David Raven

ed

15 hours ago, Robert said:

Thanks David, your goal celebration at last year's semi was epic: the look of surprise on your face!!

I honestly think I lost my sanity for about two minutes when he scored that goal - a wonderful but scary feeling. Club legend - gone but never forgotten

• Agree 5

28 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I see some folk are saying yesterday that post-match, Yogi shook the hand of every player, but blanked Raven.  Anyone else spot this?  Poor show if true.

Not strictly true. Yogi went onto the pitch at full time and was shaking hands with the players as they came off. David Raven was about 15 yards away, Yogi extended his hand towards him but he just walked off the pitch. I'm not saying Raven blanked Hughes, he didn't seem to be looking in his direction. Could have been seen as a snub but I'm not sure. Interestingly, when the chairman made his speech, I didn't hear him extend his thanks to the management team.  I may have missed that,  maybe someone can correct me on that.

• Agree 2

Thanks, as I said, I never saw said incident myself though just read a few comments about it.  You're right in latter statement though.  Cameron thanked the players and fans, no mention of the management team though.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 12th Man said:
Official ICTFC Retweeted
david raven
10h10 hours ago
david raven @davidraven131
Thanks to everyone who voted yesterday it's overwhelming and humbling to receive support like that I've never experienced anything like it

Good he won and I would have voted for him but there was no sign of anywhere to vote in the North stand.

13 minutes ago, IBM said:

Good he won and I would have voted for him but there was no sign of anywhere to vote in the North stand.

I was the same.  The only box was in the concourse under the Main Stand, which had run out of sheets by the time I got there.  In the past there's been boxes scattered around but not this time.  Very strange. 

• Agree 1

Also odd that there was no address or words said by the manager this season, pretty sure in both previous years yogi gave a wee speech. Great send off for raven, i wish him well for the future as i think his cameo showed he has plenty still to offer at this level, lets hope personally for him he gets a club abd can play a part although hopefully not coming back to haunt us.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Also odd that there was no address or words said by the manager this season, pretty sure in both previous years yogi gave a wee speech. Great send off for raven, i wish him well for the future as i think his cameo showed he has plenty still to offer at this level, lets hope personally for him he gets a club abd can play a part although hopefully not coming back to haunt us.

Although, having released him in his prime, coming back to haunt us is probably what we deserve.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Renegade said:

I was the same.  The only box was in the concourse under the Main Stand, which had run out of sheets by the time I got there.  In the past there's been boxes scattered around but not this time.  Very strange. 

There was one in the sports bar too, I ended up asking a steward though cos as you say they weren't in the usual places. A bit odd.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Fraz said:

There was one in the sports bar too, I ended up asking a steward though cos as you say they weren't in the usual places. A bit odd.

00776227.jpg

• Agree 1

A conspiracy I think. Hide the ballot boxes so we couldn't vote for David. Also Hughes was probably aware that if he tried to make a speech he would have been booed off the pitch

10 minutes ago, Hearach said:

A conspiracy I think. Hide the ballot boxes so we couldn't vote for David. Also Hughes was probably aware that if he tried to make a speech he would have been booed off the pitch

If it was a conspiracy, which I doubt, it certainly didn't work !

• Agree 1

On 15/05/2016 at 1:12 PM, Tichy_Blacks_Back said:

I wouldn't go as far as 'conspiracy' - I reckon it is probably just more akin in nature to a few other things that have gone on in the last few years

Just as well the club is not a business.... :whistle:

Would have gone to the wall long ago

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:56 AM, izzy said:

Don't pack your bags yet David . All is not lost ,the only one who didn't want you is busy packing his .

Exactly this, hopefully recent developments will have the double bonus of enabling us to retain our fine and fully committed right back as well as being able to employ Meekings in his most effective position in central defence.

Edited by Kingsmills
I am an idiot.
  • Agree 1