Inverness CT -V- Hearts

Scotty

36 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

Can't believe what I'm reading here. Solid performance, clean sheet and a good point against a high flying Hearts. Every player put in a shift. Vigurs and Tremarco standouts for me. I think people are starting to carry over negativity from previous outings. Last night we did pretty well imo.

I seem to have a different threshold. The game was rubbish and lacking any attacking intent and ambition.

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Its unlikely, given that Yogi has a 2 years left on his contract, he hasn't had an awful season for the board to want to sack him and even if they did can we afford the compensation. That means he has to walk away and given the lack of other jobs out there he would be a fool to walk out of a regular job for 2 years, so unlikely as is another club coming in for him.

I've wondered, with Foran seemingly being readied for the hot seat, if they'd follow the Hearts model, moving Yogi upstairs with Rice staying where he is.

If offered a point before this game I would have taken it so despite what seems to have been a dire game (from BBC Live text) we have to look at it as a point gained 3 pts against Killie will see us safe for this season.

However I have to agree with a lot on this forum that the performances are just not good enough, and unless we get in some decent players in the summer I fear for our future next season where we will have Rangers, and Hibs/Falkirk likely to be back in the premiership

Just don't get the decision making from the dugout at all this season. Last night on paper was a good point and it was an even better point when you look at the chance Djoum had in the second half to win the game which in the north stand it was hard to tell how good a save it was by OFW but it was a point winning save all the same, not to mention a one on one situation. Last nights game was a good point but yet another terrible performance, I didn't think we were solid and it must have taken us 40 odd minutes to register a shot on goal. Passes going to the opposition more often than their intended recipient, fans can only take that for so long before becoming discontent at what they're seeing. Vincent hardly looked bothered when he came on, there was no fight there at all and I don't understand the decision to replace Storey with Williams. Thought Warren deserved his Motm and liked Polworths performance too, the run where he skinned two hearts players before playing in Mutombo via someone else was tidy. Need to get him signed up. Vigurs was decent but sometimes he takes forever on the ball but sometimes you can't blame him as there are no options. Storeys tasty chip across into an empty box from the edge opitomised our performance. Agreed about Meeking's not being a RB, he is a far more composed CB than Devine who got caught in possession again last night.

The uncertainty by a good few people is justified and mutual, I have a bad feeling about next season and the contract situation / signing policy of our manager is my greatest concern. He has earned the right to go out and build his own team though so will just have to go with it and hope he can step up to prove us doubters wrong. Having seen us destroy teams last year with the passing style I think it can do definitely do the business but when you start having to filling in gaps with lesser players or through injuries this totally breaks down and becomes far less effective. Aside from the Aberdeen games and our first Hearts win earlier this season every home game since we have been honking.

We seemed to cancel each other out with our defense closing them down and wr found it difficult to cut through them, although we did have some chances.

Happy enough with a point and 1pt away from 7th 

Time to start building for next season though.

• Agree 1

I agree very much Alex

We were playing a proper football team last night matched them toe to toe and think a point was a good outcome. Credit where it's due, not the players fault they work very hard.

Like to see Josh back alongside Warren asap though 

• Agree 2

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:50 PM, bughtmaster said:

Poor show on the update situation B W negative as usual I'm afraid  ----As bad as I've seen all season Quote.

He really sells football :blink:

Typical of Buchtmaster to want to shoot the messenger, especially if that messenger is club legend Barry Wilson.

Just how on earth else was he going to describe last night's performance and far too many others at the TCS this season other than unentertaining and wholly ineffective ?

To suggest that we were either would be on a par with suggesting that Dingwall is a centre of urbane sophistication and culture !

The really sad thing is that it doesn't have to be like this. On the rare occasions that the team is set out differently or when, usually as a result of losing a goal due to trying to play tippy tappy in our own penalty area, we end up chasing the game too little too late, the players demonstrate that we are capable of being direct, fast paced and entertaining.

There was a time last season when Yogi's style of play was moderately effective but teams have long since worked out how to play us and the sooner the manager recognises that and shows more tactical nous the better.

In the meantime, all that Barry Wilson or any other commentator or summariser can do is to tell it as it is....

• Agree 4

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:15 PM, RiG said:

I'm not there but based on Twitter it doesn't sound like there is much he can really get excited about.

Believe me, there was nothing to get excited about...one shot on target in 94 minutes tells it's own story..all too typical of this season unfortunately.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

There was a time last season when Yogi's style of play was moderately effective but teams have long since worked out how to play us and the sooner the manager recognises that and shows more tactical nous the better.

Falkirk and Hibs fans often said Yogi was reluctant to change from his philosophy of tippy tappy football yet when he was, the recent pumping of County being a good example, we have often reaped the rewards of being a fast direct attacking team.

12 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

I agree very much Alex

We were playing a proper football team last night matched them toe to toe and think a point was a good outcome. Credit where it's due, not the players fault they work very hard.

Like to see Josh back alongside Warren asap though 

A 'proper team' what does that actually mean. They looked a pretty average team to me, who were put under no pressure at all.  A  a terrible advert for the top tier of Scottish football, not helped by the over watering of the pitch, WTF was all that about.   

• Agree 1

Another personal attack from you Kingsmills---not unexpected.

Is it right that you as a Moderator of this forum should be allowed to do such things?

As a so called supporter of ICT do you honestly think it is right that an ex employee of ICT, namely Barry Wilson should be discouraging people from going to football matches by giving damning reports when he attends our games as he does, when the Club is doing it's utmost to attract people into the Stadium?

In case you haven't noticed, Kingsmills, our Club has had a very difficult season to date and we are now fighting to survive in the Premier league, Every point at the moment is precious to us and if  you don't actually witness dynamic football from the Team every game is that so surprising ?

You have had a downer on John Hughes since you heard he was going to manage ICT, occasionally you try to disguise that fact in your postings when the Team is having it's better moments by giving reluctant credit to the man. I wonder if that is to try to keep yourself in a good light just in case he proves you wrong again.

Before you sit down and formulate another acid reply to me just remember that Some people will support this Team through the bad times as well as the good and not keep slagging of it's current employees and systems.

Bye the way you are not making valued comments and giving good criticism for the benefit of the Club-----On the contrary negativity never does this, perhaps when you mature you will understand.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

Is it right that you as a Moderator of this forum should be allowed to do such things?

As a so called supporter of ICT do you honestly think it is right that an ex employee of ICT, namely Barry Wilson should be discouraging people from going to football matches by giving damning reports when he attends our games as he does, when the Club is doing it's utmost to attract people into the Stadium?

In case you haven't noticed, Kingsmills, our Club has had a very difficult season to date and we are now fighting to survive in the Premier league, Every point at the moment is precious to us and if  you don't actually witness dynamic football from the Team every game is that so surprising ?

You have had a downer on John Hughes since you heard he was going to manage ICT, occasionally you try to disguise that fact in your postings when the Team is having it's better moments by giving reluctant credit to the man. I wonder if that is to try to keep yourself in a good light just in case he proves you wrong again.

Before you sit down and formulate another acid reply to me just remember that Some people will support this Team through the bad times as well as the good and not keep slagging of it's current employees and systems.

Bye the way you are not making valued comments and giving good criticism for the benefit of the Club-----On the contrary negativity never does this, perhaps when you mature you will understand.

Should you consider my post to be a personal attack then I suggest you report it for consideration by the Moderators as personal attacks are a clear breach of site rules. I shall, of course, in the interest of fairness, take no part in that process.

As for supporting the club through thick and thin, I have supported ICT and Inverness Thistle before that for almost half a century through some wonderful thick but a hell of a lot of thin as well.

Were this a forum for fans simply to say how wonderful things are when, at the moment at least, they clearly are not it would be a very dull place indeed.

Have you ever visited other football fora ? Compared to many CTO is well regulated and the debate is generally fair, intelligent and articulate whilst robust at the same time.

I have never once, in my view, 'personally attacked' you. How could I ? I don't know you or what you are like and I have no doubt you are kind to animals and small children and would never kick a cat (unless it was Barry Wilson's). However I do sometimes not agree with your opinion and judging by the number of 'red dots' they often receive It looks like I may not be the only one.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, bughtmaster said:

Why should BW or anyone try and paint a rosy picture of something when it isn't? Are you honestly suggesting that he should always talk about how great the game is when it, erm, isn't?

Yes on paper a point against Hearts or whoever was 3rd in the league is generally a good thing but based on what I've read in the press and on social media the majority of people thought it was a very dull game with little of note created to get excited about. The majority of home games this season have been tepid affairs with perhaps only the 2 - 1 win over Aberdeen standing out as an example of a really good ICT performance.

Can you honestly say that you've been excited by some of the performances from ICT at home this season?

• Agree 4

43 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

Barry Wilson is employed by the BBC to comment on games as he sees it.  If he thinks the game is awful then of course it is right that he says so.  Are you seriously suggesting that because he used to be employed by ICT he should lie about the games and say how wonderful ICT were when they were poor?  If you think his comments are not an adequate reflection of the game then complain to the BBC.

And what on earth gives you the right to imply that just because some posters are critical of the certain aspects of the club that they are not supporting the club through thick and thin?  The reality is that because they do care passionately about the club, they are anxious that problems get addressed. and therefore voice their concerns.

You accuse Kingsmills of attacking you and then in last comment you make an inappropriately snide comment about him. Far from displaying your level of understanding, your comment displays a lack of understanding of the importance of constructive criticism in improving performance.  An increasing number of folk who support the team week in and week out are getting very concerned about the way things are going  and particularly about the level of entertainment being provided.  We are the ones who pay Yogi's salary and we will continue to plough money into the club long after he's gone.  We therefore have every right to voice our concerns..

And please don't continue with your nonsense of equating criticism with negativity.  It is, after all, the negativity of the style of play that people are criticising.  

• Agree 4

Rig and DoofersDad you are right in as much as BW is employed by the BBC or perhaps more specifically by the OAM programme.

That should be enough in itself to vindicate me.

I do not expect him to lie or to paint a rosy picture of a game which is not to his liking but there is no need to emphasise that ICT are in his mind, putting on a poor show, when in fact he is there to relay un unbiased report on proceedings on two teams playing against eachother. If one is cancelling out the other then praise the team who is doing that rather than slate the other, at least that way it will not deter people from coming to watch matches that numerous people have found interesting and entertaining.

Maybe not to your taste but we are not all the same.

Why is it that those of us who like to defend the manager and the team,  who have done us proud against the odds we have come up against this season, are not welcome to have their say. Why do you think you should have the monopoly ?

• Disagree 2

11 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

"Why is it that those of us who like to defend the manager and the team,  who have done us proud against the odds we have come up against this season, are not welcome to have their say. Why do you think you should have the monopoly ?"

I like to think the forum is a platform for opinions. You and all those who post positive messages are very much entitled to do so. However in the same vain everyone is entitled to reply to an opinion after all debate is a mainstay of almost all forums on the internet. In no way in my opinion has anyone overstepped the mark here in replies. 

I applaud you for remaining positive but i also applaud any supporter who continues to come back to support the team whether it's regularly or not. No wonder we struggle to gather support at times when people are so quick to put other supporters down. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, bughtmaster said:

I do not expect him to lie or to paint a rosy picture of a game which is not to his liking but there is no need to emphasise that ICT are in his mind, putting on a poor show, when in fact he is there to relay un unbiased report on proceedings on two teams playing against eachother. If one is cancelling out the other then praise the team who is doing that rather than slate the other, at least that way it will not deter people from coming to watch matches that numerous people have found interesting and entertaining.

That makes no sense. The commentator is to remain impartial and unbiased, yet tailor their language to only praise the team doing well and not comment negatively on the opponent as this may affect future crowds? So to recap - they have to remain positive at all times even if one team is bobbins (hence lying) to try and emphasise the entertainment part as it may get fan numbers up - although this is not his role for any club as he is impartial so will have to mention all 42 senior clubs during every commentary?

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

Rig and DoofersDad you are right in as much as BW is employed by the BBC or perhaps more specifically by the OAM programme.

That should be enough in itself to vindicate me.

Maybe not to your taste but we are not all the same.

Why is it that those of us who like to defend the manager and the team,  who have done us proud against the odds we have come up against this season, are not welcome to have their say. Why do you think you should have the monopoly ?

Who on earth ever suggested that you are not welcome to have your say ?  You have your say, some agree with you others do not. It's what the forum is all about.

23 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

Might I remind you that it was you who criticised others for having their say and not the other way round.  Of course you are welcome to have your say, but rather than simply having a pop at others for making critical comments, it would be far more positive to enter into some kind of debate and respond constructively to the points they make.

For instance, RiG asked you a specific question which you have chosen to ignore. And others on this thread have criticised the manager for taking Storey and Mutombo off and replacing them with Williams and Vincent.  Perhaps you would care to explain how taking off our 2 most attack minded players and replacing them with midfielders when we have yet to score is going to encourage folk to come and watch the team?   

• Disagree 1

DoofersDad I have no need to explain myself to you or anyone else but if you insist then

Rig             The answer to your first question is in my post----------the second question I did not suggest that so I don't see it as a question. Third question--------Yes.

With respect, Bughtmaster, there is every reason for you to explain yourself.  This is a forum which exists to allow people to share and discuss various viewpoints.  But when folk express views which are critical of the manager you come on here and criticise them for voicing those views.  You don't address the particular points folk raise, you just say they shouldn't be expressing them. That is really rather discourteous.  

You are also highly inconsistent in what you say.  Your gripe about Barry Wilson seems to be that his reports on matches (even when completely objective) will not encourage new people to attend games.  But then when others express the view that the football on display is not very entertaining and make suggestions for a more attacking style which might attract folk through the gates, you criticise them for voicing those views.  Of course, it may be that you feel the fare on offer has been thoroughly entertaining.  You are, of course, entitled to your view.  But if that is your view then kindly either explain what it is about it that you find entertaining, or refrain from having a pop at those with different views..  On that front, I asked you a question about Tuesday's game which gives you an opportunity to justify your criticism of others but you chose not to answer it.   

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Very ordinary match. But picking up a point against hearts? Yes please! 

The only thing more frustrating than the football, which I'll give them the benefit of the doubt-was down to the weather conditions, was the crappy attitude of the fans. 

Very little positive encouragement, but after any poor touch or loss of possession torrents of abuse! Supporters are their to support, surely??

understandably frustrating, but come on guys, a wee bit more positivity during the games...keep the negativity for on here! 

Edited by ictfcsince94

5 hours ago, 12th Man said:

I read that Robbie Neilson is going to appeal the yellow card for simulation in the box. Is there a new rule out regarding yellow cards? As far as I'm aware you can't even appeal a red given from 2 yellows.

I thought that, too. But, it seems that yellow cards for 'simulation' CAN be appealed - although they can't be appealed for anything else.
However, the deadline passed at the SFA without any approach from Hearts, so they've effectively 'accepted' the punishment!

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic