Inverness CT -V- Hearts

Scotty

Thanks for putting up the footage Manfer. You're a brick.

I have viewed these highlights and  ICT could have scored  a few more if lady luck had been in attendance. But then, again, a miss is as good as a mile, isn't it? Bad luck in not scoring  is matched only by the fact that you do have to accept the bad with the good and, frankly, just get on with it.  It is, and ever will continue to be, quite impossible for  every new year's team to meet all our expectations and we will just have to face the fact that sometimes our team will merely engender our expectorations. :lol: Last remark by approval of  IHE.

I do feel that the somewhat beleaguered Bughtie is merely trying to dwell on the positive aspect of support, as he has done consistently from the very inception of his membership, rather than the brutally frank, but often seen to be negative, criticisms of the team. He conveys the impression that he firmly understands that  attempting to emphasize the positive is preferable to the negative since it is more inspiring, uplifting and motivational to everyone around the club , especially when times are tough as they are now. I agree with that philosophy because who wants to be around moaners all the time and we can't get out of the doldrums by putting people to the sword for every slip-up,  be it players, managers or Board  members all of whom must, anyway, by now be keenly aware that their livelihoods are at stake one way or another.

When we hark on about simulation I have to smile as I dwell on an action which is once again negative  when we could just as easily place  a letter "t" after the letter S and start a thread on how we can uplift and motivate . 

I am very far from suggesting the restriction of anything anyone wants to opine about ICT except that I simply prefer the tempered route at this juncture because I sincerely feel that it will bear more fruit in both the short and long run.                As one of my more poorly-motivated ex employees once intoned directly to me when I fired him for ignoring my specific instructions on how  to do a job ,and nearly lost my company an important contract  as a result,.."You will get more with honey than with vinegar, S.P." :notworthy:

• Agree 2

Bughtie, I made a comment recently about our nearest neighbours and was surprised to find a quite nasty reply the following day which was both unnecessary and uncalled for, having taken a post from 2 years ago and quoting it out of context.

From it I realised that it was not worth my effort in contributing as I seldom do and it suits me more to just continue lurking.  I like to read the views and opinions plus there is a wealth of knowledge of the club history here.

You keep on going though.  As stated above, it needs all sorts to post and put their point across otherwise the site is at risk of either becoming a happy-clappy cult or a pit of perpetual despair.

For me though, I am bowing out now and will watch from a distance.

FoolPhysio

Sorry to hear you are thinking of 'leaving' FoolPhysio. I fully understand your reasons as the same thoughts were in my mind but what the hell, sticks and stones and all that, so why let the despairados win.?

I too find that in most instances I enjoy this forum, there is  excellent  discussion on a diverse range of topics both witty and serious. Recently however the level of negativity has increased considerably. possibly because we have experienced a very unfortunate season. Criticism is one thing, we can all do that, good or bad but the scathing comments from some are very much below the belt, unjustified and often posted without reasoning. The trouble is if you go against their philosophies you are pounced on.

Anyway Good luck to you, I hope you do stay with us, the forum needs people like you and I am sure I am not alone thinking that way.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Foolphysio, Bughtmaster, I was well in positive comments (having penned a song for the club) until I dared to tell the members that the war on terror and the attacks in France (charlie Hebdo) were a hoax. I stand by every word and if you want to contact me leave a message here (this subject arose regarding a bag left on a seat in the stadium), i also disagreed with Stokes joining us due to his Republican (IRA) baggage and received another storm of negative dislikes. So don't feel picked on, there are some on here who think they are clued in when in fact they are as ignorant as my cat. There are also some who think that Stoke's stance is justified. I don't happen to believe that the  glorification of murderers is justified whatever their beliefs. Don't let the ignorant or bigoted wear you down.

best regards

Donald MacDonald

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

34 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

Foolphysio, Bughtmaster, I was well in positive comments (having penned a song for the club) until I dared to tell the members that the war on terror and the attacks in France (charlie Hebdo) were a hoax. I stand by every word and if you want to contact me leave a message here (this subject arose regarding a bag left on a seat in the stadium), i also disagreed with Stokes joining us due to his Republican (IRA) baggage and received another storm of negative dislikes. So don't feel picked on, there are some on here who think they are clued in when in fact they are as ignorant as my cat. There are also some who think that Stoke's stance is justified. I don't happen to believe that the  glorification of murderers is justified whatever their beliefs. Don't let the ignorant or bigoted wear you down.

best regards

Donald MacDonald

This is a match day thread for discussing the football. If you want to promote bizarre and offensive conspiracy theories please do so elsewhere. The internet is full of fora catering for such nonsense.

• Agree 1

Rather than a thread on the Hearts game, this seems to have morphed into a bleeding hearts thread with posters lining up to say how they are being poorly treated by others who disagree with them.  I hope nobody stops posting on here, because a forum is nothing if there are not differing points of view.  But please accept that there will be differing points of view and as long as folk are not being offensive, they are perfectly entitled to voice them.  By the way, I can't see anything nasty in the reply FoolPhysio refers to - methinks you were just being over-sensitive to a change in viewpoint being highlighted!  And wynthank15 must realise that posting something so out of line of conventional wisdom on a sensitive subjects is going to get a reaction and can hardly complain when the reaction comes.

Back to the game.  After all, it was an objection to critical comments which led to this off-topic diversion.  I wasn't able to get to the game, but having seen the highlights and read several reports and comments, it does appear that it was one of those games where the 0-0 scoreline made the game sound more exciting than it actually was.  It is not surprising therefore that there were some critical comments.  People should be free to make those comments.  If you don't agree then that's fine.  But if you don't agree, then please say why rather than simply objecting to people saying something you don't like.  

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic