New telly deal

I am sorry but given what the UK wide public service broadcaster pay for English rights that is still proportionately a poor deal for TV, radio and internet rights.

Our administrators have undersold our game yet again. English football sells it's soul to TV as well but at least it holds out for a bloody good price for it.

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I am sorry but given what the UK wide public service broadcaster pay for English rights that is still proportionately a poor deal for TV, radio and internet rights.

Our administrators have undersold our game yet again. English football sells it's soul to TV as well but at least it holds out for a bloody good price for it.

Yup, and I would also disagree with the opinion that Sportscene do a good job! It's gash! 

Im sure at least some of the games would come close to the entertainment on show south of the border, but it's produced in such a way as to make our game look crap! 

So we get rubbish money and a rubbish product!! Sounds about right!

40 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Yup, and I would also disagree with the opinion that Sportscene do a good job! It's gash! 

Im sure at least some of the games would come close to the entertainment on show south of the border, but it's produced in such a way as to make our game look crap! 

So we get rubbish money and a rubbish product!! Sounds about right!

Sure, as long as you remember that, at present, the cost of producing Sportscene for a season is approximately the same as producing one edition of MOTD. In fact Gary Lineker gets the same in a year as Sportscene apparently.

Here we are hoping to get 7th spot so we can get an extra £65,000 or so of extra cash for next season in the Scottish Premiership.  Meanwhile, Middlesbrough and Brighton are playing a promotion decider this afternoon which is estimated to be worth £170,000,000 to the winners.  Given that kind of money, you would have thought that the game's administrators in Scotland could have wring a little more out of the deal.  The thing is that if the broadcasters paid more, the clubs could afford better players and deliver a better product.

• Agree 1