Hughes away?

Renegade

Heard today (rumour, but trusted source) that the board offered to pay half of Raven's wage if he was offered a new contract but Hughes refused this, wanted him gone.  No great shock, but if true shows the gulf between board and Hughes.  Surely untenable.  KC seemed to be chatting warmly to Raven on pitch on Saturday, no sign of any animosity there.

• Agree 2

I heard something similar to the above the other week but what I heard was an individual member of the board (who I don't know) was going to pay for a new contract for Raven personally.  I can only assume that this was vetoed by Hughes.  In that case then the 'moving Raven on to bring in an exciting player' was a flat out lie.  Every man and their dog knows that the board and Yogi are at loggerheads at the moment and we can't carry on like this.  If he's the manager at the start of next season I'll be very surprised, but I would say the chances of him being here this time next year are almost certainly nil.

• Agree 2

Sure is a lot of People ITK on this site. This is rumours started on Social Media sites by people who clearly don't like Yogi. He is the best manager we have had, sure he's not perfect but he's done a great job! I expect him to be with us until end of his contract at least.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 10

8 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Who is a better manager? Getting three teams into Europe, winning and coming runner-up in the Scottish Cup.

Once again you confuse best with with lucky and successful.

In my view, as far as their times with us are concerned, Steve Paterson, John Robertson, Charlie Christie and Terry Butcher were all better managers than John Hughes.

I would agree that John Hughes is a better manager than Craig Brewster second time around.

• Agree 1

Lots of rumours yet nobody is brave enough to put a name to the source, very disrespectful to start circulating yet more negatives about the manager. Its obvious there are some who want him out but this is nothing more than a campaign to get more fans on his back. If there are 'sources' in the club willing to break confidentiality about what is going on then perhaps out them - if they are either brave enough or don't care enough about their roles then let everyone know who they are to add credibility to the statements.

6 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Lots of rumours yet nobody is brave enough to put a name to the source, very disrespectful to start circulating yet more negatives about the manager. Its obvious there are some who want him out but this is nothing more than a campaign to get more fans on his back. If there are 'sources' in the club willing to break confidentiality about what is going on then perhaps out them - if they are either brave enough or don't care enough about their roles then let everyone know who they are to add credibility to the statements.

Do you not think the managers recent conduct in press etc has been distrspectful? Personally cant wait to see the back of him!

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Do you not think the managers recent conduct in press etc has been distrspectful? Personally cant wait to see the back of him!

Not just disrespectful but thoroughly ignorant and unprofessional. Of course there are likely to be disagreements between different tiers of management but Yogi took what should have been an internal matter into the public domain leaving the chairman no alternative other than to seek to set the record straight.

• Agree 4

Aye right. Like Terry Butcher has been an outstanding success since he left. Whatever the answer is it's certainly not the return of the flat cap and flasher coat and his side kick who was so disparaging about us before departing for the giddy heights of Easter Road.

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, ICTRoughi said:

Stuart McCall would be the best shout with Kenny Black. A good pair of coaches and work well under a shoestring budget. 

If either speaks to Yogi about the job I don't think you'll see them here.

Woof! 

Agree with Perf. If he is going to go get it done now so any new manager has as long as possible to shape the squad. If he isn't then let's get on with rebuilding the side and ditch the fighting in the press between the manager and board. 

• Agree 2

Hoping the board stands firm on the budget. Yogi shouldn't be allowed to gamble our clubs future on a spending spree. If it all goes Pete Tong (the Falkirk experience) it's no skin off the manager's nose, he can walk into another job tomorrow. 

• tm4tj locked this topic