Ryan Christie

Shorty

Was upset to see him behaving like a bit of a ned in the Celtic game the other night.  He argued with the referee about everything and seemed to spout expletives every time a decision went against them.

As a Caley Thistle fan I might be biased, but it not something you see a lot of from too many players here so it must be from him being in a different environment.

I was hoping the arrogance gene had skipped a generation.

• Disagree 2

You obviously have a blind spot.  I give you Russell Duncan,  Ian Black,  Barry Robson,  Ian Vigurs (both times),  Ritchie Foran,  Phil McQuire,  Graeme Shinnie,  Charlie Christie,  Paul Cherry etc.  All able to act in a less than gentlemanly manner. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

Was upset to see him behaving like a bit of a ned in the Celtic game the other night.  He argued with the referee about everything and seemed to spout expletives every time a decision went against them.

As a Caley Thistle fan I might be biased, but it not something you see a lot of from too many players here so it must be from him being in a different environment.

I was hoping the arrogance gene had skipped a generation.

To be fair, just like his father, he has quite a lot to be arrogant about.

I don't think environment comes into it, unfortunately it's symptomatic of our game as a whole and the lack of respect players show towards officials at times borders on disgusting. Yes it may vary slightly from team to team and we all like to think our players don't do it but in truth they all do.

May I just add, before someone shoots me down, yes officials at times don't help themselves and are very arrogant themselves but at the end of the day they are officials, without them the game would not be played.

I didn't see any of the game and wouldn't watch them anyway but it could all be bourne on frustration on the part of RC wanting to do well and trying to impress on one of his few first team outings but not getting the decisions.

Arrogance is good in a player if harnessed in the correct manner, the worlds best are the most arrogant and it's all formed from the hype they get and how much they are pushed by coaches to believe they are good and can be better.

• Agree 2