep Dave the Rave, so wtf was Yogi on about.

Never deserved to be out of the team in my opinion. News has made my day. If it was a choice last week between Yogi or Dave, the board though the same. Also with a few players resigning like this, the club must be projecting their thoughts on who will replace Yogi to or with the players

• Agree 3

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:46 AM, Hearach said:

Only better

Can I confess something ? I am truly delighted that Dave is staying with us for at least two more seasons but if it had been a choice between that and winning ten million quid on the Lottery, well...............

32 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Can I confess something ? I am truly delighted that Dave is staying with us for at least two more seasons but if it had been a choice between that and winning ten million quid on the Lottery, well...............

If I won ten million on the lottery I would have paid David's wages 

for the remainder of his career :-) :-) 

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RiG said:

What an interesting insight. I was particularly intrigued by the comment that Raven and Hughes' apparently mutual "differences" were not unique amongst the players and manager. I think it confirms that all was not well in the camp this season. Delighted that fan power did the job - was the backing of Raven from the fans the final straw for Hughes, I wonder?

• Agree 2

When a manager falls out with a player or players then either the player or the manager have to go. a bit different if the manager falls out with the supporters. Only one camp is going to be exiting the scene then.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Hearach said:

It was a damned disgrace the way he was treated by that man. But justice prevailed and we have our right back right back where he belongs.

Yup. Based on what Raven says Hughes wanted him out long ago. He continuously falls out with players and seems to frequently stoke up grudges with players. Whilst it's of course not unusual for players and managers to fall out it does seem strange that Hughes has done this at pretty much every club he has managed. He just doesn't learn.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Yup. Based on what Raven says Hughes wanted him out long ago. He continuously falls out with players and seems to frequently stoke up grudges with players. Whilst it's of course not unusual for players and managers to fall out it does seem strange that Hughes has done this at pretty much every club he has managed. He just doesn't learn.

I reckon the fact that dressing room harmony has been restored makes whatever wedge of cash Yogi walked away with money well spent. 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

On 11/06/2016 at 2:03 PM, Kingsmills said:

I reckon the fact that dressing room harmony has been restored makes whatever wedge of cash Yogi walked away with money well spent. 

Apart from me, you must be the most boring old windbag on this site.

• Disagree 3