Miles Storey latest

It's a shame he's moved on and a bigger shame it's Aberdeen but he never said he was committed to resigning for us, he did suggest that he would be open to a return to Scotland that was all.

He did a good job for us when he was here and improved himself as a player so we both came out of it OK.

Absolutely.  In an interview about 6 months ago he made it very clear that whilst he would be happy to extend his loan til the end of the season, he was here to put himself in the shop window.

The plus side of all this is that his success in that respect can only encourage more players to come here to relaunch there careers, as many others have done before him.

• Agree 1

It's a bummer, but he was a free agent who has proved he can score goals and be a threat at this level, and is happy to live up in the North of Scotland....an easy win for Aberdeen who must earn about £3m more than ICT from attendances, and can pay higher wages

I was really hoping we would some how be able to keep Myles but the £200,000 quoted is obviously far beyond the sort of money we could afford to spend, these days that is quite a large transfer fee for a Scottish club outwith Rangers and Celtic. Some people may disagree but in hindsight I would happily have seen Tansey go for £200,000 when we had the chance if it meant we could have signed Storey. Since the fiasco in January with Aberdeen, Tansey hasn't been the same player he was and has had far less impact than he did prior to that.

The concern yet again is we are lacking a proven goalscorer, exactly the same as last season. Fisher obviously hasn't had the chance to prove himself but as it stands we are pinning our hopes on him with next to nobody as back up.

• Disagree 1

On 17 May 2016 at 3:22 PM, Charles Bannerman said:

Along similar lines - John Rankin.... Don Cowie.... Stuart Golabek..... Andrew Barrowman...... to name but a few. Pot, kettle, black?

Not a great comparison.

1) This is 'but a few'?

2) Many transfers from County happened when they were in a lower division, not direct opposition.

3) What about those going the other way? Granted they were mostly at the end of their careers, but I can think of Tokely, Munro, Hastings, McCulloch, Duncan, Golabek 'to name but a few'.

4) Look at the timescale. How many players have been poached/approached on McInnes' watch?

5) I didn't have to edit it :twothumbsup:

• Agree 4

On 5/17/2016 at 3:22 PM, Charles Bannerman said:

Along similar lines - John Rankin.... Don Cowie.... Stuart Golabek..... Andrew Barrowman...... to name but a few. Pot, kettle, black?

I think the fact that we gave them Ross Tokely more than makes up for all of those... 

20 hours ago, Muzzy said:

I was really hoping we would some how be able to keep Myles but the £200,000 quoted is obviously far beyond the sort of money we could afford to spend, these days that is quite a large transfer fee for a Scottish club outwith Rangers and Celtic. Some people may disagree but in hindsight I would happily have seen Tansey go for £200,000 when we had the chance if it meant we could have signed Storey. Since the fiasco in January with Aberdeen, Tansey hasn't been the same player he was and has had far less impact than he did prior to that.

The concern yet again is we are lacking a proven goalscorer, exactly the same as last season. Fisher obviously hasn't had the chance to prove himself but as it stands we are pinning our hopes on him with next to nobody as back up.

Fisher had a good work rate but didn't even get a chance to see him with the ball in front of goal. Good of the club to keep faith in him to see how it goes.

I wonder if Storey is a direct replacement for Johnny Hayes? They would probably get a good bit of cash for him, easliy cover the £200k