New 2016/17 kit

55 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I would hope the ICTFC and 'Pride of the Highlands' stuff is just for the replica kit for fans (and other fan merchandise) and hence why it is shown in JD Sports pre-order. IF that is the case then I see no issue. 

However, I am in agreement with others on this that it would not be correct for this change to be made on anything official (team kits, letterheads or anything else that is our official identity), especially without consultation with the fans and/or shareholders of the club.  

Absolutely. I also have no problem with using the "other" version on fans merchandise but I personally feel it is important to retain the name Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC on the Club badge.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ictfcsince94 said:

don't see what all the fuss is about?!

It took a lot of blood sweat and tears to bring these two clubs together as Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC without having to abreviate the name to ICTFC which has absolutely NO identification to anyone

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

The reworking of the badge was actually done, and started to be used, about 9 or 10 years ago.

The variation with "Pride of the Highlands" started to be rolled out on things over 6 months ago.

The club name has not been changed.....well, not since 1996 at least!

A little misleading methinks .....

The 're-working' of the badge was indeed done 9 or 10 years ago, you are right. It was changed from the first to the second image shown below ostensibly because Errea and others found it hard to replicate the original intricacies/textures of the eagle and thistle on material and merchandise. However, the club name remained fully intact. Or to put it another way, it was re-worked but not re-worded .... Dont think anyone has an issue with that adjustment of the crest, at least not in this thread ... its the apparent re brand of Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC to "ICTFC Pride of the Highlands" that seems to be drawing most of the ire. If the re-wording is for replica merchandise sold to fans, or as a tagline on social media etc, then as I said, I personally dont have an issue with it, but if the official branding is now to be "ICTFC Pride of the Highlands" instead of our proper club name that's a different discussion, and a different answer from me !   

ICTLogoOLD.JPG     ICTLogoNEW.jpg

3 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Very strange that someone has decided to change our name to ICTFC from Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC - A DISGRACE - What in earth was wrong with the original club identification? This "Pride of the Highlands" garbage should not be part of our official Club Badge!

44 minutes ago, TheKarl said:

Nobody is saying the club name has changed, I think. It's merely the application of the adopted motto. Where might we have seen the latest version in the last 6 months? 

Yeah, they did!!!

It's been used on the website and social media....not for everything, but here's a few examples.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

It took a lot of blood sweat and tears to bring these two clubs together as Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC without having to abreviate the name to ICTFC which has absolutely NO identification to anyone

well if that's how you feel why abbreviate fc? should you not refer to the club as Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club at all times? and I'm pretty sure ICTFC does have some identification with our club, maybe in that it is the clubs name abbreviated?? :ohmy: 

move with the times! the merger happened a wee while ago now.......

• Disagree 5

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

A little misleading methinks .....

The 're-working' of the badge was indeed done 9 or 10 years ago, you are right. It was changed from the first to the second image shown below ostensibly because Errea and others found it hard to replicate the original intricacies/textures of the eagle and thistle on material and merchandise. However, the club name remained fully intact. Or to put it another way, it was re-worked but not re-worded .... Dont think anyone has an issue with that adjustment of the crest, at least not in this thread ... its the apparent re brand of Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC to "ICTFC Pride of the Highlands" that seems to be drawing most of the ire. If the re-wording is for replica merchandise sold to fans, or as a tagline on social media etc, then as I said, I personally dont have an issue with it, but if the official branding is now to be "ICTFC Pride of the Highlands" instead of our proper club name that's a different discussion, and a different answer from me !   

ICTLogoOLD.JPG     ICTLogoNEW.jpg

Not misleading at all.....I clearly state that the variation with the change of wording wasn't first used until about 6 months ago.

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

more people have shown contempt for the use of an abbreviation than bothered to support the youngsters on Saturday! #keyboardwarriors

You seem to be the one showing contempt for those who see this as a concern. No-one else is shouting you down or making puerile posts aimed to denigrate others' opinions (and making a very basic historical mistake in the process). 

FWIW, I don't think I was showing contempt for the use of an (already established) abbreviation of the club name, and I have absolutely no issue with it being used on fan merchandise, social media etc. I could care less in these places (and on here) whether we are called ICTFC, Inverness CT, Caley Thistle, Caley Jags, or Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC ... its all the same ... However, I do have an issue if it is to replace the official branding of the club on the crest which (apart from the first season) has been Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC. The badge can be tweaked to suit, it has already been done, and was kept within the original parameters, just made less complicated for manufacturers or printers to replicate. If we are to tweak the club name officially to the abbreviated version then that is a far larger change worthy of more discussion.

Sorry I could not be in North East Scotland to support the youngsters on Saturday .... I was sitting in the emergency room (A&E) in Toronto with my two year old son who was feeling unwell. that's called #priorities !!! (he's fine now BTW) : PS - only one #keyboardwarrior in this thread and its not me ... The people who made the re-design and the officials of the club all know who I am and whilst we may agree or disagree on the odd thing we can (and do) respect each other. Even for those who dont know me, I post under my first name not a pseudonym and am never hard to find.

Incidentally - as for the kit itself - from the pictures I have seen so far I think it looks like a cracker and once I am sure it fits CaleyD I will definitely be getting my hands on one (the size guide on JD website seems a little 'tight') ... May even get the vanilla one (with a small v ;) ) too .

Edited by Scotty
added my thoughts on the actual top !
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

the new club crest, which should be easily replicated on the new shirts. I'm sending it off to Cabrini just now, so it'll get onto all the pre-orders.

ICTLogoNEW_jpg_9c6a1421b843b9674e3fc7605450c87d.jpg

I could be wrong but I don't think there's ever been an Inverness Caledonian FC

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Don't mean to show contempt to anyone, and maybe im just too young to 'get it' but i just cant see the big deal about abbreviating one of the longest club names in British football ?

It is all to do with recognition.

For me the important part is the "Inverness" and our crest clearly told those who encountered our team who we were and more importantly, where we are from.

Having ICTFC is a useful abbreviation in social media etc but if we were to play in Europe again, would it not be a source of pride to wear INVERNESS on your chest, either as a player or as a supporter?

Edited by FoolPhysio
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Don't mean to show contempt to anyone, and maybe im just too young to 'get it' but i just cant see the big deal about abbreviating one of the longest club names in British football ?

Likewise I can't see the big deal about going to a friendly in Fraserburgh as if it's some kind of incredible achievement.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

The reason we have 'one of the longest club names' in British football is that it reflects a history that goes back a hundred and thirty years. That may not be important to you but it is to many of us.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Alex MacLeod said:

I could be wrong but I don't think there's ever been an Inverness Caledonian FC

Did Caledonian not incorporate Inverness into their name in the 70s and then drop it again in the late 80s after they were refused planning consent for a new ground in the Carse ?

5 hours ago, FoolPhysio said:

It is all to do with recognition.

For me the important part is the "Inverness" and our crest clearly told those who encountered our team who we were and more importantly, where we are from.

Having ICTFC is a useful abbreviation in social media etc but if we were to play in Europe again, would it not be a source of pride to wear INVERNESS on your chest, either as a player or as a supporter?

Yup - totally agree. 

As an ex-pat, its very important (to me) to have Inverness as part of the name of the club on the stuff I wear. Its a source of pride in my home town and my club. It has started many a conversation with some folk commenting on the "beauty" of the name and how it sounds decidedly Scottish with the use of the words Caledonian and Thistle. Other folk have heard of us for one reason or another, whilst a few do indeed comment on how bloody long and how much of a mouthful the name is. ICTFC, and the Pride of the Highlands subtitle whilst handy on social media where brevity is crucial does not have the same effect but it makes sense to have some graphics to support the social media presence or campaigns.   

I would (will) have no issue wearing merchandise with the short form of ICTFC on it IF I like it (and I do like the new strip), especially around friends in Toronto as my friends all know who I support, just as I know which of them support Hearts, Feyenoord, Coventry, Arsenal etc without looking at the badge ... but I would still rather it had our proper name on it. I do however want the club and the team to continue using the proper badge and name.    

• Agree 3

Clearly im on my own here but i get everything about the history and the recognition etc but the club haven't changed their name ? Its just been abbreviated on a shirt. Never mind, the beauty about being people is that we can all have our own opinion. Maybe the way i expressed mine wasnt the best....hope noone was offended                 

Why so serious?:crazy::ictscarf: