Euro 2016 Finals

Credit where it's due. Iceland were the better side and their skill, commitment and organisation put any Scotland team of the last twenty years to shame. We need to get some of our technical people up there and find out just exactly what it is they are doing right.

2 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

Tonight we've been drinking Einstok Icelandic White Ale that we got from Waitrose - very nice beer, I'll get some more for the quarter final against France unless there's loads of Carling now going cheap at Tesco!

Yes, we had some of that on our recent trip there ........ very nice

IMG_8494.JPG   

IMG_8495.JPG

I'm going in September for the third time in 2 years. Should be able to take in some games as there's plenty of fixtures on. Don't think much of the beer I have to say, although that Einstok's pretty decent. What's really big over there is Lakris, bars of chocolate with bits of liquorice through it. Sounds weird but it's good.

5 hours ago, Yngwie said:

I was going to suggest that you visit the penis museum, but apparently it's members only........

:getmecoat:

and in case anyone thinks you are joking ...... (click image to engorge enlarge it)

IMG_7735.JPG

Getting back on topic ... I had to laugh yesterday at all the English media and commentators talking about this being England's worst single result since 1950 and how badly England had played without any praise for Iceland whatsoever. Bullshit !!!! Thats euro snobbery at its finest. With the way this week has gone, I see it as one small Island nation defeating another ! <sarcasm>

Iceland has risen from 110+ in the FIFA rankings in 2010 to #34 now. They are nestled in between Ireland (33) and Sweden (35) and losing to either of those countries would not have met with such furore ! They are also 9 places above Scotland and will no doubt shoot even further up the list after the Euro 2016 ranking points have been added. They have completely revamped their domestic facilities utilising geo-thermal power and indoor facilities to be able to train 12 months a year instead of just the 3 they used to be able to and have subsidised more than 700 coaches to go take their UEFA badges .... When we visited there recently I was astonished to find that they had so many professional teams and what percentage of the population actually plays and watches football. Anyone who underestimates them or who chooses to brush them aside (as plenty of commentators have) has his/her head up their ar** !

Ck-yx28WsAA3L07.jpg

Áfram Ísland!

Scotland actually have a 100% win record v Iceland in competitive matches (6 qualifiers) and there can't be many teams we can say that about - only Gibraltar springs to mind!

Meanwhile, Iceland have a 100% record v England!

7 hours ago, Yngwie said:

I was going to suggest that you visit the penis museum, but apparently it's members only........

:getmecoat:

There are similar ones in Barcelona and Amsterdam. I think there's one in Germany too, run by Helmut Schoen. 

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

There are similar ones in Barcelona and Amsterdam. I think there's one in Germany too, run by Helmut Schoen. 

Groan....Next you be telling us the Dutch one is run by Dick Schaaft!

10 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

England were well and truly Schoen up and Schaafted last night.

Of course, you don't need to go to Barcelona, Amsterdam or Germany.  You just need to watch Wales's next opponents.

Ronaldo.jpg

Is that Tintin or is it Poirot :amazed::amazed::amazed:

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic