Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO
TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
12-04-2016 2-26-19 PM.png
Tweets by @ICTFC

but we can still make an @rse of it and finish 11th ! Feel quite disappointed we were not able to grab all 3 points ... 8pts ahead of Killie with 15 to play for is a lot less comfortable than 10 ahead with 15 to play for ! 

16 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Beat Killie and we are 11 points ahead with 12 points to play for.  Can't see them winning all four and us losing all 4.  

Really unfortunately do not share your optimism after suffering that tonight.

Hopefully BW calls it as it was, fecking  awful.

What is with Hughes that he thinks Danny Williams can play as a lone striker terrible substitution again. Foran on the bench obviously not fit enough to play surely would have been the obvious replacement for Storey. 

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Beat Killie and we are 11 points ahead with 12 points to play for.  Can't see them winning all four and us losing all 4.  

Stranger things have happened. We're destined to play Falkirk. 

I think I can count on one hand or even two fingers the number of times this season we have put in a good display of old fashioned attacking football at home. Both games were probably against Aberdeen as well.

We were absolutely woeful in going forward tonight. Once again we ended up with no strikers on the park at the end. Mutumbo the one who looked most likely to create something was also hooked at half time for Vincent, a player who can't wait to leave.

This approach cannot continue especially for home games. It is so poor to watch and will see our attendances fall even further.

All I can say is thank goodness the outdoor bowling season starts this weekend.

Edited by Row S

I couldn't get to the rearranged game tonight but I agree that attacking football has not been on display a lot at TCS this season.  However, at the moment, I think it is all about picking up enough points to ensure safety and I really don't care if the football that achieves it is not very pretty.  I do share your concern for the future though.  Unless the football on display is more entertaining to watch, people will stop coming and it will be hard to attract them back

8 hours ago, forresjags said:

Foran on the bench obviously not fit enough to play surely would have been the obvious replacement for Storey. 

Which makes the one and only appearance when he started against Hibs in he cup even more bizarre, he hasn't featured even for a few mins as a sub since yet played 90 mins that night?

• Agree 1

That was just the pits.  We've scored just twice from open play in our last five home league games and it's easy to see why.

A draw is a decent enough result on paper, but our lack of ambition was really depressing.  Storey had to exhaust himself chasing shadows and lost causes for 70 minutes; on the rare occasions he got the ball, he would look up and see no teammates within 30 yards of him.  This was very much a night for playing someone like Roberts close to him because Hearts pushed high up the pitch and made it difficult to pass out from the back; in his absence we used Vincent in that role in the second half and he contributed nothing.  As for Williams up front at the end...what was the point of that?  It's becoming harder and harder to understand what Yogi's plan is.

With so many deep lying midfielders in our team it was scary how often Jamie Walker found space in between the lines in the second half.  Our midfielders looked knackered despite doing relatively little running - is a lack of fitness the reason why we've conceded so many late goals this season?  Here, we escaped that fate because of a very good Fon Williams save.

Meekings is not a right-back.  He was caught out of position multiple times down that flank.

I just want this season to end and to forget about it.

• Agree 1

Think that was the most skill devoid ICT team I've ever seen.   3-4 decent players with the rest very average championship players.  

Very poor display, strange tactics and motivation looked halfway to Spain. 

Can't believe what I'm reading here. Solid performance, clean sheet and a good point against a high flying Hearts. Every player put in a shift. Vigurs and Tremarco standouts for me. I think people are starting to carry over negativity from previous outings. Last night we did pretty well imo.

• Agree 6

A good result on the whole.  I don't like the way we've become so predictable though.  It was the exact same line-up and the exact same changes as Saturday, both times for players who are already leaving in the summer anyway.  And what has happened to Richie Foran?  Surely bringing him on for Storey instead of playing the soon departing Danny Williams out of position up front would make more sense?  And where has Jordan Roberts disappeared to?  Is he injured?  There can't be any other reason for him to totally fall out of the side.

I can't help to shake off an ongoing 'end of days' feeling around the club at the moment.  I honestly have a feeling Yogi will be saying cheerio at the end of the season, as the manager anyway.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Renegade said:

I honestly have a feeling Yogi will be saying cheerio at the end of the season, as the manager anyway.

Its unlikely, given that Yogi has a 2 years left on his contract, he hasn't had an awful season for the board to want to sack him and even if they did can we afford the compensation. That means he has to walk away and given the lack of other jobs out there he would be a fool to walk out of a regular job for 2 years, so unlikely as is another club coming in for him.

The end of this season is a little flat, probably because we are mid table with nothing to really fight for, we are bottom 6 which isn't where we hoped to be, but fortunately far enough ahead that relegation is almost improbable. I think we all looked at the cup draw when we saw that if we beat hibs at home in the replay we could face a struggling DUtd side, that failed to materialise and I think for many we look at the high of last year and see this as a huge chance lost to get back to Hampden and given the semi opponents probably consecutive finals. Had the results been different I think the mood all round would be much more positive.

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic