New 2016/17 kit

2 hours ago, Gringo said:

Nice to see the stripes back. Will have to view 'in the flesh' but that collar looks a bit naff. Apart from that, looks ok to me. Not liking the green on white of the away strip though :blink:.

I'll work out my advertising charges for MFL before entering into a contract of purchase. :crazy:

It's not white, it's vanilla.

Got a feeling this could be my new "small k" point this coming season!!

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, northstandfan said:

I love the stripes. We have an identity again.

I know a few Palace fans who will be envious of the home shirt, as we have done away with the stripes this year to a certain amount of 'wailing and gnashing' from some fans :crazy:

:ictscarf:

Is there an official release date for the new tops? Hoping to head through for the 30th July Arbroath game... so would take the car rather than travel by train if JD Sports were stocked up with the new kit 

3 minutes ago, northstandfan said:

I really like the strip colour and design but i cant say i'm a fan of the new crest

I'm with you on this one. The original crest had a bit of class about it the newonelooks cheap and amateurish. IMHO 

• Agree 1

Great to see the stripes back (and front!). Agree with others that the white collar looks a bit naff. Maybe a black collar would've looked better?....... Is there any black in the strip at all?

Have to say though that quality of the carbrini strips makes errea look like world leaders. My youngest has had the away strip since xmas and already all the sponsor lettering on the shorts and all the small lettering on the shirt have come off. At least with errea the sponsors livery was dyed in to the fabric so this couldn't happen. With two kids to kit out and strips being released every season we'll be giving this season's a miss I think, unfortunately, due to the expense and (poor) quality. 

Both  strips are good looking , except.................

I would have preferred the home strip socks to be one colour of blue, which is classy, and not with all these stripes which tend to make the lads look like they are sporting the get up of a circus clown.

The away kit looks sensational and would have been even more so had the pants been red.

9 hours ago, northstandfan said:

.....I cant say i'm a fan of the new crest

Me neither. Proper club crest should be shown on the players shirts without the caption. Keep that for the t-shirts / leisure wear.

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, RossP said:

Is there an official release date for the new tops? Hoping to head through for the 30th July Arbroath game... so would take the car rather than travel by train if JD Sports were stocked up with the new kit 

JD website says end of July tbc.

• Agree 1

I love the cleaner version of the badge, especially for media and design use. Can't seem to shift the feeling of tackyness that the club badge includes that motto though. The motto itself, aye I'm ok with it  but using it on the clubs official identity, I just can't seem to like. Almost childish. 

All for it on fan gear and merchandise though for folks to pick up of their choosing.

• Agree 2

On 1 July 2016 at 6:26 PM, Gringo said:

Nice to see the stripes back. Will have to view 'in the flesh' but that collar looks a bit naff. Apart from that, looks ok to me. Not liking the green on white of the away strip though :blink:.

I'll work out my advertising charges for MFL before entering into a contract of purchase. :crazy:

Once you've finished with MFL you better look up Korrie, Allied Surveyors and the extra Carbrini sponsorship they've added as well. 

Don't get me wrong, nice kits but I won't be buying them. 

4 hours ago, Renegade said:

Once you've finished with MFL you better look up Korrie, Allied Surveyors and the extra Carbrini sponsorship they've added as well. 

Don't get me wrong, nice kits but I won't be buying them. 

Never thought of that. Cheers Renegade. I could become a millionaire with all this potential income :rotflmao:

On 03/07/2016 at 8:14 AM, Gringo said:

Me neither. Proper club crest should be shown on the players shirts without the caption. Keep that for the t-shirts / leisure wear.

Very strange that someone has decided to change our name to ICTFC from Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC - A DISGRACE - What in earth was wrong with the original club identification? This "Pride of the Highlands" garbage should not be part of our official Club Badge!

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Very strange that someone has decided to change our name to ICTFC from Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC - A DISGRACE - What in earth was wrong with the original club identification? This "Pride of the Highlands" garbage should not be part of our official Club Badge!

Yeah not particularly impressed with this either. Probably too late to do anything about it this season but can we petition the club to change it back next season?

35 minutes ago, ajmack88 said:

Yeah not particularly impressed with this either. Probably too late to do anything about it this season but can we petition the club to change it back next season?

I get the feeling, however much support it may have behind it, that it would fall on some particularly deaf ears.. =/

If the fans want to use that slogan themselves then that's fine but it shouldn't be something the club should be latching onto. Sticking it on the badge seems massively egotistical to me and makes it look like we have a massive chip on our shoulder. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Renegade said:

If the fans want to use that slogan themselves then that's fine but it shouldn't be something the club should be latching onto. Sticking it on the badge seems massively egotistical to me and makes it look like we have a massive chip on our shoulder. 

or perhaps its the club trying to 'connect with the fans' more.

I would hope the ICTFC and 'Pride of the Highlands' stuff is just for the replica kit for fans (and other fan merchandise) and hence why it is shown in JD Sports pre-order. IF that is the case then I see no issue. 

However, I am in agreement with others on this that it would not be correct for this change to be made on anything official (team kits, letterheads or anything else that is our official identity), especially without consultation with the fans and/or shareholders of the club.  

The reworking of the badge was actually done, and started to be used, about 9 or 10 years ago.

The variation with "Pride of the Highlands" started to be rolled out on things over 6 months ago.

The club name has not been changed.....well, not since 1996 at least!

18 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

The reworking of the badge was actually done, and started to be used, about 9 or 10 years ago.

The variation with "Pride of the Highlands" started to be rolled out on things over 6 months ago.

The club name has not been changed.....well, not since 1996 at least!

Nobody is saying the club name has changed, I think. It's merely the application of the adopted motto. Where might we have seen the latest version in the last 6 months?