Euro 2016 Finals

On 6/11/2016 at 7:15 PM, DoofersDad said:

Such behaviour is a disgrace at any time, but this year, the French police are fully occupied in trying to keep everyone safe from the terrorist threats following earlier ISIS outrages.  They should not have to be dealing with the scum of one of their closest neighbours and allies.

Absolutely spot on DoofersDad.

• Scotty pinned and featured this topic

Just read on the BBC that if Russia beat Slovakia then Wales are guaranteed to progress from the group stage = more £££s thanks to OFW's involvement. I think it was £3-4k per day so could end up being an extra dozen or two grand depending how they do! :clapoverhead:

20 hours ago, Scotty said:

Oh I love it when that smug grin is wiped off Ronaldo's face. Well done Iceland! a battling performance and a well earned point. 

Feel even better about the result now that Ronaldo has been bleating like an Icelandic lamb .... very ungracious ...

Icelandic grapes ... unlike Ronaldo, these arent sour

Table_grapes_on_white1-e1435924889978.jp

• Agree 1

If they get to the next round I am sure there will be a plaque put up in Reykjavik. They will of course look after it so it does not decay. 

Congratulations to OFW and his squad mates for their remarkable achievement in putting Russia, with almost fifty times their population to the sword and topping their group.

A five figure bonus for the club into the bargain as a result of his continuing participation in the tournament.

Tremendous for Wales, great performance, but Russia must be the worst team in the tournament - is this what happens when they are clean?!

When OFW is at the Stade de France  next week, he should perhaps take a moment to look forward to our trip to Central Park....

Two groups today: C and D.

Germany and Poland the strong favourites to finish 1/2, then we'll have to see whether 3 points from Northern Ireland will be enough (probably not).

In D, Croatia - Spain should be a great one. I just hope the Croatians keep it quiet this time around.

6 hours ago, IceyCaley said:

Two groups today: C and D.

Germany and Poland the strong favourites to finish 1/2, then we'll have to see whether 3 points from Northern Ireland will be enough (probably not).

In D, Croatia - Spain should be a great one. I just hope the Croatians keep it quiet this time around.

So long as N.Ireland don't lose 4-0 to Germany they will qualify IMO.  They have a much better goal difference than Albania and they only need to better one other group which I think will be the Ireland - Sweden group.  Both teams are currently on 1 point and as they are both playing Italy and Belgium I can't see them winning, therefore both being knocked out for finishing 3rd with a maximum of 2 points

Edited by ICTPAISLEY
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

One of the refereshing things from this tournament is the novelty of seeing the "lesser" teams, rather than the usual suspects who are always there.  The fans of the likes of Wales, N Ireland and Iceland have given brilliant support to their teams - they are just so grateful to be there.  Which got me thinking....

Rather than a protracted qualifying tournament over 18 months, we don't they just select the 24 qualifiers on a rotation basis, so everyone gets a turn! The next tournament will therefore comprise the likes of Luxembourg, Finland, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands, Armenia and of course Scotland...who might then get out of their group and into the knock-out stages (where they will probably lose to Georgia).

And well done to the Replublic as well.  I know it was a weakened Italian side but it was still a superb performance which deserved more than a one goal margin of victory.  And we now have the mouthwatering prospect of Wales v Northern Ireland in the last 16 for which the Welsh should be favourites.  What odds OFW in a penalty shoot out in the final!

I believe that France, Germany, Italy, Spain and England are now all in the same half of the draw.  There is no team in the other half of the draw that has ever won a major tournament so there is a real chance of a surprise team going all the way.  It's turning into a great tournament - just a great shame that Scotland aren't part of it as well.

Was personally really convinced by Croatia so far. If their fans hadn't been goofing up the Czech game for them, they'd have 9 points from that group. Pretty impressive and they really don't have the toughest route. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see them go to the semis or even further?

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic