Yogi

Bronson

1 hour ago, jagster said:

There were journalists there this morning when I got my season tickets just after 9. Been a long day for them :laugh::laugh:

I would have opened up the bar and sold them some pies and coffee.

And enrolled a few more CJT members :laugh:

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Let's face facts, every manager worth his salt tries to get more money to strengthen the team. Because of the injury crisis he had no option but to look for more money and the board had no option but to approve it. The problems arose with next seasons budget and If it was set at the starting figure agreed for the previous season I think this was fair. I do not however agree to bringing any negotiations or arguments into the public domain. It should all be done behind closed doors and it's not only the manager who should be subject to these conditions. If our board felt Yogi's comments were out of order they should have disciplined him privately - just the same as any business would do. If they felt it was gross misconduct they should have dismissed him and let an industrial tribunal decide if he was due any compensation.

This situation is a shambles for both parties concerned and I would totally agree with Tichy Blacks Back in that a total, comprehensive review of how this club is run (and the people who run it - salaried and otherwise) is undertaken immediately. OBTW , with respect, I don't think Danny MacDonald has the level of experience to do this.

Totally agree that this situation gas been badly handled by all concerned and this reflects badly on both parties. It also reflects badly on the club's image within the game. What Caleyboy describes is what would happen within most businesses and I have personal experience of dealing with a case similar to this in this manner. While the board have done well, in financial terms, to keep the club on an even keel, there seems to be little or no forward planning or even a vision for where the board want the club to go.

I don't know Kenny Cameron but I don't think he is vocal enough in support of the club and a stronger chairman/board is needed to drive the club on. I have no thoughts on who that could be or how that can be achieved but still think we at times still display a Highland league mentality at Board level.

This is purely my opinion but I think a weak board has not helped with this situation.

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, dumpmaster said:

I just drove past the stadium about 15 mins ago and there was a gathering of journalists and tv crews there.I wonder if an official club statement is imminent?

I wouldn't hold your breath - not meant as a criticism but just an observation of announcements in general that emanate from TCS  :whistle:

It's a shame that it's come to this and I'm sad to see him leave after last seasons phenomenonal success in particular. 

However we need a manager who is able to work, and deliver, with the budget constraints of the club and if Hughes does not feel he can then it might be best that he does go. 

Unfortunately Inverness will always lose their best players to top clubs and we cannot compete financially or indeed in terms of reputation with the likes of Aberdeen. It would be nice however for the club to learn from errors of allowing contracts to run down and losing talent such as Watkins, Shinnie, Hayes for nothing. 

• Agree 2

Doesn't explicitly state he has left although I assume that is what it is getting at. I wonder why it's stopped short of saying exactly that.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Everything Yogi had said is past tense he's away.

Shame it had to finish like this, all the best Yogi.

Was great getting to our 1st Cup final and even better beating Celtic in the semi and lifting the Cup in the final.

I seem to recall Yogi doing a good job at Hibs in cups and getting them into Europe too so hope he's not out of work for too long.

8 minutes ago, Hiro said:

Very weird. Even the headline doesn't say he's gone.  Reading the quotes leaves us in no doubt though. 

There was very little doubt after what was said and, more to the point, what was not said, after the Dundee game.

The end of a notable chapter in the story of ICT and time to start writing the next one.

Bollox! A most unsatisfactory end to a very good managerial spell. I know some people didn't like the possesion game, but if the quality of recruits echo's bears out Yogi's fears then the ability to keep possession might be the only thing that saves us next season. Somehow I suspect Tansey may go to give the new manager something to play with.

Last season's success and the trip to Hampden will linger long

2 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Bollox! A most unsatisfactory end to a very good managerial spell. I know some people didn't like the possesion game, but if the quality of recruits echo's bears out Yogi's fears then the ability to keep possession might be the only thing that saves us next season. Somehow I suspect Tansey may go to give the new manager something to play with.

Last season's success and the trip to Hampden will linger long

Haven't you made an appointment to be somewhere this weekend.

Best of luck by the way.

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 3:05 PM, snorbens_caleyman said:

Can't see any new signings being made until everyone knows who the manager will be next season.  And that's (probably) not going to happen overnight.

Or will it ?

4 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Haven't you made an appointment to be somewhere this weekend.

Best of luck by the way.

Sure have, and the butterflies are just starting ...hope to see one of my teams lift a Cup for the second year running! (and end 26 years of hurt)

• Agree 1

Must admit I have mixed feelings. He will always be associated with our best ever year (to date!), but if he feels he has done all he can, it may be the best all round.

The Board is right to avoid over committing the club financially, as that would be a recipe for future disaster. 

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, getting the appointment of the new management team right is key.

Most of all, I hope we get unity in the ranks to help us through a difficult time and hopefully set us up for a top six finish and a good cup run (or two) next season.

I certainly believe we should be thanking Hughes for his part in our achievements.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

The comments on the club Facebook page suggest a lot of people there are disappointed with this decision.

Lots of people hating this decision, and tbh I can't make up my mind. Kingsmills post sums it all up nicely though.

i don't agree however, with our perception in the media being tarnished bla bla! Perhaps, things could have been handled differently, but the board are operating without hindsight! 

To suggest that the board of a club at the highest level of Scottish football have 'no vision' is rubbish also. They might not communicate that vision, or the budget may not match that vision, but there will still be a long term plan in place. This may simply be 'survive' and to that end, they are succeeding. The club still exists, and for another season, exists in the premiership. 

However the new manager is, they will have a budget, and they will know from this, that the budget available is very inflexible, and 'if your not happy with that, don't bother trying to bully us' I actually think in this regard, the board looks quite strong.

im happy they never yielded to the pressure, I only wish they'd taken that view before extending his contract. It would've saved money and face.

good luck in the future yogi, thanks for the memories.

• Agree 5

4 hours ago, Alex MacLeod said:

I dont think I'm up to speed with anything. In the past when needing cash outside the budget people have gone cap in hand to others to make up the funds. Usually by way of short term interest free loans. As for the new manager it may well be that we are already paying his salary

In all honesty, though, Caleyboy would you like to see us get into serious debt in order to progress or are you happy that we operate within the funds we are able to raise?

Don't be bloody stupid man. You will find previous posts from me stating that our fans need reality and that may not be in the top division.

goodbye yogi . I found your style of play very boring, so not bothered you are leaving.

if you are lucky you may find another team just about to fulfil their potential as you did when you came to us.( missed Europe the year before after defeat in dingwall)

you lost my support when you walked past thousands of our fans at the cup final.

you walked from the corner flag where the players were celebrating with the cup past people shouting for you to stop so they could get a photo ( deffo not me), even a wave would have done some, to the half way line and gave a fist up to the Falkirk supporters before walking across the pitch to the main stand.

butcher built the team that won the cup, and according to the club on a smaller budget than you operated on.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1