Season tickets

ferben1994

I can't  remember a worse time for the club trying to sell them.

We don't actually have a team to come and support.

Legends are being dispersed with at the same time contracts are running out and no news at all of anyone coming in.

The manager and the board are completely at loggerheads.

What a time to be alive.

• Agree 3

Totally agree. I know quite a few long term season ticket holders who are proposing not to renew but instead just pick and choose their games. The days have gone when you would be struggling to get a ticket for any league or cup game. What a difference a year makes, we have failed to capitilise on last year's massive success.

• Agree 4

So right, givemeaccccc! Negligible change in crowds this season and the most boring form of football on show. Never mind, at least we can buy into the team.....er no! No keeper, no right back and no strike force. Ditching fans favourites (Raven) on top of the above could have a critical input on sales. Some BIG positive announcements needed NOW.

• Agree 2

Although I am disgusted with what has happened I agree with Fraz. We support the club no matter what. Managers come and go and hopefully this one will be gone soon. Shoes off.....

• Agree 7

5 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I'll be renewing. I'll support the club first and foremost, regardless of stupid managerial decisions. 

I will as well and just hope we get some more players signed soon.

• Agree 4

9 hours ago, Fraz said:

I'll be renewing. I'll support the club first and foremost, regardless of stupid managerial decisions. 

Every time I sway on renewing, and this year I'm really swaying as transport up for games from the central belt is rotten, this is what I always keep thinking of. I'm not happy with things at ICT right now but regardless I've always said support the club rather the manager or board. 

That said, if you're really not happy with something as a paying customer you'd stop going to somewhere like a Tesco. Is this any different?  

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

Every time I sway on renewing, and this year I'm really swaying as transport up for games from the central belt is rotten, this is what I always keep thinking of. I'm not happy with things at ICT right now but regardless I've always said support the club rather the manager or board. 

That said, if you're really not happy with something as a paying customer you'd stop going to somewhere like a Tesco. Is this any different?  

Of course football is different. Supporting the club is almost in the DNA. Managers come and go, success comes and wanes but true supporters don't stop going but that is all the more reason for clubs, managers and boards to take the views of fans into account as one of the factors in making any major decisions.

• Agree 1

We are missing the point.

There are a significant number of people who are saying that they are not going to renew. A further number are uncertain.

Currently there is nothing happening which gives any positive reasons for changing their mind and saying that they are not true supporters, irrespective of the intentions of the statement, will not make a difference. Only tangible reasons to expect improvements in the product being offered will change this situation.

These people will not stop being supporters but will put less money into the club by limiting the number of games they attend and this impacts both finances but also the atmosphere at games.

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Supporting the club is almost in the DNA. Managers come and go, success comes and wanes but true supporters don't stop going but that is all the more reason for clubs, managers and boards to take the views of fans into account as one of the factors in making any major decisions.

10 hours ago, Fraz said:

Definitely renewing, same seats and good crack with our neighbours in the North stand and agree with the above comments.

• Agree 1

If we had not had such a momentous season last year would fighting for 7 th spot been such a disaster that you would result in not renewing a season ticket. You cannot only sing when you are winning!! 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, rocky1 said:

If we had not had such a momentous season last year would fighting for 7 th spot been such a disaster that you would result in not renewing a season ticket. You cannot only sing when you are winning!! 

Don't think your grasping the real point being made here.

I haven't actually seen anybody moaning about the league position on here it's more to do with all the crap in the behind the scenes stuff thats the real problem.

No loyalty shown to players who are desperate to stay.

Permanently talking down the clubs finances the area etc from the manager

I could go on but it is definately not the league position that is the focal point.

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

On 14/05/2016 at 8:34 AM, Kingsmills said:

Of course football is different. Supporting the club is almost in the DNA. Managers come and go, success comes and wanes but true supporters don't stop going but that is all the more reason for clubs, managers and boards to take the views of fans into account as one of the factors in making any major decisions.

I accept that but if you're really unhappy about something why should you just keep lining up each week to face up the same disappointment? Look at Newcastle fans. Infuriated by the way that Ashley runs the club and while most turn up week in week or a large and increasing number don't and they have had several protests which have involved walkouts or just not attending games at all. I'm sure they take no pleasure in not going to see their team but why should they just turn up every week and accept what's going on at their club?

I should be clear I am not encouraging anyone not to renew their season ticket just asking the question if you are not happy with something, and clearly some fans are not happy with certain things at the club, why should they just hand over something in the region of £300 no questions asked? 

On 14/05/2016 at 10:50 AM, ferben1994 said:

Don't think your grasping the real point being made here.

I haven't actually seen anybody moaning about the league position on here it's more to do with all the crap in the behind the scenes stuff thats the real problem.

No loyalty shown to players who are desperate to stay.

Permanently talking down the clubs finances the area etc from the manager

I could go on but it is definately not the league position that is the focal point.

Agree with most of this. I doubt most folk are expecting 3rd and a Scottish Cup win every year. But people go to games to be entertained and unfortunately we've had some mind numbingly dull games this season. Off the top of my head beating Aberdeen 2 - 1, Partick 4 - 1, County 3 - 0 and the 4 - 3 win in Hamilton are the only games that got me really excited this season.

9 hours ago, RiG said:

I accept that but if you're really unhappy about something why should you just keep lining up each week to face up the same disappointment? Look at Newcastle fans. Infuriated by the way that Ashley runs the club and while most turn up week in week or a large and increasing number don't and they have had several protests which have involved walkouts or just not attending games at all. I'm sure they take no pleasure in not going to see their team but why should they just turn up every week and accept what's going on at their club?

I should be clear I am not encouraging anyone not to renew their season ticket just asking the question if you are not happy with something, and clearly some fans are not happy with certain things at the club, why should they just hand over something in the region of £300 no questions asked? 

Agree with most of this. I doubt most folk are expecting 3rd and a Scottish Cup win every year. But people go to games to be entertained and unfortunately we've had some mind numbingly dull games this season. Off the top of my head beating Aberdeen 2 - 1, Partick 4 - 1, County 3 - 0 and the 4 - 3 win in Hamilton are the only games that got me really excited this season.

3-1 against Aberdeen was also a good day out, 2-1 away at County and the 2nd 45 min on Saturday were also decent fare. Otherwise, I'd totally agree with your selection!

On 14 May 2016 at 8:57 AM, Tree said:

... the atmosphere at games.

You're having a laff ain't ya? Could have 7k in the stadium and the atmosphere would still be questionable...

On 13 May 2016 at 10:51 PM, Fraz said:

^^this

and all this merde about 'entertainment' FML! If you want entertainment, go to the cinema. If you want to watch a game of fitba, and support your local team, then you buy a season ticket and head down to the TCS! If you're lucky, you will be entertained as well. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

You're having a laff ain't ya? Could have 7k in the stadium and the atmosphere would still be questionable...

^^this

and all this merde about 'entertainment' FML! If you want entertainment, go to the cinema. If you want to watch a game of fitba, and support your local team, then you buy a season ticket and head down to the TCS! If you're lucky, you will be entertained as well. 

Fraser McEwan Legal ?

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

^^this

That's just it - some potential supporters are choosing to go to the cinema to be entertained instead of TCS! I'm not talking about the hard-core 2500 that will support through thick and thin - it's the fringe fans that will go for the craic and some goals that we failed to get through the turnstiles.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:04 PM, givmeaccccc said:

The days have gone when you would be struggling to get a ticket for any league or cup game.

Can't say I can remember them ever having been here in the first place! Methinks you are relying somewhat on 20-20 retrospective vision through decidedly rose coloured spectacles!

We really need to do something about the atmosphere then?! 

The atmosphere at the most recent away day in Dingwall was blinding, the home games...meh! I know there's not been loads to get excited about, but a 4-0 drubbing couldn't even spark things, still hearing the usual ***** from behind me! People are gonna moan, but if there was some more singing etc. I might not be able to hear them! :lol:

2 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Can't say I can remember them ever having been here in the first place! Methinks you are relying somewhat on 20-20 retrospective vision through decidedly rose coloured spectacles!

I personally remember struggling for tickets to defo Celtic and rangers games, and having to sit in the uncovered section of the main stand...

The novelty of those games have long since worn off. We used to get something like 4,500 for games v Killie. Unfortunately those games are a bit stale now for both supporters of the home and away side.